Author Topic: dead link notification - Promellian battlecruiser pack?  (Read 326 times)

Offline Flowrellik

• Cookies: 7
dead link notification - Promellian battlecruiser pack?
« on: January 11, 2015, 12:07:56 PM »
yeah, um. I know its been a while but I've wanted to get this in the open. One of the ships for bridge commander, the Promellian battlecruiser pack, has a dead link. Does anyone happen to have a backup of this file? thank you in advance.

Offline CountTom

• Cookies: 0
RE: dead link notification - Promellian battlecruiser pack?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 12:47:40 AM »
Ironically, I have been going through BCFiles recently (for probably the third or fourth time now) downloading and archiving as many relevant files as I can, mainly because the filefront site seems that it is becoming increasingly unstable as time goes on and I would prefer that all of these things that people have done over the years didn't get lost forever, also I do this for personal reasons as some kind of release of Excalibur nears and I prefer to be ready to throw things at it for my own amusement :P.

Anyways, I too have run into this problem. Apparently the link for the Promellian ships is broken, dead, or whatever. I tried searching for it on just the gamefront part of the site and it simply does not exist. So, I imagine someone must've screwed it up at one point and it never got fixed which means it's probably lost on that site for good.

Baz was one of the creators and he is on here infrequently, I'm gonna try and message him and see if he still might have them on hand.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 06:03:29 AM »
the promellians probably went some time ago with the "so many downloads a month, or deleted" rule instituted at filefront.  since I was involved with SFRD at the time, I do have the files, most likely still in Beta form.  however, they've been trapped *snrk* on a dead computer for a couple years.  will have to find out whether or not baz actually does retain a copy.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline baz1701

• Cookies: 1434
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 06:41:22 AM »
Short answer is no. This is one of the few ships that I did not make back then for SFRD and Tiq had sourced the ship from elswhere and just helped port it for him. I might still have the model somewhere but none of the scripts as I did not beta this one.
Whatever knocks us back, can only make us stronger.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 07:43:06 AM »
Promellian is part of latest Kobayashi Maru so it won't be hard to extract it

Offline hobbs

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 04:53:11 PM »
i have the files i could zip them up?
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline baz1701

• Cookies: 1434
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2015, 04:28:00 AM »
I had the full mod in my archive and sent it Toms way last night.
Whatever knocks us back, can only make us stronger.

Offline CountTom

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2015, 09:17:34 AM »
I got the ships successfully in my email, thank you! :dance

I feel a little dumb because I didn't realize the ship was already in KM like someone pointed out, but as far as i can tell the green "klingon" version is not in KM anywhere so that is at least something that was gained from all this xD.

Thanks for going through all the trouble Baz, you are awesome :)

Offline Flowrellik

• Cookies: 7
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2015, 08:33:39 PM »
mind if you can send it my way too plz? Rellik2@live.com if you can. Thank you.