Author Topic: HELP: Modding the PEREGRINE (Nebula) in Single Player  (Read 605 times)

Offline HannouHeiki

• Cookies: 0
HELP: Modding the PEREGRINE (Nebula) in Single Player
« on: February 15, 2022, 11:56:21 PM »
I'm changing up hardpoints and ship models for the single player campaign.  I'm not using Foundation because my understanding is that it only affects Quickbattle.

My issue:

I had the thought of using the "peregrine.py" ship and hardpoint file to point to an Excelsior model instead of a Nebula.  I thought this would be a simple way to add an Excelsior to the single player campaign without swapping out the Nebula wholesale.

For E6M2 it was awesome to greet the Nightingale showing off the Excelsior model!

For E6M3.py I replaced all instances of "Nebula" with "Peregrine" and got the Nightingale and Khitomer to spawn as Excelsiors.

Only one thing is bugging me:  For the life of me I can't figure out to swap the LCARS ship icon to that of an Excelsior.  Does anyone have an idea of how I can get the Peregrine to point to an Excelsior.tga instead of the Nebula one?

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1077
    • Blackrook32's YouTube Channel
Re: HELP: Modding the PEREGRINE (Nebula) in Single Player
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2022, 05:08:33 PM »
I'm changing up hardpoints and ship models for the single player campaign. I'm not using Foundation because my understanding is that it only affects Quickbattle.

Hi There,

If you noticed, I've highlighted the fact that you are NOT using Foundation?

Foundation is what allows for BC to be modded, either by single-player or Quickbattle.
Even if you're just modifying single-player, Foundation must be installed.

The only drawback for Foundation? You cannot play both Single-player and Quickbattle in the same install.

My suggestion? Install a fresh copy of Bridge Commander, then install the BC 1.1 patch, then the latest Foundation build which can be found here...

* Bridge Commander 1.1 Patch
https://www.gamefront.com/games/bridge-commander/file/bridge-commander-patch

* Bridge Commander Universal Tool (BCUT) v.1.8.1 :
https://www.gamefront.com/games/bridge-commander/file/bridge-commander-universal-tool-bcut-v-1-8-1

" Fortune Favors the Bold "