Author Topic: Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice  (Read 814 times)

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice
« on: June 19, 2014, 07:21:40 PM »
Well, it's still a ways away, but I personally cannot wait to see this movie.  I loved Henry Cavill as Superman in Man of Steel and I'm willing to give Ben Affleck and Gal Gadot the benefit of the doubt for Batman and Wonder Woman.  Not entirely sure about Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor or all the rumors about Cyborg and Aquaman(if these two are in, they shouldn't be focused on very much).  One thing I AM sure about though, and that's Affleck's Bat-suit and Batmobile.  The suit is very well done and looks more like the comics than the suit from Nolan's films(which I hated the suit in those) and the car looks like a car if you gave it the armor of a tank instead of just a tank.

Anyone else excited?

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
  • Cookies: 28
Re: Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 10:16:33 AM »
I really do like that car. I love Man of Steel, so have high hopes for this. Kinda wishing they went for a younger Batman, whereas they seem to have gone for one closer to the end of his career. Unless they skip a lot of time, it's be odd forcing him in there since there was no mention in Man of Steel.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 10:47:10 AM »
Nolan's bat suit looked awful only during daylight scenes in DKR, I liked the suit from Batman Begins more, looked so much better...

I do hope fighting scenes will be at least half the lenght as in Man of Steel, they were pretty boring and I couldn't care less watching the city being destroyed almost completely ...

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 09:58:24 PM »
I really do like that car. I love Man of Steel, so have high hopes for this. Kinda wishing they went for a younger Batman, whereas they seem to have gone for one closer to the end of his career. Unless they skip a lot of time, it's be odd forcing him in there since there was no mention in Man of Steel.
Why would there have been a mention of him?  And I don't think this is a Batman at the end of his career, just seasoned.  Also, Wayne Enterprises did have a small cameo.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 05:16:41 AM »
Zod came to Earth looking for Kal. "He looks like you, but he isn't one of you. Hand him over." And nobody went, "Hey, it must be Batman"?

The look of the new suit seems to draw quite a bit from The Dark Knight Returns.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2014, 07:48:19 AM »
nope, suit from Dark Knight Rises was much more modular, supposedly built from kevlar and some elastic weave as base for the suit, this one looks a little bit more like the suit from Arkham City

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2014, 11:40:28 AM »
nope, suit from Dark Knight Rises was much more modular, supposedly built from kevlar and some elastic weave as base for the suit, this one looks a little bit more like the suit from Arkham City

No, no, he was saying The Dark Knight Returns, the comic by Frank Miller.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2014, 12:35:29 PM »
oh, oh, I can see that now ;) thx ;)

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2014, 09:34:07 AM »
Our first picture of Superman for the movie.  I have noted a few differences in the suit, namely the texturing of it, the cuffs, and the faux "belt" are all definitely different.

Now if only they would show us Wonder Woman...

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2014, 09:46:19 AM »
I think that the shield has changed a bit as well. Is it me, or does he look or decade or two older?

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2014, 11:58:30 AM »
It changed slightly.  And not particularly.  I think it's just not a place we're used to seeing Superman standing in.  Pretty sure that's Gotham, not Metropolis.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline ShaunKL

• Cookies: 3
  • Semper Exploro
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2014, 09:45:42 PM »
It's all the weird photoshop they gunked on top of it.  I like how they changed my favorite part of the costume (the cut and fit of the shield).  Oh how I hope Wonder Woman isn't introduced with that much photoshop sludge over her.
Thanks for letting me know the forum was back up, guys.  I thought everyone died.

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2014, 06:59:43 AM »
Well, I think her official pic was photoshopped too, but still looks good!

http://i2.wp.com/batman-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/GalGadotWonderWoman.jpg

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2014, 10:00:41 AM »
I really do wish that they hadn't have given her heels. There are other ways of showing she's a woman. We could all name a couple. :p

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2014, 01:40:14 PM »
I really do wish that they hadn't have given her heels. There are other ways of showing she's a woman. We could all name a couple. :p

While I agree, at least they're more platformish than freakin stilettos like they(DC) keeps putting Batgirl in.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2014, 01:45:02 PM »
Indeed. Maybe they're getting the hint at last. xD