Author Topic: TREK XI - Images, Footage, Trailers, Enterprise, Discussion, etc. Thread (WARNING: SPOILERS)  (Read 99468 times)

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
ok now it's getting off topic :P
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Erk

• never forget the name... Enterprise
  • Cookies: 5
  • Enterprise: boldness or readiness in undertaking
@ King: That actually makes a lot of sense. I often forget its impossible to please everyone lol

ok now it's getting off topic :P

Sorry about that. I am looking forward to the sequel. I look at it as a whole new universe, and I'm excited because anything could happen. I feel its less restricted now because its in the past, before all the techno stuff was established later in Trek. I don't want recycled events to be honest.  I feel they can touch base further on the Kirk-Spock-McCoy relationship too. Really get to know these new incarnations.  I do hope that they touch up the Enterprise a bit. Actually make a new engine room and all.

I'm not sure if its off topic, but it does relate to JJ's universe. There's a new game based on events after XI and before XII. Im looking forward to it.  :D

Offline sovereign001

• Cookies: 77
I went to the cinema and i was afraid, i thought it was going to be something way overdone but the first 10 seconds were enough for me. I was going to love it. The special sound when you see the camera moving from the kelvin and the effects and then the battle with the the torpedoes shooting and the impacts. (oke i hated the missiles of the narada a bit but if it were pulses or torpedoes, the kelvin was instantly destroyed).

At the end of the movie it was like "holy shit, this was  a star trek movie!" i looked around and everyone was really saying: "mmmh good movie! /  Cool effects bro! / Never knew star trek was like this! "

I only heard positive comments.

When i went back i told my dad about it and he was sceptic (he started watching the tng, ds9 etc etc). So i went for a second time with my parents now and my friend and at the end he just said: "god damnit, this is gonna take a long time when it is out on bluray!!"

He loved it too, and i don't care about the nacelles of the ships or so, it is different, and it is good that it is different!

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
I think the best compliment I heard towards the movie was when I saw it the second time, an old timer sitting near me commented that he's been a Star Trek fan since the very first episode and that he thoroughly enjoyed it.

In other news, Star Trek XII/2/"insert subtitle" is now in the scripting phase!

In other other news, Quantum Mechanix has released a replica of the new movie phaser, and soon will release the pricing and date for the Artisan replica of the ST2009 Enterprise.

To Boldly Go...Again.