Author Topic: ST: New Frontier - The Thallonians and their ships  (Read 983 times)

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
ST: New Frontier - The Thallonians and their ships
« on: October 29, 2008, 02:18:41 PM »
Any of you who have read the ST: New Frontier novels will definetly know that they are red skinned and very powerful. Even though there empire got blown to bits by a gigantic flaming bird.

Now, my question is, what do the Thallonian ships look like? I would prefer to focus on the colour combinations/scheme as I'm working on a little project that I will go into more detail later on. I'm thinking that the colours on all their ships would remain relatively the same colour including the combination but I'm not sure whether I like the idea or not.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: ST: New Frontier - The Thallonians and their ships
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 02:36:04 PM »
I guess these aren't the crystaline lifeforms made out of red crystal and live confortable in 500+Kelvin, known as Tholians?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Dalek

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 02:47:59 PM »
No, M.

Tholians, Thallonians, confused me when I first heard about them.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 02:54:20 PM »
Never read saw(?) those books(?). Therefor, to me, a Tholian is more likely. :P
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Dalek

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 02:58:15 PM »
OK. You are effectively out of the equation then. :D

- Lorien