Author Topic: 9th Fleet Roleplay still recruiting  (Read 629 times)

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
9th Fleet Roleplay still recruiting
« on: February 21, 2017, 02:49:53 PM »
It seems my old thread got eaten by the Great BCC Crash of 2017.

I said it before, but it's still true, we're in desperate need of more players due to some people dropping out, going on deployments, and just plain disappearing.  Currently we're running an espionage/tactical heavy campaign on a Defiant-class starship named the USS Tenacity, based out of Deep Space Nine.

If we can drum up enough interest, I'd love to restart our other campaign on the Ambassador-class USS Discovery, possibly as an Academy campaign centered around Sector 001.  At one point I even had plans to expand into a Stargate SG-1 game if we got enough people.

As it stands now, I barely have enough players to run a game on that small ship, and definitely need people to fill some key positions, like engineering and operations.

Anyone with experience with tabletop, forum based or PBEM roleplay games or likes writing stories will fit right in here.  The game I'm running is based on the old Last Unicorn Games Star Trek RPG using their "ICON" system, I'll explain the nitty-gritty rules to you when you sign up, but basically, you just have to write about what your character is doing in response to the scenario the Narrator or GameMaster presents, the game system is no-where near as complicated as D&D 5th edition.  I'll take care of the hard work, such as tests or rolls, and I'll help you figure out your character's skillset.   For the player, it's a lot like writing fanfiction.

If you're interested, shoot me a PM or post here, I'll get you fast tracked with the permissions you need to access the game on the 9th fleet forum.

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
Re: 9th Fleet Roleplay still recruiting
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 05:59:47 PM »
Does the 9th have a Discord Server?
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 08:35:39 PM »
We talked about getting one, but haven't decided yet.

Offline Offlithium

• Cookies: 2
  • BCC Member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 08:43:17 PM »
I've never been in a roleplay before, but it sounds quite interesting. How do I sign up?

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 08:52:23 PM »
Register on the forums at http://www.9thfleet.com/, read the recruiting thread and introduce yourself in the recruitment office.  My username there is Hunt, if you can PM me once you get on, I'll get you set up with group permissions.  Once that's all done, we can work together to set up your Player Character.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 02:07:18 PM »
9th Fleet forums are back up, the Roleplay game is still chugging along and we are still recruiting new RPers.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2017, 04:30:17 PM »
A lot has changed in 9th fleet in the last couple of months.  As Chief GameMaster and commander of our Roleplay Division, I'd like to start the new year off with a fresh Roleplay recruiting drive.  We are about to start rolling with a new mission, and we're still in need of new players.  Come on and join in on the adventure!

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Games
Re: 9th Fleet Roleplay still recruiting LAST CALL
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2021, 12:46:52 AM »
Well, as of last weekend, 9th fleet's roleplay game is no longer sustainable.  Unless we can get some new blood in the campaign, I'll be shutting it down at the end of the week, and probably leaving the fleet myself shortly thereafter.

If you have any interest at all in play-by-post roleplay and want to see this game continue, PLEASE PM ME!

This is the last call for 9th Fleet Roleplay.