Author Topic: Modifying Sound Definitions  (Read 581 times)

Offline Wintersfrost

• Cookies: 1
Modifying Sound Definitions
« on: August 09, 2020, 08:37:22 PM »
I'd like to edit the default sounds used for some of the weapons in my install rather than creating new sound definitions. For example, for one of my projectiles I'd like the sound to be Photon Torpedo instead of Photon Torpedo 6. How can I accomplish this? I am not able to locate any sound files except for SoundConfig.pyc and it's uncompiled.

Offline Haxxor1337

• Cookies: 11
    • .~*BC - Galaxy*~.
Re: Modifying Sound Definitions
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 03:46:25 AM »
 :hi:
Python Decompiler download
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ap9ht03sp1wp7k1/Easy%20Python%20Decompiler%20v1.3.2.rar?dl=0

simple in use...

Easy Python Decompiler save the files like "Episode1.pyc_dis"
rename it to .py
done!

Offline vonfrank

• Cookies: 182
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 02:02:23 PM »
I assume you're wanting to edit the "sound name" that a certain projectile has? The projectile and hardpoint scripts reference a file called "StaticDefs.py", which IIRC, is located in the main scripts directory. The file then pairs this "sound name" with the filename of the sound effect in the SFX folder.

The StaticDefs file contains a bunch of the games built-in details (like the names and sorting of stock ships for quickbattle, the stock planetary systems, and the stock sound files). It is a useful file to edit if you don't want to make custom ship, system, and sound files for modded entries.

Offline Wintersfrost

• Cookies: 1
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2020, 11:31:36 PM »
The StaticDefs file contains a bunch of the games built-in details (like the names and sorting of stock ships for quickbattle, the stock planetary systems, and the stock sound files). It is a useful file to edit if you don't want to make custom ship, system, and sound files for modded entries.

Yes, that's the file I was looking for. The little things you forget after being away for so long. Thanks for the help. You saved me the trouble of creating new sound defs. At least I hope by editing StaticDefs will work.

Cookie for you sir. :)