Author Topic: Some skills of mine you might be interested in.  (Read 2281 times)

Offline hobbs

• Cookies: 77
Some skills of mine you might be interested in.
« on: July 29, 2008, 04:02:48 PM »
Hi I'm hobbs, I have under advisement decided to show you all my skills in BC community. I'm not great but i like what i do.

I draw and create fictional ship histories for the non cannon ships i make

"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
Re: Some skills of mine you might be interested in.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 05:40:37 PM »
ahh, an expert on technobabble. You should go work for the startrek new frontier (odessey, ect) their technobabble sucks.
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

executioner_de

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 06:25:30 PM »
Hi I'm hobbs, I have under advisement decided to show you all my skills in BC community. I'm not great but i like what i do.

I draw and create fictional ship histories for the non cannon ships i make

Hey :) Welcome to the board Hobbs, interesting Concepts.

Offline hobbs

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 03:36:33 PM »
heres some other designs
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline KrrKs

• Cookies: 25
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 05:11:26 PM »
That hornet really looks like a fighter 8)! Ever thougt about getting it on BCFiles?

Offline hobbs

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 05:32:05 PM »
Yeah id love to have it as a ship, none available to model it though. i have a write up for her here you go

Uss Hornet
Hornet Class
Heavy Combat Scout
Starfleet developed this ship during the dominion war, it never saw service because the end of the war came while the ship was still under construction. It is just slightly larger than the sabre and boast far more weapon systems.
The ship is one of only a few that have broad side weapons (ie: port/starboard firing weapons) torpedoes in this case, it also carries six heavy phaser cannons within the "neck" of the saucer and five phaser strips upon the hull. Due to its small size however the heavy phasers recharge very slowly but in a one-on-one attack they only need one shot.
This ship is classed as a heavy combat scout able to scout enemy lines with ease, due in part to her armaments but also her maneuverability and speed, at a maximum warp of 9.99 she can out pace many other ships and her cruise speed of warp 8 keeps her in the race with most others.

Offline KrrKs

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2008, 10:15:14 AM »
Bigger than a Sabre? Heavy combat scout? Whow I thought It had twice the size of the Deltaflyer! However
none available to model it though
means you are not able? doesn't look so! The pic of the Hornet looks like from 3dsmax or something, so It should not be to much work to get it into BC (ok The hardpoints are tricky, but here are some really talented people, not that i'm pointing someone: (cough, starforce, cough) doh! Two brackets).
At least it looks like a programm like 3ds,(my last attempt to model in milkshape failed grandiose, quite some time ago, so i'm not sure)

Offline blaXXer

• Your Leader
  • Cookies: 96
  • The proud result of slave labor
    • blaXXer.design
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2008, 10:22:11 AM »
well, from here it looks like it is ridlled with mesh errors and has got no textures to speak of, so...

YOU suck, get a life, moran.

COME TO MY PLACE clicketh me!

Offline newman

• Cookies: 33
  • Hello, Jerry.
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2008, 06:23:47 AM »
so It should not be to much work to get it into BC

(my last attempt to model in milkshape failed grandiose, quite some time ago, so i'm not sure)

These two statements kinda nullify themselves.
In order to get it into bc, it would have to be remodeled, uvw-ed, textured, properly ported, then hardpointed.
Plenty of work, actually.

Offline KrrKs

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2008, 07:48:22 AM »
Quote from: KrrKs on August 02, 2008, 03:15:14 PM
so It should not be to much work to get it into BC

Quote from: KrrKs on August 02, 2008, 03:15:14 PM
(my last attempt to model in milkshape failed grandiose, quite some time ago, so i'm not sure)

These two statements kinda nullify themselves.

I meant just getting it into BC, with no real hardpoints and textures. With that (hp, textures), as I said, here are enough people having the skills to help him.
And my two statements really sound nullifieng :), thats because at that time i did the model were not here to get help with the textures and model.

Offline hobbs

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2008, 03:04:32 PM »
in regards to the hornet model it is in a program called GMAX its ok but not able to export .nif very well.

the mesh probly does have errors and no textures but its just a way of doing 3d models to show a design not to get it into the game. im not good enough at modeling yet.

Pegasus

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2008, 08:35:46 AM »
well, from here it looks like it is ridlled with mesh errors and has got no textures to speak of, so...

also, they're kinda..... bulky.

Offline hobbs

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2008, 06:36:28 PM »

also, they're kinda..... bulky.

yeah well like i said i'm not very good

Offline Adonis

• Ze Meister xP
  • Cookies: 84
  • Da Death Squad ???
    • Star Trek Excalibur
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2008, 12:46:36 AM »
Hm...well, your ships either look to flimsy on side view or too disproportional overall (I can live with that one). My best suggestion first would be to imagine the deck arrangement when you draw your ships, and not make strutting less than a deck height (3.5 meters) thick. Also, with fighter type ships, I wouldn't go over 100 meters lenght, and they can go flimsy, for minimizing the target size. Also, you could try to make the Hornet's deflector flow into the saucer underside instead of abruptly going into the sec hulls shape.
Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves.

Offline hobbs

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2009, 06:31:09 PM »
thanks for the input, i am slightly better now and can texture and export into bc also able to do hps too :)

my designs are now done in traditional methods and i do try and work out the decks etc...

Offline deadthunder2_0

• Cookies: 39
  • Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel
    • Modders of Steel Home page
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2009, 08:11:31 PM »
There is a way to export in nif, Gmax uses the exact same scripts as 3ds max, so get a nif exporter for that
Support the Post TNG Ship Pack

Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel,
We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline hobbs

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2009, 05:51:27 AM »
yes like i said i can now export into bc. i have the nif exporter lol had it for ages just could not figure out how to texture which meant my ships were un-hittable with weapons, now though i can do it all except my skills (as of this time) are not perfect.but im getting there :)