Author Topic: The Other UDK Experiment.  (Read 432 times)

Offline flarespire

• The one who breaks the cycle.
  • Cookies: 47
  • God Green God Dammit!
The Other UDK Experiment.
« on: March 17, 2015, 05:52:06 PM »
OK so this UDK experiment is also part of a long running college assignment I have been given, which ends sometime in late May or early June.

The Project is a functioning 2013 Tardis Console room built within the UDK (Unreal Engine 3). This is joint between me and Wiley. Originally I would have been making the model and textures myself, but after talking to Wiley (who got super hyped when I told him what I was doing) We both decided to work on it together, as it was still early days, I was allowed to modify my project so that Wiley could do the models and textures and that I could do everything else (lighting, sound, in engine animation etc...), which the college are OK with so long as I specify whose work is whose.

Apologizes for any frame lag or skipping, my machine isn't the most powerful and with a project like this running in play mode and running a screen capture program my system does like to freak out a little.

Here is a link to the progression blog I have been asked to keep: http://flarespire2014.tumblr.com/

This is also on Wiley's website: www.michaelwileyart.com/portfolio/independentprojects.htm

Here is how the project has gone so far (Warning, mass of progression YouTube videos incoming):
<-11/12/2014
<- 13/12/2014
<- 21/12/214
<- 19/01/2015
<- 22/01/2015
<- 07/02/2015
<- 17/03/2014 (Yeah I'm aware of the "Lighting need to be rebuild" message, that happens when I open the map sometimes, no idea why.)