Author Topic: Re: Bridge Commander: Generations (Pictorial) *Update* 05/11/23  (Read 8795 times)

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1077
    • Blackrook32's YouTube Channel
Re: Bridge Commander: Generations (Pictorial) *Update* 05/11/23
« on: December 06, 2010, 09:08:21 PM »
Hi All,

This mod is called Bridge Commander: Generations This is a culmination of works, I have dabbled with over the years. I've gotten special permission from Mark to release the EF2 bot modifications. This mod is a total conversion of the bridge crews by male/female voice files, era and canon variants. Basically, the player will have the option of choosing their favorite era. The mod will include the following features....

* Unisex Positions (the modder can fill any bridge slot with the male/female bot of their choice)

* Customized .TGL files for the bridge crews

* New Characters/Species textures and uniforms (The new Species are the Orions)

* BC Generations touches not only the canon crews but their Mirror Universe counterparts
like the ENT Defiant crew and the TOS Mirror crew.

* Alternate Crews (Think of it as a rotating shift)

* Mutator Controlled (but I hope to get this done using UMM functions)

Now, here is the first set of pics featuring the Enterprise era. Say what you will, I liked the show. I hope this take on the beta uniforms do the series Justice (or at the least your install).

I'll post pics from each era here, later on. ;)

" Fortune Favors the Bold "

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
Re: Bridge Commander: Generations (Pictorial)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 11:01:43 PM »
WOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!!

I don't usually overuse smileys, but:

:yay: :yay: :dance :dance :dance :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :thumbsup: :dance :funny :kiss:

THANK YOU!

( I don't like Enterprise, but I'm giddy over all the work you've done for this! Here's hoping you get the UMM interface sorted :) )
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 11:16:27 PM »
Very cool indeed.  :yay:

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 11:20:44 PM »
LOL Bren  :funny

I know Enterprise is an acquired taste. :P

Making T'Pol's uniforms was the most challenging. She maybe a semi-emotional Vulcan. But, she most certainly was a "snazzy" dresser. T'Pol was a fashion horse, and I have the fourteen uniform variants to prove it, lol.

Here are some pics of the TOS Era. Featuring the Original 1701 crew. I also have a TOS alternate crew that I will post later.

Offline FekLeyr Targ

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 537
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 01:31:19 AM »
Well done.
I've got a question: Will it be compartible with Kobayashi Maru and other mods?
TaH pagh, Tah be.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 07:56:07 AM »
that reminds me, I've gotta get the TOS bridges back.  they gave me trouble last time, and would crash the whole thing.

btw, what hauled YOU out of retirement?
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 11:52:33 AM »
btw, what hauled YOU out of retirement?

I decided to clean out my modded install, before moving on too making uniforms for Excalibur.
Besides, I thought it would be nice to share. :P

Here are some TMP pics. To get a convincing look, may take some non-canon measures. Due to the mirroring situation with the EF2 bots. This is a problem, I definitely won't have too worry about on EXC.

I still have a lot of work to do in this one... :banghead: :D

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 03:52:01 AM »
Love quality of work and looking forward to this.  I've got a bunch of personal mods (TMP, TNG, DS9/VOY, Klingon TMP/DS9, Rom TNG/Nem, JJ) and all work ok in KM1.0 with mutators.  Shame the EF2 bots not more easily moddable,  but quality good (better than stock BC) and enough variety to give crews personality  :)   If had wishlist would be for more canon Worf(s) and Ferengi.  I got SP game to work with EF2 crew but not having Ferengi bot was major pain, lol  :banghead:

edit: sorry...forgot cookie for good work  :(   Fixed.

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2010, 02:51:13 PM »
Love quality of work and looking forward to this.  I've got a bunch of personal mods (TMP, TNG, DS9/VOY, Klingon TMP/DS9, Rom TNG/Nem, JJ) and all work ok in KM1.0 with mutators.  Shame the EF2 bots not more easily moddable,  but quality good (better than stock BC) and enough variety to give crews personality  :)   If had wishlist would be for more canon Worf(s) and Ferengi.  I got SP game to work with EF2 crew but not having Ferengi bot was major pain, lol  :banghead:

Thanks for the kind words, Lurok! :D

I've been following your bridge set works as well, Most impressive!

I agree about the the EF2 bot limitations. The mirroring situation is aggravating enough. Because, I prefer the little details myself. I had an easier time with the stock bots. I made some updates that I might release later on. I made some Klingons, I'll post about them in a separate thread here. As for the Ferengi? The stock bot will do, just as ugly in any case. On the SP, I converted over years ago when I was doing the beta work for 3rd Era/Frontier Productions- back in 2005. The most fun I had with the bots, was making custom characters/faces. You know, we ought to pool together our talents. :P

I have some pics of the TNG and NEM uniforms. In my rendition of the original VOY crew, I didn't add 7of9 or the EMH Doctor. For some reason, I found their characters too be annoying and overused, IMHO.

Maybe, that's why I asked El to add the EMH as a damageable HP, in the Intrepid class pack. :P

Offline Nexxus21

• Commanding USS Solaris Mk-I Refit
  • Cookies: 4
  • Our Continuing Mission Of Exploration
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2010, 03:56:44 PM »
Absolutely Stunning... and a definite and much needed breath of fresh air for BC in this particular area.  On a side note I noticed that this makes my 100th post  :yay:

If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us...-Adlai E. Stevenson Jr.

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2010, 04:00:26 PM »
Absolutely Stunning... and a definite and much needed breath of fresh air for BC in this particular area.  This makes my 100th post  :yay:

Thanks, Nexxus, and a Happy 100th post too ya! :P

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 01:05:25 PM »
I just realised I neglected to show the Mirror Uniforms. :facepalm:

Here are my take on the uniforms seen on the Enterprise episode "In A Mirror, Darkly Pt." These are just a rough draft. And I'll have to work out the mirroring effect on the bots. Some canon additions of the mirror uniforms may not be practical on the bot.

I do intend to add the "buttons and whistles" such as belt/sachet and ranks late on.

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2010, 02:42:33 PM »
These will all add another pre-Excalibur boost to the game when ready.  Looking forward to them.  And great work as always... :thumbsup:

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2010, 02:52:57 PM »
These will all add another pre-Excalibur boost to the game when ready.  Looking forward to them.  And great work as always... :thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliment Lurok. :thumbsup:

I'll have to hit the trek fan sites to resource the ranks and such. Making the mod is good practice for Excalibur. :D

Here's one more pic for the road. ;)

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2011, 11:12:54 AM »
*Squeals* Mirror Universe! I loved the ENT era Mirror Universe stuff! Jolene Blalocks outfit didn't hurt the eyes either.  :funny Mate, those are absolutely gorgeous. Can't wait!

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2012, 04:35:02 PM »
Update :D

Here are two videos I made of the alternate TOS & TNG crew. Though, the observant eye, may see multiple mods in some of the vids. This should give one an ideal of what the uniforms will look like in-game, with a simple walkabout on the sets. :P

* Star Trek: Konkordium

* Star Trek: BC Steamrunner Bridge

Offline TheConstable6

• ^LOL
  • Cookies: 10
Re: Bridge Commander: Generations (Pictorial) *Update* 03/31/12
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2012, 04:40:26 PM »
 :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek

You are a saint  :angel
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
 We are not now that strength which in old days
 Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
 One equal temper of heroic hearts,
 Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
 To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Offline mckinneyc

• Screenshot Master
  • Cookies: 151
  • Screenshot Master
    • My DA page
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2012, 04:47:32 PM »
Looking good

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2012, 06:56:25 PM »
Thanks for the compliment guys :)

Here are some pics of the TMP crew in Baz1701's TWOK set. After dusting the digital dust off, so to speak. While playing with my TMP Command ship, I decided to revisit this project. Though the TMP uniforms are not finished just yet. I found a canon mesh of TMP uniform sig. I'll try too swap it out the TNG comm-badge on the bots.

I'm a believer in total "Immersion" while playing Bridge Commander! :P

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2012, 07:55:34 AM »
well, look who popped up.  Blackrook.

we got a new guy around here that might wanna experinemt with body models at some point.

before you disappear, i do have a question.  if you've done heads and bodies both, how the crap do you shove the head and hand textures together on one piece?
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet