Author Topic: Master permissions thread-Attention modders  (Read 11505 times)

Offline Raven Night

• Models/Textures
  • Cookies: 531
  • Welcome to the Dark Side
    • Personal ModDB site
Re: Master permissions thread-Attention modelers
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2008, 02:00:57 PM »
Username: Raven Night
General policy: all non-profit use and modification allowed with proper credit, send me a copy of your work, or link to thereof. No contact needed beforehand.

ravennight@hotmail.com

Nightsoft can fend for itself. Ill own all the models soon myself anyway.

Offline Fallen_Warrior

• Cookies: 4
  • I know It's about time i got here, wheres the Bar?
    • OutaLance Shipyards
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2008, 10:22:38 PM »
As over in Dyna so shall it be Here

Name: Fallen_Warrior

General Release Policy:

They follow OutaLance's Creative Commons None commercial use, Please ask permission per use, (don't ask once and think you have the ok for all works unless you ask for a carpet permission) before release of any ports/retextures/redesigns/kitbashes/rebuilds to any and all games, I encourage cross porting and reuse/inclusion of my work in anything i just like to know and so i can possibly link it.
If any other names are mentioned in the credits please do seek them out and ask them i will supply contact info if needed. Also the Readme must remain with the file at all times, No modification of it, or Quotes from it used in a new Readme.

Contacts:
Outalance@gmail.com - Email
zerabubus@msn.com - MSN Messenger
F4lenwarrior - AIM

I also hold rights for brezgonne's work as he retired and gave his stuff to me as with Limited Release rights to 90% of DarkDrones models

I always respond within 3 days MAX

Fallen enemies are fed to the scavengers.
Fallen friends are fed into the Great Furnace, their souls returned to the Great Mother.
While Fallen Warriors Ready themselves for the final battle that will regain their Honor

MScott

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2008, 10:57:27 PM »
USERNAME: MScott

GENERAL POLICY: Free use as long as credit is given. Original unmodified readme must be included.(only work released under MScott)

CONVERSION POLICY: Same as above. I would ask that you notify me of ports to other games so I can link to them on my sites.

As for SBP07 work. A request must be made to myself, or one of the following team leaders so we can decide as a collective.

Anazonda -Modeling team lead, Assistant project lead
Cordanilus -Video team lead, Global moderator
Saquist -Concept and developement team lead

They can all be contacted at SBP07 or Filefront Forums
Cordanilus and I can be contacted at the same as well as here, BCU, BC Scriptors, or Collective Alliance.

Offline Meteorafallen

• MeteorCreations Founder, UUM Art Director, Renderer, Texturer, Graphical Artist
  • Cookies: 48
  • Founder of MeteorCreations
    • MeteorCreations
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2008, 01:54:11 AM »
Updated as of 12-28-2010:

USERNAME: Meteorafallen

POLICY: All Mods and or Retextures created by myself MeteoraFallen, DarkFallen Shipyards, and now MeteorCreations are to be Use Only. No modifications are allowed to be made to the Textures, Hardpoints, or Scripts. Meshes are owned by other members of this forum, and I request that you obey by their wishes as well...

MODIFICATION OF WORK: Any personally used modifcations are acceptable, but are not allowed to be released to the public without being reviewed by Darkthorne and Myself. (This now excludes the Excalibur Class Ship Pack.)

Due to the restrictions that LC has put in place regarding any of his work being modified, I will have to ask for an immediate cease of all modification and/or porting of the Excalibur Class Ship Pack be placed on indefinite hold. Until his policy changes.

CONVERSION: No conversion is to be done without my authorization and appoval. All Star Trek: Legacy ports are to be handeled by the Ultimate Universe Modding Team Only!

If any ports to Legacy are done outside the Ultimate Universe Modding Team and without my knowledge and permission, I will request that the file be removed from STLegacyFiles

All conversions to the Starfleet Command series will be handled by 9th Fleet only.

All Armada 1 and 2 conversions are to be handled by MajorAPayne Only.

I can be contacted Via E-mail (Meteorafallen69@gmail.com / MeteorCreations@gmail.com) or Via Windows Live Messenger (Meteorafallen69@bellsouth.net) As well as BC-Central PM. And now on my website also MeteorCreations

Have a look at my website MeteorCreations

Offline baz1701

• Cookies: 1434
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2008, 03:11:05 AM »

USERNAME: baz1701

POLICY: All Models made by Barry Chapman (baz1701) remain his sole property and therefore gives no permission to anyone to use his work for financial gain. If anyone intends to use his work in any media (either games mods, fanfilms or art work) then permission must be obtained first. Though the author does give permission to any one wishing to use his work on Bridge Commander, but mod rules still apply.

MODIFICATION OF WORK: Free hand to re-texture, though any model mods please contact myself first for permission out of courtesy.
Any mods (including re-texture) should contain the credit "Original Model by Barry Chapman (barry_chapmanuk@yahoo.co.uk)

CONVERSION: No restriction on conversion though any re-release in other formats must contain credit above.

I can be contacted 
barry_chapmanuk@yahoo.co.uk or barrychapman@btinternet.com
Whatever knocks us back, can only make us stronger.

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2008, 11:20:12 AM »
USERNAME: USS Prime

POLICY: Any works by me (No matter how small) may not be converted for any other game. If anybody is ever interested in doing so, they should contact me, and I will do it (Based upon whether I like the idea or not). Retextures are fine, but if you plan on releasing them, I'd like to be notified of it when the project is started along with a basic idea of the retexture. No re-hardpointing, if you have a problem with a hardpoint I have done, contact me about it. No modification of my works are permitted unless you have received permission from me personally.

CONTACT: dr.online@inbox.com, make sure to add "Bridge Commander" into the subject or it will be filtered into the spam folder. Or via PM at www.legacyuniverse.net or here at BCC.

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline WileyCoyote

• The Other Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1219
  • Awesome-sauce factory owner
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2008, 08:51:53 PM »
USERNAME: WileyCoyote

POLICY:  Any models/retextures/mods created by WileyCoyote will not be sold or distributed for financial gain.  If anyone uses my work for kitbashes, other mods, re-releases, conversions or anything other than gaming, I (WileyCoyote) must be contacted before any changes take place.  Always ask permission, and give credit. If anyone does a crappy texture modification or mesh conversion/kitbash I will deny their use of my models/textures.

Please visit my Deviantart page at www.trekmodeler.deviantart.com.

My website is up! Download my ships here: http://www.michaelwileyart.com

Offline Centurus

• If you're reading this, you're missing out on something better.
  • Cookies: 68
  • BOW BEFORE THE POWER OF MY RUBBER CHICKENS!!!
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2008, 06:00:38 PM »
Since I plan to be making and releasing models that I can make in the foreseeable future, my policy is simple.

Request for any porting or use in any mod must be made to me, and permission must be given by me.

In the instance where credits are shared among other people, such as the case of kitbashes, their permission must also be given in addition to my own before anything can be done.  I am willing, however, to help procure the necessary permissions if asked.

Offline rengers

• Cookies: 306
  • ship modeler
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2008, 08:12:15 AM »
USERNAME: Rengers

GENERAL POLICY: Anyone who has made changes to my ships, or used parts of them, should ask permission before any release. In general i will not allow releases of simple texture changes or kitbashes witch include parts of my models.
For personal use you can do whatever you want with my mods, but when you have the intention to release your
work, please get in contact with me first

CONVERSION: No conversion to other games without permission

I can be contact via PM at BCC/Dynaverse or MSN Messenger: r.moesle@hotmail.de

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions - Founder
  • Cookies: 36
    • ChronowerX Productions
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2008, 02:13:19 PM »
USERNAME: ChronowerX_GT or lukerobin

General Policy:
Contact me first before you release but feel free to mod for private use. I'd also like a copy of it before you release to make sure you've not made a mess of my work. If i've modded someone else's ship/mod and you want to modify the parts i've modified then contact me and the author of the ship/mod.

Also none of my work can be released for profit or personal gain.

Conversion: No conversion to other games without permission. That also means borrowing parts of my mods for other games.

If you convert or release work without contacting me first I will ask that the work is taken down and not allowed to EVER be released. But chances are that i'll say yes if you contact me first. Also appropiate credit must be given. I will personally inspect the file you send me before release and make any appropiate changes to the readme.

ChronowerX Productions:

Same rules apply here. However, you are free to add mods to Kobayashi Maru Remastered. Also you may want to contact the Kobayashi Maru team for further permissions of them.

Contact Details:
chronowerx_gt@yahoo.com

or pm me here or at:
www.chronowerxproductions.com

Having a smoking section in a restaurant is kinda like having a peeing section in a pool...

Offline Chronocidal Guy

• Cookies: 296
  • Obsessive detailing is just what I do.
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2008, 04:59:19 AM »
USERNAME: Chronocidal Guy, CG (also Hawkeye once upon a yesteryear)
GENERAL POLICY: Free use as long as credit is given.  Inclusion of the original readme would be preferred, since it's probably a mod of the CG Sovereign, and can have some heavy system requirements (or did when it was released).

CONVERSION POLICY: Same as above.

I try to pop on the forum here occasionally, but I'm not around checking private messages very often.  If you want to try PMing me, go ahead, but I might take a long time answering.  I hate being the hermit type, but I just keep myself preoccupied with far too much (especially real life now :P) to keep track of all the variations people have made from the Sovereign.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2008, 05:38:01 AM »
USERNAME : Dr McCoy, Bones (or BCFs Dr_McCoy11)
GENERAL POLICY : Contact me via my gmail/msn account or just PM me if you really need to, my mods are mainly retextures so as long as credit is given they're free (no permissions needed) also if you wish I can check/ test your mod before release ;)

CONVERSION : I don't mind my mods being converteted to SFC, A1,2, just be sure you include original readme (if it is single model cuz I know there is no place for additional readmes in mod packs ;) ) and give proper credits.

I hope these 'rules' are very simple to follow, I know most of my mods are retextures and parts of them are someones else work so I always permit everybody to modify them.
Of course I can only permit modification of my textures be sure you ask for permission original authors aswell (especially when you want to mess with model)

Offline Barihawk

• Ninth Fleet STO Commanding Officer
  • Cookies: 225
  • BC: The Aftermath Member
    • My Released Work
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2008, 09:44:03 AM »
USERNAME : Barihawk (It should be that way everywhere)
GENERAL POLICY : Retextures of bridges are fine to use as long as credit is given. The bridge models themselves are not my property so please contact Third Era before releasing any modifications. LCARS Panels unless stated to be someone else's are my intellectual property. I would love for others to use them in other releases, but ask that you contact me here before beginning ANY work involving them (ie no advertising my work before asking, even if credit is given). I also want you to contact me in case I have borrowed those panels from someone else like Doc McCoy.

CONVERSION : Once Excalibur is released and a conversion process is available for bridges, my work may be converted to that game. I may still be around and doing it myself but just in case ask. Putting my textures on a bridge and changing one thing and saying it is your retexture of mine will violate this policy.

Note: The bridge models found in my releases are not my property and may be modified with the express consent of Frontier Productions or the 3rd Era Team. All textures are likely to be originals by me. I don't mind you using them, but I would ask for your time to ask me first so we can make sure everything is going fine. All LCARS panels from the Late TMP (except for doc's) and MidTNG bridges forward are my own work and will not be shared unless they appear as-is in a work with my permission. No "re-colors" of my LCARS panels will be permitted as it compromises the visual quality and cheapens the work. I will be happy to help you get started on LCARS production if you ask, however.

Offline Banbury

• Cookies: 17
    • Banbury's Home
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2008, 05:02:53 PM »
USERNAME : Banbury
GENERAL POLICY : All my mods (models and scripts) are released under GNU General Public License (GPL), unless noted otherwise in the ReadMe. Essentially this means you can use these mods however you like, as long as you don't claim copyright for them and you release your derivative work under GPL, too.
If you do something nice with one of my mods, you may send me a note.
B.A.N.B.U.R.Y.: Biomechanical Artificial Neohuman Built for Ultimate Repair and Yelling

Offline Phaser

• Star Trek Canon Authority
  • Cookies: 231
Re: Master permissions thread-Attention modders
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2009, 09:01:17 PM »
USERNAME: Phaser

GENERAL POLICY: Permission MUST be obtained from me before releasing any modification to or redistribution of my mods (models, textures, scripts, sound effects, and anything else that I've created).

CONVERSION POLICY: Same as general policy.

CONTACT: I can be contacted over MSN Messenger at Phaser4@hotmail.com or by e-mail at Aaron_Gendler@msn.com.

Offline CaptainRussell

• Cookies: 25
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2009, 10:45:48 AM »
Username: CaptainRussell

Policy: This is stated in all of the EXEs of all of my modifications - if you use any portion of any of my modifications, please give credit to me - porting, re-texturing, and editing and re-releasing of my modifications is fine as long as I (and anyone else involved if it was a kitbash or if other textures are included) receive credit.  Asking for permission is not required based on the above statement.

-CR

Offline Furyofaseraph

• The FoaS
  • Cookies: 49
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2009, 11:37:07 AM »
Username: Furyofaseraph / "FoaS"

Policy: If you want to do something for your own personal consumption? have fun. If you decide to distribute it, please ask me first. This includes models, retextures and conversions. I DO NOT issue blanket permissions. I decide things on a ship-by-ship basis. Permission to mod the Abbe does not give you permission to mod anything other than the Abbe, for example.
Also, there are usually multiple artists who work on my releases (most of my works are retexturs). You must seek out the permissions of all those involved. If the model in question is a retexture of WickedZombie45's model, you must ask me, as well as fulfill any permission obligations that WickedZombie's policy outlines.
Do not distribute my models on public sites (like BCFiles) without my permission. If you mod anything of mine - send me a copy.
The original readme must be included.

A full view of my permission policy can be found here: http://www.robinomicon.com/c/articles.php?article_id=1

"FoaSize (faux-uh-size): To seduce at an alarming rate with lots of blue and orange." ~ Firedrake

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2009, 04:52:27 PM »
Username: CyAn1d3

Permissions Policy
: any modifications for personal use is allowed. if you wish to distribute, please PM or email me with specifics of what you plan on doing and permission MAY be given.
refits and retextures (unless otherwise stated in readme) of my ships are allowed upon request as long as i am put down as original designer.

Porting: because as of now i do not know how to do porting or hardpointing, please PM me if you plan to HP or Port any of my work.
id just like to know whos doing it. all my work is STRICTLY for Bridge Commander.
any other questions should be handled through email or private message.

Email: Cyanide1700@hotmail.com
AIM: Cyanide1700
or you can add me on myspace and communicate through there.
Myspace.com/Cyanide1700
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Smiley2

« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2009, 08:30:56 AM »
Smiley / Daniel Clarke

Ask (and get!) permission first (applies to model geometry and textures).
Most of the readme's that I included with my models said to use the following email address: daniel5042 AT yahoo.co.uk - but it's an address that one that I use regularly anymore, so use my googlemail.com one from my profile details instead please.

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2009, 10:54:46 AM »
Blackrook would like me to add that 3rd era work can be included in mods if proper crediting is done.
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129