Author Topic: You know what would have made FC good  (Read 1259 times)

Offline Psyco Diver

• Cookies: 3
You know what would have made FC good
« on: October 17, 2010, 01:32:11 AM »
I've been thinking about it since I rewatch Emmisary the other day and I realized something, FC would have better better with Sisko and Picard and the Defiant and the big E. I could see it going with the E coming in for the rescue cause really why would the Defiant, a ship Sisko made just to kick Borg ass, be there without him. Those 2 kick some ass, the E gets goes through the time portal with the Defiant close behind. Borg board E Sisko wants to blow up the E up, Picard and Sisko fight about it. The Borg try to assimliate Data to get the codes to the E (screw the queen idea, god that part makes me so mad) and turn him into the new lacust (sp?) Picard and Sisko tackle what the Borg have done to them cause heck Picard still hates them for what they made him do and Sisko hates them for what they did to him and what he lost (heck he spents years slaving over way to kick Borg ass!). Ending kinda goes the same with Data pretending to follow the borg, Picard getting his butt kicked but winning, and Sisko going around and pimp slapping all the borg into submission. Have the story focus on Picard, Sisko, and Data, with the random secondary people popping their heads in for short times. They leave and all is good.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
Re: You know what would have made FC good
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 10:17:09 AM »
ya it is such a shame that didnt make that borg battlescene much much better and more intense than it was...  hell, even DS9 had better fleet battlescenes lol
they could have extended that whole thing by 15 or 20 more minutes, alot more ships, more internal shots, etc...

when i first saw FC in theaters, i was really excited by the opening minutes, but when it all ended so fast and abrupt, i was very disappointed...

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 11:44:10 AM »
ya it is such a shame that didnt make that borg battlescene much much better and more intense than it was...  hell, even DS9 had better fleet battlescenes lol
they could have extended that whole thing by 15 or 20 more minutes, alot more ships, more internal shots, etc...

when i first saw FC in theaters, i was really excited by the opening minutes, but when it all ended so fast and abrupt, i was very disappointed...

ya know it could have been longer... we never know everything that was cut... XD
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 12:29:09 PM »
It probably could have been a bit longer, but I don't hold it against the film. The movie was still awesome so I'm willing to forgive that little flaw.

Having the DS9 crew in FC probably wouldn't have been intrusive or forced (as many crossovers are), but then it wouldn't have been a true TNG movie. Also since DS9 was in its 5th season at the time the actors probably couldn't have been making their own show and doing a movie at the same time. Doing so probably would have meant production on DS9 had to be put on hold while the cast does there thing, vs just simply writing Worf out for a few episodes.

All in all, your ideas probably would have made FC better, but the movie is still excellent as is. I have no complaints.

Offline Psyco Diver

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 01:41:56 PM »
Honestly the movie would have been much MUCH better without the queen, I think it made Voyager fail alot when it came to thier borg episodes cause they had the queen to fall on

Offline Morgan

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 02:10:10 PM »
I thought the Queen added a certain depth to the Borg that the film needed. Without her it would have just been a film involving Picard and Data running around the ship killing Borg. Sure Voyager's Borg episodes failed but that's because they couldn't figure out how to use the Borg (or Queen) properly, and not to mention too much...

Also I didn't really like Susana Thompson as the Queen, Alice Kridge was much better.

Offline Psyco Diver

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 04:49:52 PM »
I would agree if they gave a reason, like oh like "with Luctus leaving we needed another center being" that would be MUCH more believable than the queen was always there, instead of them making it more canon in TNG is that "all is the one and one is the all" instead of FC changing it to the stupid, "one is the all and all is the one" and pushing her own agenda pissed me off too. Instead if they had her as the voice of the borg that would have made more sense than her being a horny teenager trying to hump Data. A serious rewrite was needed for her character

Offline Morgan

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 11:50:32 PM »
I don't know, the Queen's "function" in the Collective was never concretely defined. She may be the "leader" of the Borg, or she may very well be a simple personification of the entire Collective (which is what I prefer to believe), but since her role to this day isn't very concrete, it's all open to interpretation.

Offline Psyco Diver

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2010, 10:09:53 AM »
She always felt like she was the leader to me, esspecially judging how they did what she wanted and when she died the rest of the borg died with her. My bias may also come from VOY cause off the fact they defined her has the leader of the borg, which pissed me off cause alot of their borg episodes would have been better without the Janeway/Queen banter. I guess if they never introduced the Queen then VOY would have never relied on her for a classic villian set up and maybe VOY would have been a little better, esspecially the last episode, god I hate the last episode but thats for another thread a different day

I liked FC alot, its just thats some stuff thats bothered me since I first watched it, I was still young but I remember saying "WTF since when is their a Borg queen and why the $^#@ is she trying to screw Data" Either way I think it was some of Patrick Stewart best acting, esspecially when he realized he was no better than a person from the 21st centry

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 06:47:46 PM »
Also I didn't really like Susana Thompson as the Queen, Alice Kridge was much better.

Which was one upside to End Game.

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 07:14:08 PM »
and Sisko going around and pimp slapping all the borg into submission.

ok thats just funny... and your idea would have been interesting, but why not have(excuse me for this) "the big E" the defiant, and voyager there(gotta admit they screwed the borg over so many times, it just seams like that should be) going back in time, picard and sisko arguing over wether to blow up Ent E or not, janeway facepalming and taking command while picard and sisko simmer down...data getting screwed over by the borg queen, only to break her neck or doing what he originally did, the defiant aloast CRASHING, and voyager also being partially assimilated, only to find seven has set her to self destruct and picard somehow stops it.....hey that would have doubled the length of the movie......

Offline Morgan

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2010, 07:19:13 PM »
Quote from: Kari Barnes
Which was one upside to End Game.
I couldn't agree with that statement more.

Quote from: flarespire
why not have(excuse me for this) "the big E" the defiant, and voyager there(gotta admit they screwed the borg over so many times, it just seams like that should be) going back in time, picard and sisko arguing over wether to blow up Ent E or not, janeway facepalming and taking command while picard and sisko simmer down...data getting screwed over by the borg queen, only to break her neck or doing what he originally did, the defiant aloast CRASHING, and voyager also being partially assimilated, only to find seven has set her to self destruct and picard somehow stops it.....hey that would have doubled the length of the movie......
Eh...I've found that a lot of times crossovers (from any TV show, Trek or not) often just feel forced and weird. Not that I'm opposed to them, but I only like to see them when its necessary to advance the plot...

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2010, 11:21:43 AM »
FC was great as is.  My only complaint is that the Battle of Sector 001 wasn't long enough.

The Queen gave the Borg a face, as Locutus was.  Plus every race of drones I've heard about (real-world ants, wasps, bees, Ender's Game's buggers/formics, and more) all have queens.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2010, 01:08:52 PM »
Quote from: Borg Queen
"I am the beginning ... the end ... the one who is many ... I am the Borg."

it sounds to me like she is the collective personified, there is no one leader in the collective, there is only the collective, the Queen only speaks for it.  that also explains why there are more than one.

Offline JamesTiberiusKirk

• Johnny Walker... one of my best friends! Cheers!
  • Cookies: 33
  • Cheers!
    • My Myspace Page ->
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2010, 10:09:23 AM »
im not sure where, but startrek legacy gave a very nice explanation. the borg queen is something like a coordinator, a psychic species capable of bringing order to chaos. but anyway, i thought DS9 had very cool battles, but when it came to CGI battles, it got worse. The battle for the retake chin'toka looked like a big joke. the models were terribly undetailed. but on the other hand, we had, for example, the battle, where the jem'hadar destroyed the Tal'shiar and the obsidian order. that battle was really detailed and much much cooler. realtime models .... ftw

"And this... is... to go... even further beyond!"