Author Topic: Favorites/Best Of's (Series Eps, Cpt, Characters, Ships, Villians, Film, Etc.)  (Read 2167 times)

Offline TheConstable6

• ^LOL
  • Cookies: 10
Episodes:
TOS - Hmmmm.....Balance of Terror, The City on the Edge of Forever (of course,) Mirror, Mirror, and Arena are my favorites.
TAS - Didn't see it.
TNG - The Measure of a Man or The Inner Light are my first two, then Tapestry, I, Borg, & The Offspring round it out.
DS9 - I'm a DS9 guy so this is my turf...In the Pale Moonlight, For The Uniform, Wrongs Darker Than Death or Night, Way of the Warrior, The Visitor (super-generic lol) & Far Beyond the Stars fir me.
Voy - Not a Voyager guy but it had its moments. Tuvix, Latent Image, Year of Hall I/II, Workforce I/II, & One Small Ship are my picks. Tuvix is up there with the best Trek can do.
Ent - In a Mirror Darkly just because of T'Pol  :P and the Vulcan arc, and Simultude was a great one.

I'd rank the main series like this -
1) DS9
2) TOS
3) TNG
4=) Enterprise
4=) Voyager

I'd rank the captains like this -
1) Sisko
2) Kirk
3) Picard
4) Archer
-987) Janeway

I'd rank the XOs like this:
1) Spock
2) Nerys
3) Riker
4) T'Pol
5) Chakotay

Top 5 secondary characters -
1) Jadzia
2) Data
3) Worf
4) Malcolm Reed
5) Odo

Top 5 recurring characters -
1) GARAK BITCHESS
2) Martok
3) Guinan
4) Admiral Ross
5) Ro Laren

Top 5 villains:
1) Dukat
2) Eddington
3) Borg circa BOBW
4) Weyoun
5) Admiral Leyton

Ship - Bird of Prey, 24th century edition.

Top 5 films -
1) Nemesis
2) Undiscovered Country
3) JJtrek
4) First Contact
5) Wrath of Kahn

(To add some more...)

Race - Klingons, 24th century edition.

Scenes - 2: DS9, In The Pale Moonlight -  When Sisko runs into Garak's shop at the end of In the Pale Moonlight and beats the sh*t out of him, then Garak uncannily dresses him down. Marvelous acting by Avery Brooks & Andrew Robinson.
TNG, The Offspring - when that Admiral guy who tried to take Lal away from Data was telling the senior officers what was going to happen to her and broke down.

Quotes - "Hey, batta, batta!"
"Hey, batta, batta, batta!"
"HEY, BATTA, BATTA!"
"Death to the opposition."
- Worf

"Paranoid is what they call people who imagine threats against their life. I have threats against my life."
- Garak

"I have always been, and shall always be, your friend."
- Spock

"You will lower your shields and prepare to be bo-"
"Go to hell!"
- Jonathan Archer

"Let's make sure history never forgets the name...Enterprise."
- Jean-Luc Picard

"If I were human, I believe my response would be 'Go to hell.' If I were human."
- Spock

"N-C-C 1-7-0-1. No bloody A, B, C, OR D."
- Montgomery Scott
Had some time on my hands and completely rewrote my whole thing   :roll lol I know
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
 We are not now that strength which in old days
 Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
 One equal temper of heroic hearts,
 Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
 To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Offline Saquist

• Cookies: 24

BEST OF THE BEST IS UNDERLINED

Best Episodes:
TOS - Balance of Terror
TNG - Darmok
DS9 - The Way of the Warrior 1 & 2
Voy - Thaw (For the Clown)
Ent - Divergence

I'd rank the main series like this -

1) TNG
2) TOS
3) DS9
4=) VOY
5=) ENT

Rank the Captains is difficult.  There is only one clear Worst (Archer) The Others is more subjective

1) Picard (seems to be the best, though not my Favorite Janeway)
2) Kirk  (A cowboy, he had smart moments and dumb moments)
3)Janeway (Is my favorite actor and likely the best actor out of all of them.)
4) Sisko was good but seemed to prejudice and sometimes a hypocrite
5) Archer (The worse portrayal not sure if he's the worse actor)

I'd rank the XOs like this:
1) Spock
2) Nerys (more like 1a and 1b)  She suffered from 1st officer writing but clearly the best next to Spock
3) Riker
4) Chakotay (I couldn't tell he was a man.)
5) T'pol  (I couldn't tell if she was alive)

Best Characters From Each Series-
1) Worf (DS9, his character is finally flushed out)
2) Seven of Nine (she was Spock only more aggressive and condescending)
3) Scott (the richest character per line in the secondary areas)
4) Data (but unfortunately his character's value was destroyed in the movies
5) Trip (All of the Secondary Characters were extremely average with this exception)

Best Recurring Characters From Each Series -
[1)Weyoun (for the actor and the character)
2)Guinan
3) Chapel
4) Shran
5) Icheb

Best Villain from Each Series
1) Dukat
2) Seska
3) Q
4) Kang
5) Duras

Films by Rank

1) The Undiscovered Country   *** Best Plot and Execution
2) Wrath of Khan    *** Best Theme and Execution
3) The Voyage Home     *** Best Continuation
4) The Search for Spock    *** Best Drama
5) Into Darkness    *** Best Style & Humor
-----
6) Generations  *** Worst  Concept
7) The Motion Picture  *** Worst Pacing
8) Insurrection    *** Worst Story
9) The Final Frontier  *** Worst Execution, Worst FX
10) Star Trek (2009)   *** Worst use of Contrivance & Plot Devices, Worst Villain
11) First Contact  *** Worst Character Use,  Worst Character Development & Worst Drama
12) Nemesis   *** Worst Plot

Best Speeches

Picard
'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' Those words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie, as wisdom...and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.

Sisko
     "When I first took command of this post, all I wanted was to be somewhere else. Anywhere but here. But now, five years later, this station has become my home. And you've become my family. Leaving this place, leaving you, is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. But this war isn't over. I want you to know that, while we were keeping the Dominion occupied, a Starfleet/Klingon task force crossed the border into Cardassia and destroyed the Dominion shipyards on Torros III. Your sacrifices, our sacrifices, made that possible. But no victory can make this moment any easier for me and I promise, I will not rest until I stand with you again. Here. In this place. Where I belong."

Janeway
      "You know, I'm really easy to get along with most of the time, but I don't like bullies and I don't like threats, and I don't like 'you', Culluh. You can try and stop us from getting to the truth but I promise you that if you do I will respond with all the 'unique technologies' at my command."

Kirk
     "They used to say that if man could fly he have wings.  But he did fly, he discovered he had to. Do wish the first Appolo mission hadn't gone to the moon, then to mars and the nearest star?  That's like saying you wish you'd still opperated with scapels and sewed up your patients with cat guts like your great, great, great, great grandfather used to.  I'm in command. I could order this but I'm not because Dr. McCoy is right in pointing out the enormous danger potential in any contact with life and intelligence as fantasticaly advanced as this. But I must point out that the possibilities..the potential...for knowledge and advancement is equally Great!  Risk! Risk...is our business."

Archer
     "Up untill a hundred years ago there was one question that burned in every human.  It made us study the stars and dream of traveling to them.  "Are we alone?"  Our generation is priveleged to know the answer to that question.  We're all explorers driven to know what's over the Horizon, what's beyond our own shores, yet the more I've experienced the more I've learned, no matter how far we travel or how fast we get there, the most profound discoveries are not necessarily beyond that next star. They're within us, woven into the threads that bind us, all of us to each other.  The final frontier begins in this hall.  Lets explore it together.

Offline Trim

• BCN/BCU Veteran
  • Cookies: 74
  • Moderator of redundancy Moderator
Episodes:

TOS - Balance of Terror and The Doomsday Machine
TAS - Never saw it
TNG - Booby Trap and Yesterday's Enterprise
DS9 - The Way of the Warrior and Trials and Tribble-ations
VOY - Scorpion and Endgame
ENT - Thought the series SUCKED so no favorite here. 

Captain - James T. Kirk

First Officer - William T. Riker

Secondary character - Montgomery Scott (James Doohan)

Reoccuring character - Q

Villain - Khan (Ricardo Montalban)

Ship - Constitution Class Refit closely followed by the Galaxy Class

Film - Star Trek II, The Wrath of Khan

And I'll add another one as well, best MOVIE opening score: Tough call actually, my three favs are STII TWOK, First Contact, and the opening score from the latest Trek movies. 

Offline Joshmaul

• Lunatic with a Starship
  • Cookies: 8
  • A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
Episodes:
TOS - Space Seed, Balance of Terror and The Doomsday Machine, in that order
TAS - Never seen it
TNG - Sarek, Unification I and II
DS9 - The Way of the Warrior and Soldiers of the Empire
VOY - Of the ones I've seen...probably Basics, Part I and II (I'm a fan of Brad Dourif)
ENT - In a Mirror, Darkly, Part I and II

Movies: Wrath/Search (since it's one story, in a way), Undiscovered Country, First Contact

Captain: Picard

XO: Spock

Secondary character: A toss-up between Scotty and The Doctor

Recurring character: Definately Klingons - Kor and Martok particularly

Villain: Khan in Space Seed and TWOK, naturally, but a close second...hmm. I'll go with the Romulan commander in "Balance of Terror".

Ship: Constitution refit remains my chief love, followed very closely by the Sovereign
"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter