Author Topic: another question  (Read 429 times)

Offline Flowrellik

• Cookies: 7
another question
« on: August 09, 2014, 08:26:06 PM »
OK! Seeing how my PC is windows 7 and not vista It looks like my 3ds max wont work on my PC (I have a copy of 3ds max 3.5). so far I found it possible to make conversions using Gmax of all sources and its a clean convert so far esp in nifskope. only problem I have is making an icon render. Gmax has no render software :P.
I need assistance bad for alternatives. Can anyone help me out here?

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
Re: another question
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 10:19:51 AM »
I actually found a cheap way to make icons with nifskope.

simply set up a plan view with nifskope, do a screen capture, then take the cap into some editing software.  crop a square centered over the ship, and drop it to the icon size (128) to use for the weapons placement.

I forget the trick I was using for UV's (i could ONLY use Gmax), but I know you can use nifskope itself to tweak existing UV's for better positioning.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 10:38:28 AM »
Yeah, nifskope works perfectly, even Model Property Editor will work the trick ;)

Offline Flowrellik

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 03:10:16 PM »
OK! So I got that handy. Now another problem.
the Model Property Editor wont load up the model :C. and when I chose whether or not to load hardpoint it just errors out and crashes.
All I did was resize the model and added 2 additional disruptors but this is ridiculous :C.
I did a model import by .3ds and saved via NifSkope

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 03:19:42 AM »
Nodes might have got messed up when you resized the model, you need to check if nodes are in order, try loading working model, look up the nodes and check if your model has everything right

Offline hobbs

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 09:47:38 AM »
I have a node hierarchy text doc that explains how to fix the nodes
Tiqhud gave it to me long ago. When I get home later ill post it.
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline Flowrellik

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 02:14:30 PM »
thank you very much.
Gotta say working with gmax is a bit different than regular 3ds max.
I've asked this because a test model I was working with, FOTAS's verison of the Ktinga class, was smaller than normal size Ktinga.

Offline hobbs

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2014, 05:40:13 PM »
thank you very much.
Gotta say working with gmax is a bit different than regular 3ds max.
I've asked this because a test model I was working with, FOTAS's verison of the Ktinga class, was smaller than normal size Ktinga.

i may be abel to help with Gmax though its been a while since i used it.
ok here is the node hierarchy:

node hierarchy instructions, try them.
Load nif into nif scope, by just double clicking on nif [you wish to work on]

in "Block List" on the left side

right click on 0 Ninode, come down to 'Block' click on Insert, got to NiN 'hover there
a new choice appears left click on NiNode.

Now, while 1 NiNode, is highlighted [got blue around it], do CRTL+UP button.
it should be + 1 NiNode , note the plus sign.

Go up to 0 NiNode, right click, came down to Node a new choice pops up ,right click on
"AttachProperty""  click on    NiZBufferProperty

Go up to 0 NiNode, right click, came down to Node a new choice pops up ,right click on
"AttachNode"    click on   NiNode

Stay at that NiNode, right click, came down to Node a new choice pops up ,right click on
'AttachProperty"  click on   NiTextureModeProperty

Stay at that NiNode, right click, came down to Node a new choice pops up ,right click on
'AttachProperty"  click on   NiVertexColorProperty

Now, come down to 5 NiNode, right click, come down to 'Block click on    Copy Branch.

Go up to second from top Ninode, right click, go down to Block, and click on    Paste Branch.

Now, come down to very last NiNode, right click, come down to   Block click on   Remove Branch.
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 08:50:52 AM »
I remember porting Mass Effect ships to BC and having issues with all these nodes :P got to admit it's really confusing to set it up properly when you're doing it for the first time ;)

Offline Flowrellik

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 08:57:41 PM »
O_O
ok um Im lost here now.
Mind making a vid on this so I know what exactly to do please? I never did gmax before so yeah.

Offline hobbs

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2014, 05:05:55 PM »
O_O
ok um Im lost here now.
Mind making a vid on this so I know what exactly to do please? I never did gmax before so yeah.

not sure how to do a vid showing that... but i will look into it :)