Author Topic: I have a problem with the Quincentennial Mod  (Read 1458 times)

Offline Paper Airplane

• Cookies: 0
I have a problem with the Quincentennial Mod
« on: March 13, 2022, 11:00:18 AM »
For some reason the Player's ship is Indestructible in this mod the hull can't hit 0% this only affects the player's ship and not the AI ships.

As you can see in the first picture the hull has hit 0% and then goes back up by a bit in the second picture, The hull is never able to hit 0% and the ship is never able to be destroyed if anyone knows how to fix this then please tell me.

Offline Digital_Clarity

• Cookies: 3
Re: I have a problem with the Quincentennial Mod
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2022, 10:32:32 PM »
Check the hardpoint properties in Model Property Editor or Notepad++ and see if the flags are checked for critical, targetable and primary. Hope this helps.

Offline Paper Airplane

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2022, 02:05:10 AM »
Well all the hardpoint hull properties of all ships say 1 so i don't think that is the problem.

Here is the galaxy's hull hardpoint property for example.

Hull = App.HullProperty_Create("Hull")

Hull.SetMaxCondition(30000.000000)
Hull.SetCritical(1)
Hull.SetTargetable(1)
Hull.SetPrimary(1)
Hull.SetPosition(0.000000, -0.200000, 0.000000)
Hull.SetPosition2D(64.000000, 64.000000)
Hull.SetRepairComplexity(2.000000)
Hull.SetDisabledPercentage(0.000000)
Hull.SetRadius(0.300000)
App.g_kModelPropertyManager.RegisterLocalTemplate(Hull)

And here is a picture from the Bridge Commander Universal Tool

Offline Digital_Clarity

• Cookies: 3
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2022, 12:29:15 PM »
I never used this mod before. Have you tried contacting the development team?

Offline Paper Airplane

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2022, 05:18:55 AM »
I have asked SirLazenby over on nexus mods and am still waiting for his response.

Maybe you can try this mod and see if you have the same problem.

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1077
    • Blackrook32's YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2022, 07:10:33 AM »
I have asked SirLazenby over on nexus mods and am still waiting for his response.

Maybe you can try this mod and see if you have the same problem.

I doubt you're going to get any answers there. :angel2:

I'm guessing you're using a sovereign Class? If that is the case? I'd, swap out the hardpoint file. Best use the model's HP of the original ship's author if it was listed in the readme.

" Fortune Favors the Bold "

Offline Paper Airplane

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2022, 03:10:27 PM »
I tried changing the hardpoint of the galaxy and the sovereign it had no effect this is more like an issue with the mod itself and not the hardpoints i suspect this to be a problem with one of the scripts.

This doesn't happen in the base game or the kobayashi maru mod and it doesn't matter what ship you play as.

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2022, 06:20:57 PM »
I tried changing the hardpoint of the galaxy and the sovereign it had no effect this is more like an issue with the mod itself and not the hardpoints i suspect this to be a problem with one of the scripts.

This doesn't happen in the base game or the kobayashi maru mod and it doesn't matter what ship you play as.

Just to cover all the bases; when you delete scripts, that would include both .py and .pyc files if this is not done? The original file will still be in effect.

in either case, you should use this modding tool below. Just get a better handle on what's going on with your installation,

* Console Tracker v.1.7
https://www.gamefront.com/games/bridge-commander/file/console-tracker-1

Offline fraher

• Cookies: 10
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2023, 10:42:12 AM »
This Mod is the most intricate that has been made since the scripts of the original Mods were integrated into the code of the original scripts in such a way that you may modify something in one and cause problems in another script. In fact, years ago I reverse engineered the Mod and there are still things I can't find! Anyway, test if the console tracker works, although I don't know if it causes conflict with the Qincentennial.

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2023, 12:27:15 AM »
This Mod is the most intricate that has been made since the scripts of the original Mods were integrated into the code of the original scripts in such a way that you may modify something in one and cause problems in another script. In fact, years ago I reverse engineered the Mod and there are still things I can't find! Anyway, test if the console tracker works, although I don't know if it causes conflict with the Qincentennial.

Please post up a copy of your console report; from the last time you ran your install.

My personal install has scripts from nearly 19 years ago, even from the old BCN days. Though I know Quintessential isn't that old. Any files you maybe missing? Will no doubt show up in a older custom install.