Author Topic: constant BSOD with BC  (Read 911 times)

Offline KrrKs

• Cookies: 25
Re: constant BSOD with BC
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2014, 06:55:53 AM »
Nah, the HPs should have nothing to do with it. More likely it's a faulty plugin of some sort.
Really, without a console printout, there is not much we can say/do.

Offline Flowrellik

• Cookies: 7
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2014, 03:19:02 PM »
Guess I can start from scratch. I know what ships to use so it should not be that bad.

Offline hobbs

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2014, 04:19:47 PM »
Guess I can start from scratch. I know what ships to use so it should not be that bad.

can you go to the logs folder and show us what it says in the most recent file?
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2014, 07:41:39 PM »
So I have to pretty much edit the hardpoints to WZ"s works then?

Sounds like you do. I've had to - through the years -  edit some of WZ's works but not that often. Usually everything worked fine for me... Then again, I have a pretty beefy system and I can load 50+ high poly/high-res texture ships at 1920x1200 and everything is totally smooth.

I'm not sure if that's exactly what you mean by the problems you've been having but if it is, maybe upgrade your video card and up your RAM?

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2014, 12:54:13 PM »
some of us got in the habit of automatically maintenence tweaking our installs.  i've also gone over some of the extra scripts with a Python editor that has the ability to spot the typos.

Hobbs has a point, though.  I got so used to spotting what the problems were through the console reports, and knowing by the reports alone where the problem was.  it turns out to almost ALWAYS be some sort of minor thing in a script.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Flowrellik

• Cookies: 7
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2014, 10:23:52 PM »
Im gonna go with Moed.
and yeah my PC now (before it was Emachine but that died now I have HP), even though its been 2-3 years, has been pretty reliable, ESP. with Bridge commander.
Now, I want to know, since some ships are "Carrier ships" and a majority of said ships is None other than Wicked Zombie, Phoenix Bondi and I think Gmunoz too, whats the best way to fix their hardpoint? I know deleting the carrier files themselves help but I want to know if there is additional things I can add on to this.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2014, 09:45:06 AM »
if I was fully active with my stuff, I'd pounce right now and tell you about what half the little problems are.  If I remember correctly, half the time, a carrier is calling for a craft that doesn't exist in ANYBODY's install.  there's also size issues, as I've found out.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet