Author Topic: What ever happen to the Enterprise-B  (Read 9030 times)

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
Re: What ever happen to the Enterprise-B
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2009, 09:23:44 AM »
oooook debating over how this character would have "felt" is really pointless lol   seriously...   no one can possibly accurately maintain that discussion, it is really senseless to speculate that and try to debate what anyone thinks a character may have "felt" lol

discussing what happened to the Ent-B itself is the topic, so please limit it to that guys; not to how characters may have "felt"...

Offline Nexxus21

• Commanding USS Solaris Mk-I Refit
  • Cookies: 4
  • Our Continuing Mission Of Exploration
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2009, 10:28:16 PM »
This is supposition but it is obvious to me that the enterprise-B went into the witness protection program....and emerged as the USS Lakota.... thats just my humble unsubstantiated opinion... :lol:
If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us...-Adlai E. Stevenson Jr.

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2009, 05:58:45 PM »
oooook debating over how this character would have "felt" is really pointless lol   seriously...   no one can possibly accurately maintain that discussion, it is really senseless to speculate that and try to debate what anyone thinks a character may have "felt" lol

discussing what happened to the Ent-B itself is the topic, so please limit it to that guys; not to how characters may have "felt"...

Tsk tsk... Jimmy, bro, you just haven't felt the bubbles melt, have you? :P Teehee, kidding.

No, seriously, I actually had an interesting idea for this, this morning. Sure, Captain whats-his-face is a real noob and all, but maybe that'd be the cue [sp] for character development? How I envision it, is he gains his experience boldly exploring the universe and being put into difficult circumstances first hand... after a few years, say five or six, he's forced into the ultimate decision whereas he has absolutely no option but to sacrafice himself and his ship to save the Federation [I imagine it whereas he has to ram into an enemy target, say a massive space station weapon thing or whatever... whilst the ship is on self-destruct, and blow the living frak out of it!] That's just my theory. Just looking at the general appearance of the Enterprise B makes me immediately imagine it beaten to all hell and scarred like the NX Enterprise from Azati Prime... and the captain takes what's left of his ship and uses it as a last hope to save man kind... or something cool like that. ^_^ I'm just so sick of Star Trek's happy endings... I want a tragic one!!

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2009, 07:53:26 PM »
what is out there that goes on to explain about the Ent-B and crew anyway?  im sure there's some sort of novel series or something?

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2009, 03:02:49 AM »
what is out there that goes on to explain about the Ent-B and crew anyway?  im sure there's some sort of novel series or something?

Not that I've personally seen... I know I saw some that had to do with Sulu and the Excelsior...

Offline Judge King

• USAF Phoenix CO
  • Cookies: 18
  • Hail to the king of battle!
    • XSGCOM Wiki
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2009, 05:25:07 AM »
History of the USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-B) from Memory Beta.
Enterprise-B history

Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Offline henrie85

• Adviser & Helper
  • Cookies: 3
  • Go Climb a Rock
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2009, 08:49:16 AM »
History of the USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-B) from Memory Beta.
Enterprise-B history

nice peace of  star trek history:D makes me wonder how many years the enterprise c was in service

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2009, 09:53:52 AM »
according to that, it only took 18 years for Demora Sulu to go from Ensign to Captain?  and then Admiral 4 years later?
that must be a record lol

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2009, 10:03:50 AM »
nice peace of  star trek history:D makes me wonder how many years the enterprise c was in service

http://startrek.wikia.com/wiki/USS_Enterprise_(NCC-1701-C)
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline henrie85

• Adviser & Helper
  • Cookies: 3
  • Go Climb a Rock
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2009, 12:18:20 PM »

http://startrek.wikia.com/wiki/USS_Enterprise_(NCC-1701-C)

thanks got my self a great site :D

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2009, 12:39:46 PM »
Man, now talking about a TMP series... That story right there would make for a brilliant one. Ample combat AND trek at it's core. ...I should read the books...

...I should read.

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2009, 03:31:20 PM »
according to that, it only took 18 years for Demora Sulu to go from Ensign to Captain?  and then Admiral 4 years later?
that must be a record lol

Actually the admiral mentioned in that entry is someone else, Sulu took leave, the captain after that was promoted. Then she came back.

Offline Rob Archer

• Cookies: 545
  • New Frontier MKVI
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2009, 07:11:42 PM »
sure would have made for a great new movie, INO, instead of the crap they are trying to sell now... 

EX-FRAKING-XACTLY!

I would have LOVED to see the universe from the era of the Enterprise B! Maybe not with harriman as the captain, though... Kill him off and bring in somebody else. :P teehee

I've been trying to put together a Paramount Pitch for a New Series, which does just that, Jist' of the Pilot Pitch....

"Following the Death of James T Kirk, Captain Harriman has resigned his commission and left starfleet, after 6 months in drydock the Enterprise B is placed under command of Alexander Erasmus, Its first Mission to Transport a Federation Scientist to a classified Research Station in the Lantaru Sector but not all is what it seems and the New Captain and Crew find them selves in a situation dealing with scenario which could spell the end of Space Faring Civilization, thought the Galaxy"

Offline Barihawk

• Ninth Fleet STO Commanding Officer
  • Cookies: 225
  • BC: The Aftermath Member
    • My Released Work
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2009, 04:25:58 PM »

Tsk tsk... Jimmy, bro, you just haven't felt the bubbles melt, have you? :P Teehee, kidding.

No, seriously, I actually had an interesting idea for this, this morning. Sure, Captain whats-his-face is a real noob and all, but maybe that'd be the cue [sp] for character development? How I envision it, is he gains his experience boldly exploring the universe and being put into difficult circumstances first hand... after a few years, say five or six, he's forced into the ultimate decision whereas he has absolutely no option but to sacrafice himself and his ship to save the Federation [I imagine it whereas he has to ram into an enemy target, say a massive space station weapon thing or whatever... whilst the ship is on self-destruct, and blow the living frak out of it!] That's just my theory. Just looking at the general appearance of the Enterprise B makes me immediately imagine it beaten to all hell and scarred like the NX Enterprise from Azati Prime... and the captain takes what's left of his ship and uses it as a last hope to save man kind... or something cool like that. ^_^ I'm just so sick of Star Trek's happy endings... I want a tragic one!!

Some of us actually had a good idea for a tragic Trek story that involved an Excelsior class ship before, during, and after the Cardassian War. The main character of the series was the first officer. The show would have the nitty gritty of the Cardassian war as a dark conflict between the Federation and the Obsidian Order. We would have younger versions of Picard on the Stargazer, Sisko doing whatever he wants to, and a ground siege type (similar to siege of AR511 or whatever from DS9) episode where the first officer is in charge of a small band of Federation officers pinned down under fire. Of course ordering a very young Lieutenant Kathryn Janeway to jump into the line of fire to rescue a wounded Cardassian. The war would also introduce ships like the Akira and Galaxy class (the latter of which would come under assault with a large fleet coming to it's aid and paying sacrifice for it's escape). We also thought a great idea would be to have a small strike force work on getting top Bajoran scientists out of a prison camp in a Great Escape styled episode.

Our idea was that when the Galaxy battle happened, the ship would get beaten to hell and the Captain dies a very Rachel Garrett-esque gruesome death, and the XO is forced to take over. The final two seasons would be her command as the war calms down and we move into the familiar TNG.

My idea of the final episode was "The Final Flight of the Crazy Horse" (that's what we called the ship) and was basically Wolf 359 from the perspective of our crew, the majority of which would die in the episode while a few others managed to get into the lifeboats and jettison.

Beginning, transition, closure. Trek got one of the three right without copping out (Jadzia to Ezri was a huge copout).

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2009, 04:57:10 PM »
^
|
|

Now that, is way cool. But by 2357-9, they had barely finished the first Galaxy. And by that time there were only a few skirmishes between the Federation and the Cardassians.

But its all cool anyway! :D :D I would give an arm to see that.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Barihawk

• My Released Work
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2009, 05:06:21 PM »
It was the USS Galaxy prototype, by the way :P.

It had to be way more than skirmishes. The novels and various "focus on character" episodes in TNG, DS9, and VOY made it seem like a very stressful and dangerous time period, with heated conflicts. I like to think of a Cardassian War as the reason why Starfleet is spread so thinly during early TNG.

EDIT: The entire show would be in TMP style with the uniforms and LCARS, abeit some LCARS upgrades in the final season. The Wolf 359 episode would be a jump forward in time and have the first showing on the show of them wearing TNG uniforms.

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2009, 06:52:46 PM »
My idea of the final episode was "The Final Flight of the Crazy Horse" (that's what we called the ship) and was basically Wolf 359 from the perspective of our crew, the majority of which would die in the episode while a few others managed to get into the lifeboats and jettison.

Beginning, transition, closure. Trek got one of the three right without copping out (Jadzia to Ezri was a huge copout).

Wasn't there a Excelsior class called the Crazy Horse in TNG?

Sweet story idea though I think it would make a good novel or series.

Offline Barihawk

• My Released Work
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2009, 10:10:35 PM »

Wasn't there a Excelsior class called the Crazy Horse in TNG?

Sweet story idea though I think it would make a good novel or series.

Probably :P. If it was before Wolf 359 then it's perfect!

I'd probably write a novel if I had the time, but meh.

Edit: Damn, it was in Descent and Pegasus :(. Oh well, new name. Crazy Horse just sounded badass in the finale title.

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2009, 04:17:16 PM »
I meant by 2357-9 that the were only skirmishes, like the Galaxy. But before that, yes it was most likely super stressy. And by about 2354-55, the uniform would have had to have by then to the one seen in "Farpoint" (TNG 01x1) and its true/(dreaded word) canon because Beverly Crusher has a flashback to her hubby's death and Picard is there in that uniform (and also in the Stargazer episode, Picard see his old crew in that uniform).
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions - Founder
  • Cookies: 36
    • ChronowerX Productions
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2009, 06:09:24 PM »
Back on to the Ent B. Here's what I like to think.

The ship suffered heavy damage after she broke free of the nexus. She would be in Dry Dock for weeks. But as a sign of respect to Kirk they delayed repairing where he was killed until after the memorial service etc.

Because of all the enhancements made to her and being the only type in service, she was very expensive to repair. These were busy times for the Federation. Their new alliance with the Klingons had stretched their resources fairly thin because of all the aid they were suppling after Praxis exploded. The federation fleet was also rapidly expanding.

So, although superior to a standard excelsior, the Ent B was mothballed until starfleet had spare time and money to repair her. But the the development of the new Ambassador class meant that she was delayed to be repaired. Unfortunatly, after many years, it seemed like she was going to be repaired and brought back into service, the cardassian wars broke out. This also stopped the building of the costly Ambassador and instead more, cheaper Excelsiors were brought into service.

After the war was over, the Galaxy project began. Again taking up many of Starfleets spare development time.

When the dominion war broke out, starfleet knew that they needed to come up with new technoligies. The enterprise seemed like the logical choice to experiment on since she had the potential to be far superior to a standard Excelsior class ship. So they brought the Enterprise out of mothballs and fitted her with many new experimental equiptments such as quantum torpedos, ablative armour
and regenerative shields. She was then recomissioned as the USS Lakota.

If the enterprise was decomissioned then i think starfleet would have planned to recomission her. After all that design has shown to be more powerful than a standard excelsior.

Having a smoking section in a restaurant is kinda like having a peeing section in a pool...