Author Topic: Smitherine Productions Works in Progress!  (Read 78850 times)

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1410
  • I make ships.
Re: Smitherine Productions Works in Progress!
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2007, 11:47:43 PM »
if you push "r" on your keyboard, that should bring up the select and uniform scale function that allows you to stretch things.  the button for it looks like a little box inside a big box.

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2007, 12:57:10 AM »
Got it...I think.

I'm going to keep working on this :)

Rog
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2007, 03:23:32 PM »
Ok, so far all I have is one eliptical Saucer...I'm not entirely sure how I should add the extra detail.  But here's what I have so far so don't laugh at me LOL :P.

Roger W.

P.S. yes I know this is pretty much shaped like the Sovereign Saucer, but you won't recognize it once finished I guarantee it (at least when I get the hang of Max)
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
  • Cookies: 28
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2007, 03:26:03 PM »
Lol, looking good. I'm trying to get used to Gmax atm.

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2007, 04:13:06 PM »
TY Vortex.  Right now the Saucer alone is sitting at 512 poly's LOL.  But what do you guys think?  Should I make it more round?  Or should I leave it where it is?  Because it is looking slightly boxy :)

Roger W.

EDIT:  Since posting this tidbit, I have upped it to 768 poly's.  It's less boxy, and right about where I want it to be :).

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • I make ships.
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2007, 04:26:53 PM »
Good start.  This is pretty much where it all begins.  "Okay, now how do i make a saucer."  :D

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2007, 06:17:06 PM »
Well I did have help with both you and Sci-Fi Art.  However...detailing this baby is going to be a challenge for me :) But hey I'm up for it ;)

Roger

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2007, 09:02:22 PM »
Microscopic update LOL

Well, I've decided I'm going with the voyager "Dip" in the lower saucer, since I'm planning on making a belly for the underside, Although this is still gonna take a LOT of time, I'm looking somewhere between now and 2010 before this baby is officially finished (unless someone makes the time to help me learn Max 3.1, then it could be cut short.)

Here's the lower saucer!

Rog W.

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • I make ships.
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2007, 09:05:27 PM »
heh, seems you found that extrude button I told you about over msn. :D

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2007, 09:21:41 PM »
Actually no I didn't :"> I just edited the spline LOL  I'm still looking for it :|

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2007, 12:17:54 PM »
LOL, you still got the effect though. And it looks good.

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2007, 06:57:09 PM »
Slight update...I'm learning the Camera feature now :D So far so good, it's a little by little process LOL.  I have changed the Saucer a bit.  And I still can't find the damned extrude button *angry smiles*

a little eycandy :D

Rog W.

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • I make ships.
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2007, 10:21:56 AM »
Good stuff.  I've got a lot of school work to do today, but if I have time for a break then I'll open up max and take a screeny of some of the controls.

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2007, 03:35:41 PM »
This is on current hold while I deal with Real life issues :(.  I'm in a world of emotional pain right now, and really don't feel like working on this at all for a few weeks...even though i haven't gotten any grasp of anything LOL.  I still welcome help in learning Max so that I can complete this...If you'd like to post some helpful tips as DJ Curtis has, please be my guest :).

Thank you guys for your understanding and eventual support

Roger W.

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2007, 12:07:16 PM »
Eh, I've actually found some time in my life to open the file and just look at it.  Gawsh I need more tutorials LOL.  But I am getting back into learning this but please bare with me as it will take me some time to learn :).  Again, any help would be much appreciated :D

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2007, 01:36:21 PM »
Nice to hear.
Unfortunatley, I have no help to offer.

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2007, 06:20:05 PM »
Ok, I'm going to work more on this tonight after class, hopefully I can learn a thing or two again.  I am still open to someone who has time to teach, or any sort of tutorials other than Sci-Fi art, as I'm working on the constitution Class tut there :).  Thnx!

Rog W.

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2007, 04:37:00 PM »
*kicks the Warning* meh, this is my own thread :P

Anywhosits, I was just reading up on this, and dadgummit if I forgot it, and wanna restart on it, and I might just do the retexture from scratch, i've been wanting to teach myself photoshop and go from there.  I want to do this with a 2 year deadline, give myself time with School and work etc.  We REALLY need a FC style Sovereign LOL This retexture would make an excellent one :D.  On top of learning how to model with MAX, and finish the Continental Class.

Thank yew and goodnoight!

Rog W.

Offline Chronocidal Guy

• Cookies: 296
  • Obsessive detailing is just what I do.
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2007, 04:52:13 PM »
Lol... Actually, I can make things real easy for you.. you want the original Max file?

Offline blaXXer

• Your Leader
  • Cookies: 96
  • The proud result of slave labor
    • blaXXer.design
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2007, 02:54:22 PM »
Lol... Actually, I can make things real easy for you.. you want the original Max file?

I'll take it! :)

catch me on msn will ya? ,-)

YOU suck, get a life, moran.

COME TO MY PLACE clicketh me!