Author Topic: Bridge Commander Maelstrom Mod (BCMM) WIP  (Read 20038 times)

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
Bridge Commander Maelstrom Mod (BCMM) WIP
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2012, 08:58:18 PM »
guys, do I have to take a screencap?  yes, there's a full kessok bridge...i suggest you use Nifskope, instead.  all it lacks is a viewscreen in the nif

OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2012, 09:31:42 AM »
Kcs pointed this out to me some time back, when we were reteextureing a Bridge to The Terran Empire, so this set really is part of BC.
But this is Luroks thread we need to get back on topic.
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2012, 11:07:56 AM »
The Sovereign engine room set looks killer. *cookied*

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2012, 05:25:27 AM »
And the warp core animates.  :D   Brex in Eng was one of the most frustrating bugs to crack  :banghead:  I could replace background like other bridges (which is why Data in Engineering works)  but couldn't figure out way in scripting to move Brex as I did other bridge characters.  Eventually figured out if couldn't move him then I could recreate set with new camera which is how get above effect. I quite like fact he's slightly off-centre, more 'realistic'/cinematic.  

Fixed majority of major bugs now so going through missions again to see if all ok or any new ones arisen.  Also trying out new animations for captain bridge walk ons.

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2012, 05:18:08 AM »
Some more pics. Was curious to see if get my TMPSpacedock to work in SP as didn't when last tried.  Realised issue was it wasn't same size or orientation as stock base so remodelled accordingly and now (sort of  :P) works.  Actually it's all fine apart from the initial docking anim and cutscene (the leaving dock one is ok).  I assume it's an HP issue that someone might be able to correct?  As for animated doors, I'll have to wait for Mario to be less busy for that one  :)

new Nightingale

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2012, 09:50:59 AM »
Yes , Luriok, docking is controled , by the HP. so are the indide views as it leaves Spacedock.  :D

are you be chance going to realease that Olympic class, seperate > Opps apologize shouldnt ask
\ :nono: Tiq-
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2012, 10:07:22 AM »
I'm suprised someone even DID an olympic type (we need a new one, but modelers ignore roundheads)

try peeking at the stock scripts for the various bases, and you'll see what tiq means.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2012, 11:17:48 AM »
  cordanilus and TiqHud [  2008.05.24 ]
Tutorial - "Dock at Base"

Scripts\Custom\Ships
 The Ship.py file  [of your base] needs this to be present:
Foundation.StarBaseDef

Example:
Foundation.ShipDef.KlingonImperialStarbase = Foundation.StarBaseDef

Scripts\Ships\Hardpoints

<< also this MUST BE present set the  [also in the ship hardpoint] in the Property of the Base
"Stationary" >>

The Ship.py file (of your Base) has to have entries of the following:

DockingPort
DockingEntryStart
DockingEntryEnd
DockingExitStart
DockingExitEnd
DockingCameraSweep1
DockedCameraSweep1
UndockingCameraSweep1

Optional:
(Mainly for a base that has an inside view)

InsideVisibility1
InsideVisibility2

Example:
(Located within the Hardpoint)

TiqHud

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2012, 05:37:00 AM »
Thanks for all the HP info, guys  :thumbsup:  In fact discovered the other problem with new base is that when leave at start of E3M1, can't warp to Savoy as Kiska says still in dock!   Is there an HPer who could have a look at nif and HP (currently using stock fedstarbase) and maybe fiddle with and see if can fix? 

Olympic - I can't take credit as that's Kevo's model  http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Olympic_Class;2074.   All I did was extract textures from nif and change to Nightingale (was originally Pasteur). 

Pretty much near end of first stage debugging so getting ready to send to potential testers.  Still some mid-long term character model and anim issues to tweak but that'll be ongoing process. 

Was getting pretty badly beaten up on last test mission so thought would share. I'd forgotten how cool the bridge fx could look  :D

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2012, 09:15:52 AM »
I was asked to try to retex the Olympics at one point by Tiq.  personally, the whole model needs rebuilt.  and with that thing having Baked-on Textures, I wouldn't know how to pull them anyway (i can barely kitbash, let alone THAT)

btw, I found out the hard way that, whoever rigged the Bridge FX used the "sphere" (ship shields) texture for the "steam"
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2012, 10:05:25 AM »
Thanks for all the HP info, guys  :thumbsup:  In fact discovered the other problem with new base is that when leave at start of E3M1, can't warp to Savoy as Kiska says still in dock!   Is there an HPer who could have a look at nif and HP (currently using stock fedstarbase) and maybe fiddle with and see if can fix?  Pretty much near end of first stage debugging so getting ready to send to potential testers.  Still some mid-long term character model and anim issues to tweak but that'll be ongoing process. 
HMM, Wonder, Why she'd not allow you to warp [or is it the savoy system, can you warp to it without going into SB [to just see if you get there]]

Have you tried, [bet you have] takeing the fedstarbase HP and just renaming {out of SDK}
been such a long time since I played SP
TiqHud

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2012, 10:38:41 AM »
there was a fed starbase released ages ago that fixed this issue... I think it had something to do with the docking radius. (I also think this may have been solved in KM)

btw Lurok91 I'd like to see larger imgs so make em thumbnails (linking to the bigger ones) ;)
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2012, 11:37:53 AM »
like Nebula said, may be fixed in KM, because I just replaced the fedstbase.Nifs , with the SFRD_spacedock and also renamed to become [fedstarbase] also renamed SFrd_spacedock.py {hardpoint} to read fedstarbase.py, and Had NO troubles docking or going or leaveing (went to savoy)

just a precaution, have you disabled to Galaxy Charts mutator?
TiqHud

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2012, 05:23:28 AM »
Thanks for tips re: dock hp. Will try the one from KM and report back.   btw, no mods such as Galaxy Charts etc added to this. Not even KM  :D   At present mod is stock BC + patch; Basic Foundation; and Bridge Plugin Core. 

@Neb re: pics, I used to post them bigger but found it a bit unnecessary and obtrusive.  And I'm not sure how to link thumbnails.  So I'll just continue to post as is for now  :).   Speaking of which, having fiddled with new Data head decided the stock BC one wasn't too bad so wondered if would work with a bit of tweaking. Results below. Think acceptable.

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2012, 04:48:35 AM »
Thanks. In fact that ^ starbase is one I'm using.  On the hp front, tried KM hps with my starbase but no joy.  Still getting that odd Kiska "inside station" error.  It probably is either a HP adjustment, or perhaps something to do with docking radius in scripts, though seems 50/50 as docking entry works ok.  I'd really appreciate it if a HPer could perhaps look at model/HP.   (ps: tried sfrdbase in game but doesn't work as too small and different axis to stock base)

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2012, 09:14:30 AM »
Thanks. In fact that ^ starbase is one I'm using.  On the hp front, tried KM hps with my starbase but no joy.  Still getting that odd Kiska "inside station" error. 

Try the HP in SDK , that may Help on the Docking part. Call me on MSN if you use it.

What EXACTLY is problem (do you have Mleo-s Console Logger, I find it VERY useful?)
Did you try and Warp to Savoy without the Starbase-like from some place else?- I forget
TiqHud

Offline zgok

• Cookies: 3
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2012, 05:39:54 PM »
Truly Magnificent! Great work as always.

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2012, 02:25:08 PM »
Another Modding Barrier has been Broken!   :eek :yay:
Lurok, you deserver a Nobel Prize in the field of BC Bridge Modding, this is pure Epicness if i ever saw it.
Well Done, keep breaking those barriers!

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2012, 05:09:45 PM »
Send me your address so I can mail you a giant-ass box of cookies.  :bow:

Offline Lurok91

• Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2012, 07:48:27 AM »
The red alert swap is so logical I'm just kicking myself didn't figure it out earlier so could have incorporated into first bridges   :banghead:    But I guess since started modding with no prev exp, all been a bit of a learning curve and guess learn by trial and error.  I'll post vid of Sov bridge as well. 

Some advice needed from DS9FX/KM guys:  SP mod currently looks around 1.7GB.  Any advice how to package for testers?  Best compression?  Should I make it an exe, and best software for that?  Thanks.