Author Topic: USS Titan: Canonicity  (Read 5936 times)

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
Re: USS Titan as the Luna class: Canon or not?
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2008, 10:25:36 AM »
Well, books. Take the "New Frontier" series for example. In some cases, the book series has become so popular that other things have crossed into that series. I'm not quite sure what other things are but other things nonetheless.

I've always considered the Mithra to be the Luna's big sister. As for the Ancheron, I've never heard of it. Has anyone else heard of it? Is it something Aeries is working on and I haven't realised? Damn, need to be in the flow more...
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline NeoKaede

• Cookies: 4
  • We're watching you... scum.
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2008, 10:28:40 AM »
The Luna is official (it's featured in the covers of the novels, there's a model of it), but not canon unless Paramount states otherwise.
corrected and qft

I don't see anything needing to be corrected in my post 8)

Offline Dalek

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2008, 11:22:14 AM »
Neither do I Neo.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2008, 03:06:43 PM »
I think he meant <And it's ugly> corrected and QFT ;)

Offline NeoKaede

• We're watching you... scum.
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2008, 04:26:15 PM »
I think he meant <And it's ugly> corrected and QFT ;)

I know. The  8) was there to imply sarcasm :)

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2008, 12:12:25 PM »
 :lol: oh I see now  :P

Offline Dalek

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2008, 12:23:23 PM »
Shall I poll on what should be the canon Titan? Please tell me of any other designs I may not have heard of!

- Lorien

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2008, 12:27:52 PM »
Does it really matter, the answer is that there isn't one, period.

Offline Dalek

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2008, 12:32:36 PM »
True. But, there is a ship ot there called Titan and it might as well have a face.

- Lorien

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2008, 12:34:57 PM »
Right, the same "face" all fan made ships get. Fan made ships not canon. As beautiful of a design DJ's Enterprise F is, it isn't canon nor will it be until featured onscreen. That goes for everything.

Offline Dalek

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2008, 12:38:16 PM »
You spoil my fun! :D

If I did a poll, it would be about what the fans would like the Titan to look like even though they know for a fact that it'll never happen on TV.

- Lorien

Offline martyr

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2008, 05:07:35 PM »
not that luna, please gott

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2008, 05:22:40 PM »
I'd vote for mnemosyne, second place for LC's galaxy evo last place for luna  8)

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2008, 05:23:49 PM »
Yeah, the Luna is just not a very attractive design.

Offline Dalek

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2008, 11:07:57 AM »
Yeah, the Luna is just not a very attractive design.

The only problem I have with the Mnemosyne is that it's not very fitting with 2380 onwards (which I have mentioned before) and, the deflector dish looks like someone squeezed someone cheeks to make your mouth look like a fish.

- Lorien

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2008, 12:16:51 PM »
and, the deflector dish looks like someone squeezed someone cheeks to make your mouth look like a fish.
lol interesting description, tho i see the point youre making :P
ya, that deflector does seem a little out of place for the rest of the ship, IMO...

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2008, 05:35:19 AM »
Yeah they could have made it more like sovereign or even intrepid style deflector cuz the one in mnemosyne looks exactly like unnaturally narrowed lips or simply fish mouth but still it's the best looking Titan out there

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2008, 08:08:13 AM »
honestly, that is the only thing about that ship which makes me reluctant to ever really use it...  i love the rest of the ship, but that deflector is tough to get over... 

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2008, 08:12:56 AM »
So I think someone should remodel the deflector and refresh a little bit texturing :D

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2008, 10:10:27 AM »
that would be sweet :)
(if they could get permission to do so anyway...)