Author Topic: Cordanilus WIP - The Enigma, Slipstream  (Read 9224 times)

Offline Phoenix Bondi

• REMEMBER YOUR ORIGIN
  • Cookies: 575
  • Never Forget Your Origins
    • CHRIS JONES GAMING
Re: Cordanilus WIP - The Enigma, Slipstream
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2014, 12:41:01 PM »
Nice...just kinda feel bit like a waste of my time as im doing ds9 ans baz has just finised his esd..sometimed i wish we could all work together and not end up doing the same bloody models. Im not meh with u. Just in general its hapoened to baz and wiley a few times..be nice if we all kinda said i want a b and c and then the end up getting b from all of us

Offline cordanilus

• Cookies: 608
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2014, 01:15:38 PM »
I see.  I was working on this over a year ago.  Was supposed to be for DS9FX Xtended 1.1, but I've been away for a long while.  I just got back recently.  But, it's good to practice your skillz for an old game like BC.  Get used to knocking down the poly count anyway.  I wish windows live messenger was still around.  We used to all chat on there, if not on here.

Offline Phoenix Bondi

• REMEMBER YOUR ORIGIN
  • Cookies: 575
  • Never Forget Your Origins
    • CHRIS JONES GAMING
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2014, 01:34:29 PM »
We should all meet up on skype one day and all havr a good knatter

Offline Saquist

• Cookies: 24
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2014, 02:14:23 PM »
Nice...just kinda feel bit like a waste of my time as im doing ds9 ans baz has just finised his esd..sometimed i wish we could all work together and not end up doing the same bloody models. Im not meh with u. Just in general its hapoened to baz and wiley a few times..be nice if we all kinda said i want a b and c and then the end up getting b from all of us

I've noticed that tendency. BCC could use more unity.
There are ships that haven't ever been touched or done proper justice and it's 10 years since the game came out. Attack ship & Cruiser, Breen Firgates, Kazon Mothership, Borg Sphere, Prometheus (at least not to my knowledge)

It's hard to get people to cooperate.
You have lots of talented people here but you're all doing your own thing.
I would love to join in but my modeling skills aren't there and I know nothing on texturing.  But I have a lot of time on my hands.  I have every program that I need, an extremely powerful computer and I'm open to learning. 

...and there it is...(shrug)

Offline WileyCoyote

• The Other Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1219
  • Awesome-sauce factory owner
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2014, 02:20:43 PM »
We should all meet up on skype one day and all havr a good knatter
I'm all for this.
Please visit my Deviantart page at www.trekmodeler.deviantart.com.

My website is up! Download my ships here: http://www.michaelwileyart.com

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2014, 02:22:03 PM »
In the end, everyone just has a different way of modelling, texturing, and hardpointing.  People could try to not tread on each other's toes and stay away from stuff currently being worked on, but in the end, you'll inevitably have final products of varying quality, design style, hp strength, et cetera that may not mesh well with each other.

Offline sovereign001

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2014, 03:16:58 PM »
There are ships that haven't ever been touched or done proper justice and it's 10 years since the game came out. Attack ship & Cruiser, Breen Firgates, Kazon Mothership, Borg Sphere, Prometheus (at least not to my knowledge)

I would love to join in but my modeling skills aren't there and I know nothing on texturing.  But I have a lot of time on my hands.  I have every program that I need, an extremely powerful computer and I'm open to learning. 

Kazon mothership is the delta quadrant pack. And yes  i agree with you, unfortunately i got gangb-nged here just for saying that ...

Looks extremely good Cordanilus!!

Offline cordanilus

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2014, 03:56:58 PM »
Ha ha ha  Thanks.  I laught because that Kazon Mothership in the DQP wasn't made in 3DS Max.  It was made with a little itty bitty program called, Milkshape.  I completely forgot all about that.  :-P  Yes skype.  I haven't turned that thing on in a while either.

Offline Saquist

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2014, 04:18:59 PM »
And yes  i agree with you, unfortunately i got gangb-nged here just for saying that ...

And that shouldn't happen.  And I hope that doesn't prevent you from speaking your mind in the future.  At the very least, I listen to you and everyone here equally.

--
And with all due respect to the author of the Delta Quadrant Pack Kazon Predator...
That was not a good rendition of the ship and I offered at the time to do a close analysis of the ship as I did with Defiant but the offer was turned down.

In fact I did it anyway. (It was harder to do due to the lack of right angles but it's much closer in detail than anything available on the net.)  I was doing the same for the Jem Hadar Cruiser too.

Things have been dying here the last few years.  Talent has left
But there are those ready to fill the void.  There was Kobyashi Maru Mod what will happen after?

Offline cordanilus

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2014, 04:37:26 PM »
No worries.  I made that little bugger.  Not easy to work with Milkshape, not enough tools.  I couldn't find enough pictures/angles to work with too.  I think that ship was only 1k (or 2k) polys.  I'll have to dig it up to see.

Offline sovereign001

« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2014, 04:47:16 PM »
And that shouldn't happen.  And I hope that doesn't prevent you from speaking your mind in the future.  At the very least, I listen to you and everyone here equally.

--
And with all due respect to the author of the Delta Quadrant Pack Kazon Predator...
That was not a good rendition of the ship and I offered at the time to do a close analysis of the ship as I did with Defiant but the offer was turned down.

In fact I did it anyway. (It was harder to do due to the lack of right angles but it's much closer in detail than anything available on the net.)  I was doing the same for the Jem Hadar Cruiser too.

Things have been dying here the last few years.  Talent has left
But there are those ready to fill the void.  There was Kobyashi Maru Mod what will happen after?

Unfortunately it did. Not only me. That's why i never say something bad :)

The thing that bothered me was that indeed, we saw lots of ships untouched. Jemhadar ships, breen ships, lots and lots of other alien ships. And we always see people doing the same thing. Not that i have a problem with that. Because one modder does his approach of a ship. The other one loves a bigger deflector, while the other one has almost the identical hull but a completely different hull texture or hp. I'm a cool with that, but having almost 6 versions of something...

JB i think, made the DQP pack, thank you. People like Baz and Phoenix are doing SW ships, thank you for that. Bones i think did the Mass Effect ships, thanks for that! :)

Offline Saquist

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2014, 05:02:59 PM »
No worries.  I made that little bugger.  Not easy to work with Milkshape, not enough tools.  I couldn't find enough pictures/angles to work with too.  I think that ship was only 1k (or 2k) polys.  I'll have to dig it up to see.

I have a folder on much of these ships and I found some interesting angles...The Biggest problem is that the angles are avaiable in Voyager but Voyager was too dark in SD.  But even DS9 Defiant shots were many times better than the SD on TV.  I'm thinking If I bought it I might have the detail I need to make it happen for real.

@ Sovereign
That's how the fed ships go.
Not only are they popular (as the PotD shows) They have more details and blue prints we can understand..

Offline Jb06

• Cookies: 968
  • JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2014, 05:58:33 PM »

I would love to join in but my modeling skills aren't there and I know nothing on texturing.  But I have a lot of time on my hands.  I have every program that I need, an extremely powerful computer and I'm open to learning.  

Kazon mothership has been made and acutally it was cordy who made it! And the borg sphere had brand new model made by Lint... Both in the Delta Quadrant Pack! :P Do your research son!

--

And that's a load of bullsh*t, I would never turn down help, I've got no pm about that. It might have its flaw's but it's the best out there.

Offline Saquist

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2014, 06:56:28 PM »
And that's a load of bullsh*t, I would never turn down help, I've got no pm about that. It might have its flaw's but it's the best out there.

I don't know about all that...
At the time I offered, my impression was that the model had already been completed and the intent was to move on instead of backtrack.

--
It's a shame these studio models, these works of art are created and never photographed properly or designs made at all.  Either that or someone is sitting on them.  Then they are destroyed...Amazing, the callousness against creativity. 

Offline cordanilus

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2014, 08:44:07 PM »
Quick video for you guys to watch.  Don't worry about the blinking blackness at the end of the tunnel.  I'm sure it's just my video card being wacky.  But, have to try it on another system too.  Oh yeah, I'm not sure about the white flashes the tunnels have.  lol  Hot flashes.  I'm going to recheck the tunnel and textures to see if there is an error in it.

Offline Saquist

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2014, 09:43:11 PM »
The part of the effect I really like is as the camera is close to the ship perpendicular against it's axis the vortex give an amazing sense of speed.
Music was kewl
The rings of cloudiness was the only thing that thru it off.

Offline cordanilus

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2014, 10:02:53 PM »
If you look at the ST:V screenshots, the tunnels do have green rings in it, others is like a blue.  Besides, this texture is preliminary, I never tried to make wavy lines on a sideways texture before, which looks halfway decent, stretching it down the model.  Also, I'm making a bunch of different textures and will make another video when I think I have enough.

@Bones
If you have time, perhaps we can chat on skype.  Mine is my email...should be in my profile.  I want to see if you can make something better than me with these tunnel textures.  I'll explain more later, if you're up to it.

Offline FekLeyr Targ

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 537
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2014, 05:41:33 AM »
You know, I think that this blinking at the end of the tunnel and those white flashed do improve the atmosphere inside the slipstream. :)
TaH pagh, Tah be.

Offline sovereign001

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2014, 12:38:22 PM »
damn i loved it! Release it!!  :D

Offline Kophjaeger

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2014, 02:39:50 PM »
Sorry, I don't want to hijack a hijacked thread.

JB, your work is awesome. You fill in alot of those gaps, and I appreciate you bringing a few of my models into BC. I am guilty of having a number of unreleased ships too, but there are plenty of folks on here who do work together. Sure some talent has left, but there is alot still here. I love seeing the SW stuff in progress. New designs. Designs unrepresented in the modding world. And there are alot of ships out there that have been left at 80% completion because of real life distractions, but if folks want to keep BC/ST modding alive, I think we can continue to do so. There was a time when people were stealing mods, being territorial about credits, and plain old trolling, but alot of those people left too and we have a pretty dedicated core still that cares about the craft.

Saquist, you can come down on folks and step on toes, but I appreciate that you are not afraid to speak critically. Honestly, critical reception is what kept me pushing and to avoid the easy way out on alot of my work, and my work improved because of it.

If I could make one suggestion to the community, it would be to make available WIP's to those who may want to carry the torch. Maybe even a separate thread where status can be shown... it would avoid duplication, promote interest in those projects that seem dead, and maybe help retirees from sinking their ships with them.