Author Topic: Request for modeller/texturer assistance on ST:Continuum  (Read 310 times)

Offline Nathanius

• Intriguing...
  • Cookies: 0
  • STC - Developer
Request for modeller/texturer assistance on ST:Continuum
« on: January 17, 2015, 05:16:32 PM »
G'day all!

I know this is going to ruin some of the surprise but I am looking for talented people interested in creating any number of the ships/textures in the following list for the Star Trek: Continuum mod. There is no active modeller or texturer on the team at the moment and everything that has gone into the mod since our last release has been generously donated from all corners of the online modding community.

For all ships source images and other resources are available as per Ex Astris or the partially completed model and textures in MS3D and obj formats

Any assistance would be immensely appreciated as we're wanting to do a release in February before Homeworld Remastered comes out and a final release with a full shiplist shortly after that before we turn our attention to converting everything to the remastered game and then on to a story campaign!

ENT ERA
1. Vulcan fighter

2. Vulcan Vah'Klas class ship

3. Vulcan Sh'Ran class ship - we have a placeholder for this, but it's poor quality

4. Vulcan D'kyr class ship (with MVAM auxiliary craft) - we have a good mesh for this but it's far too many polys to use in-game

5. Andorian destroyer (based on Valakian ship apparently)

6. Tellarite Warship (based on Arkonian Warship below)

7. Klingon fighter

8. Klingon K'toch bomber

9. Romulan fighter (similar to this Matt Jeffries design, but more tubular to match the Warbird)
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

Offline hobbs

• Cookies: 77
Re: Request for modeller/texturer assistance on ST:Continuum
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 10:46:11 AM »
is this for the Bridge Commander game or for Homeworld?
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1410
  • I make ships.
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 01:55:38 PM »
So is this the list of ships you need?  I won't be able to find the time to build new models for this, but if you want to convert any of my existing ships for use, you are welcome to do so.  Just credit the work.

Offline Nathanius

• Intriguing...
  • Cookies: 0
  • STC - Developer
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 03:13:23 PM »
Hi guys!

This is for Homeworld 2 yes, I've converted a few ships for use in the mod from Bridge Commander though so if it'll work in BC it can usually be made to work in HW2 as well ;)

And thank you DJ Curtis! There's no real time limit on getting these ships done (it's already too late for our February release anyway) I am really just wanting to see if anyone was interested in filling these gaps in so that they could be added in later for our release on the Remastered Homeworld 2. I will have a look through your existing work too! There's no doubt better quality meshes of yours for a few ships that we already have that we could swap out :)
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams