Author Topic: No Bridge Damage FX since KM 1.0 -1.1 Beta  (Read 523 times)

Offline Captain Galaxy

• C.Galaxy Mapper
  • Cookies: 8
  • Shoot first ask questions later
No Bridge Damage FX since KM 1.0 -1.1 Beta
« on: July 27, 2014, 06:26:47 AM »
Hi guys don't know if anyone can help me on this but I have played the first version of KM before 1.0 and up to 1.1 Beta which I currently use and ever since 1.0
There has been no bridge damage FX. I have all the settings enabled at ultra and have tried enabling and renabling to make this work but no change. Does anyone know a fix for this please.

Offline KrrKs

• Cookies: 25
Re: No Bridge Damage FX since KM 1.0 -1.1 Beta
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 01:06:42 PM »
AFAIK most/all of the custom bridges don't support damage FX.
The sovereign and Galaxy bridges should still have it, though

Offline Captain Galaxy

• C.Galaxy Mapper
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 09:27:49 AM »
AFAIK most/all of the custom bridges don't support damage FX.
The sovereign and Galaxy bridges should still have it, though
No even they don't have it. When I played KM 0.9 when it did work, even then the damage fx on the bridge was pretty cool to watch.
Just a shame that we have all these fine bridges but the damage fx does not work on them since KM 1.0.

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 03:48:31 PM »
Its most likely got something to do with the Nif node structure, IIRC there are Nif nodes on the stock bridges that are assigned to be damage effects particle emission points that the game uses.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 06:58:13 AM »
That would be the custom parts 3rd era team put over on stock models I guess, wasn't there additional effects like really thick smoke added with BP Gold ??

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 01:12:29 PM »
I also seem to remember something about a lot of the bridge damage effect being shut down by other mods due to compatability issues
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Captain Galaxy

• C.Galaxy Mapper
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 09:23:21 AM »
I also seem to remember something about a lot of the bridge damage effect being shut down by other mods due to compatability issues
Then I guess there is no way to view ingame the Bridge Damage FX with KM  1.0/1.1 Beta and its mods?

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 03:19:49 PM »
I seem to remember that you have to shut off a couple mods to get it back.  it's how I discovered that the "smoke" texture from the damage is the same one used for the sheild hits.  unfortunately, I haven't been able to BC for over a year, and can't remember a lot of stuff.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 04:24:52 PM »
At least we know the reason why it was switched off :P I can't imagine smoke on the bridge that looks like generations shield FX :D

Offline Captain Galaxy

• C.Galaxy Mapper
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2014, 08:41:37 AM »
I seem to remember that you have to shut off a couple mods to get it back.  it's how I discovered that the "smoke" texture from the damage is the same one used for the sheild hits.  unfortunately, I haven't been able to BC for over a year, and can't remember a lot of stuff.
That would explain why even when altering the Bridge FX Settings in KM you can't see the bridge damage fx.

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1077
    • Blackrook32's YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2014, 01:04:06 PM »
Hum, If memory serves, those effects were turned off for the final build of BP Core Gold. LJ wasn't satisfied with the smoke and fire FX.

" Fortune Favors the Bold "