Author Topic: No Man's Sky  (Read 508 times)

Offline ShaunKL

• Cookies: 3
  • Semper Exploro
    • My YouTube Channel
No Man's Sky
« on: June 18, 2014, 11:37:57 AM »
OP ripped from Facepunch.

Quote from: Whiplash~;45121343

No Man's Sky is an upcoming sci-fi multiplayer exploration/survival game developed by Hello Games for PS4 & PC where players are given an infinite procedurally generated universe to explore.

You can fly seamlessly from the surface of a planet to another, and every star in the sky is a sun that you can visit.

Explore uncharted solar systems and catalogue unique new forms of life. Every planet?s landscape is different from the next, and populated by species never before encountered.

Is there a goal to the game?

? There is no story and the game is about the player's individual journey throughout the universe, however there is an underlying goal to reach the center of the galaxy, as each player
starts from the outskirt planets and you'll have to upgrade your ship to get there. There is also lore and an ominous "galactic menace" which haven't been revealed yet.

? Procedurally generated galaxy that will feature space stations, pirates, space battles, fleets, planets with their own eco systems, wild life and weather conditions.

? Realistically sized galaxy and planets.

? The game will feature dogfighting with space ships, first person action, exploration, resource gathering, trading and more

? AI wingmen to help you in combat situations.

? You can upgrade your spacesuit, ship and weapons. Be entirely combat-focused, become a pirate who raids freighters or upgrade your gear and explore, the choice is yours!

? You can go anywhere, from the nearest planets to the most distant stars and seamlessly land and explore planets' surfaces.

? As you discover new planets, wild life, plants etc. you can choose to upload this information for others to see or keep the information to yourself.

? Discover ancient artifacts that will reveal information about the galaxy.

? Every player starts on a different planet.

? To feasibly travel between solar systems, you will need a hyperdrive because the universe is so huge that you could literally drift for days.

(Source)

Official Website

Thanks for letting me know the forum was back up, guys.  I thought everyone died.

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
  • Cookies: 28
Re: No Man's Sky
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 01:54:29 PM »
That looks awesome.

Offline nxadam1701

• Cookies: 20
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 06:55:11 PM »
It's like all sci fi combined to one.

For a min I was like Avatar, then someone blasted a ship with pulse weapons then back on the planet we go, interesting.

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 07:59:07 PM »
Yep, between this, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Batman: Arkham Knight, it's gonna be an expensive year in 2015...gotta get a PS4. *sigh*

To Boldly Go...Again.