Author Topic: Deadthunder's WIPs- Mass Effect Ships/TOS Warbird  (Read 844 times)

Offline deadthunder2_0

• Cookies: 39
  • Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel
    • Modders of Steel Home page
Deadthunder's WIPs- Mass Effect Ships/TOS Warbird
« on: March 04, 2014, 08:18:01 PM »
So I was playing around with ZZ's BOP and had an idea. Thought this would be a pretty cool project.
I'm not keeping the rear vertical connection. That's all temporary.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/aah5o6msa3ikvu0/Screenshot%202014-03-04%2019.13.02.png
https://www.dropbox.com/s/txbvtufao6tgxw9/Screenshot%202014-03-04%2019.13.14.png
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ynff27u8fs8bjrh/Screenshot%202014-03-04%2019.16.12.png
Support the Post TNG Ship Pack

Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel,
We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline deadthunder2_0

Re: Deadthunder's WIPs- TOS Romulan Warbird
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 09:46:21 PM »
Did some scaling, brought the secondary hulls closer together, and started building a head... Not much to show now. I do have a thought for some of the weapons systems.
2 Fore Disruptor cannons
1 Fore Disruptor beam
1 Fore torpedo launcher (Plasma Torpedos [Balance of Terror type] and Romulan Nuclear Warheads).
2 Aft Disruptor cannons.
1 Ventral mounted Romulan laser cannon turret
1 Dorsal mounted Romulan laser cannon turret

Disruptor cannons are more for capital ship defense, Lasers are weaker and should be used for point defense.
Anyway, more pics..
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ehsq5jqgcndwarg/Screenshot%202014-03-04%2020.30.42.png
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9xpwjvxkgz5bnmz/Screenshot%202014-03-04%2020.31.20.png
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1cb30g95jv9cgac/Screenshot%202014-03-04%2020.32.49.png

We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline Raven Night

• Models/Textures
  • Cookies: 531
  • Welcome to the Dark Side
    • Personal ModDB site
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 04:09:13 AM »
Nice work. This one is going to shape up rather nicely I think. Look forward to your progress.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 04:44:04 AM »
Interesting design mate ;)

Offline Kophjaeger

• Cookies: 24
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 04:46:29 AM »
I am definitely digging it. Were you going to adjust the symmetry of the two hulls?

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
  • Cookies: 28
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 10:10:27 AM »
That's a neat idea. Looking great!

Offline Raven Night

• Models/Textures
  • Cookies: 531
  • Welcome to the Dark Side
    • Personal ModDB site
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 04:17:40 PM »
I am guessing you are using two standard BOP hulls and giving it a TNG style head (with a TOS slant of course)...is that correct? If so, that is brilliant, and can also represent the stepping stone to the TNG Warbird IMO.

Offline deadthunder2_0

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 05:27:29 PM »
I am guessing you are using two standard BOP hulls and giving it a TNG style head (with a TOS slant of course)...is that correct? If so, that is brilliant, and can also represent the stepping stone to the TNG Warbird IMO.

Yea, pretty close to that. I was reading that the Romulans were supposed to have a Battle Cruiser built for "The Enterprise Incident", but it wouldn't fit in the budget. Then the plan was to use a BOP, but that model burned in the studio fire (The remastered episode featured a Bird Of Prey). Eventually they settled on the Klingon D7. This is a kinda What If sorta thing, but I'm using it to work on my modeling skills.
Also, the Warbird in TNG is referred to as a a Type 3 Warbird. The Melak Class seems to be a good example that could represent a Type 2 Warbird (possibly the ships involved in the destruction of the Enterprise C)... That still leaves room for a Type 1, which If we assume Warbird is a name for the twin hulled Romulan Ships, then this gives a great heritage vibe.

Offline nxadam1701

• Cookies: 20
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2014, 05:48:29 PM »
I was under the impression Picard says "B-Type Warbird" which would imply there's a "A" type not mentioned. At the same token it's iffy bc in the episode where the Romulans are reintroduced in TNG; that D'Deridex isn't significantly different then any other between that episode and the Defector. So unless the change is internal one would assume A/B are physically identical.
But I never heard of the Type 3?

Regardless, that a very interesting Kitbash you got going on there. Can't wait to see more.

Adam

Offline deadthunder2_0

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2014, 08:33:20 PM »
I was under the impression Picard says "B-Type Warbird" which would imply there's a "A" type not mentioned. At the same token it's iffy bc in the episode where the Romulans are reintroduced in TNG; that D'Deridex isn't significantly different then any other between that episode and the Defector. So unless the change is internal one would assume A/B are physically identical.
But I never heard of the Type 3?

Regardless, that a very interesting Kitbash you got going on there. Can't wait to see more.

Adam

You know what? Your right... I'm very wrong... Oops... My bad. Well we can get rid of the type lineage stuff. It's just now a recurring design that makes sense. BTW, I have added the rear disruptors, but they are temporary I think... I think I want to experiment around before I do anything. I also altered the one vertex on the bottom, bringing it further forward.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xy3q219ew3kc9gz/Screenshot%202014-03-05%2019.21.44.png
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xy3q219ew3kc9gz/Screenshot%202014-03-05%2019.21.44.png

Also, ZZ's BOP is pretty low poly. I really would like to keep it that way. I may want to do a Retexture and HP of his BOP too, adding detail and balancing it against GMunzo's TOS ships. I think this ship (Warbird, not BOP) should be able to go toe-to-toe with a Constitution, and win 70ish% of the time.

Offline deadthunder2_0

Re: Deadthunder's WIPs- Mass Effect Ships/TOS Warbird
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2014, 12:45:32 AM »
Got bored and ripped a few ships from ME3... Here is the first. I will post more later when I get them converted.

Offline Phoenix Bondi

• REMEMBER YOUR ORIGIN
  • Cookies: 575
  • Never Forget Your Origins
    • CHRIS JONES GAMING
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2014, 01:27:36 PM »
I've done the same with my bop too. And with stormbird. Just can't figure out how I want the head

Offline sovereign001

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2014, 06:52:59 PM »
Looks great! Would love to see them fighting against some borg cubes  :evil:

Offline deadthunder2_0

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2014, 11:24:28 PM »
Got some more! Sadly, the Destroyer is way to high poly to port... The rest should convert.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2014, 06:40:43 AM »
I still have sounds ripped from ME1,2 and 3 to cover for weapons sounds just as they did on that Turian frigate and both Normandies I ported ;)

Also because I already had those ships working, scripted and hardpointed, I could cover both ;)

Offline KrrKs

• Cookies: 25
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2014, 07:05:26 AM »
Just a thought, but wouldn't it be better to use the ME2 Kodiac and attach the eviscerators cannons to that?
The Me3 version has all the innards modelled; I think the ME2 model just covers the outside and maybe a bench in the back.
That should reduce the poly count and Areas that need to be textured drastically

Offline deadthunder2_0

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2014, 07:31:31 AM »
Just a thought, but wouldn't it be better to use the ME2 Kodiac and attach the eviscerators cannons to that?
The Me3 version has all the innards modelled; I think the ME2 model just covers the outside and maybe a bench in the back.
That should reduce the poly count and Areas that need to be textured drastically

I was thinking use MVAM to open the door. I can remove the interior on the closed version.

Offline Saquist

• Cookies: 24
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2014, 01:19:13 AM »
Wonderful.

I would appreciate high res orthos of the Sovereign and Destroyer if you can manage it....
It would be nice to see the Destiny Ascension too.