Author Topic: MODDER Ship Scripts/HARDPOINT  (Read 478 times)

Offline sire01a

• Cookies: 2
MODDER Ship Scripts/HARDPOINT
« on: March 12, 2017, 04:05:18 AM »
What are if any are the conditions script ship difference and of Hardpoints?

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
Re: MODDER Ship Scripts/HARDPOINT
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 10:53:23 AM »
what are you asking?

Are you asking where the ship hardpoints are?
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline sire01a

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 07:36:43 PM »
Okay, sorry. Did not word that right. Okay, so in script ships say the Galaxy.py. This is the way I have it 10, 750.0, 15.0, 15.0, 500, 1000. So, how can you correspond the damages to the conditions in the Hardpoints. Like for an example the sensor array can look like it's gone, destroyed just a big black pit where there used to be a sensor array, but its only half way damaged according to readings.
And, no. I have no Idea where to find Hardpoints (daily dose or Sarcasm). LOL :funny

Offline KrrKs

• Cookies: 25
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 06:26:46 PM »
If I understand you correctly, you want to know how to change the 'hitpoints' of a ship's subsystem.
What you quoted are the Ship files values for visual damage.
The hitpoints are in the hardpoint files, in scripts\ships\Hardpoints.
To change e.g., the Galaxy's Sensor array hitpoints, you'd need to change the MaxCondition value of the
SensorProperty,  which is names 'SensorArray'  (display text: 'Sensor Array') in case of the stock Galaxy.

Offline sire01a

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 01:49:38 AM »
LOL ROFL
Okay, I know how to hardpoint... It's getting the "visual" damaging in the ship's scripts to correspond with the conditions or "hit points" in the HPs. To look as damaged as their conditions are. Example, Sensor Array: 12500, but say I've been in battle for awhile and lost half it's conditions. How to keep them from looking "GONE" when they're not?
Do I lower the the damage radius of weapons, love the damaging of the weapons, or raise the numbers on the ship's script damage control. Like stock it reads 400, 900. Change those like I tried, 500, 1000. Or to what conditions are like if all my systems are 12500 change the damaging to 6250, 12500?

Offline hobbs

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 07:58:43 AM »
Its tricky you need yo expeiment with tje burn and hole damamag perimeters in the script and a lot of ships weapons have large damage radius. Id start by using one of dj curtis ships or even sfrd ships like vanaheim as target practice and get the damage radius of the ship you want to fight to tje correct scale.

Look at the sfrd nx 266 and the sfrd silent enemy ships they are scaled corectly in regards to damage radius and damage textures. Unfortunately all ships seem to need different burn and hole values.
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline sire01a

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 07:41:35 PM »
Thank you.... I felt like I was talking backwards for a minute. But, it's the hole and burn values. I figured it was something in the ship and experimenting sometimes gets tedious especially after YEARS of Hardpointing to find some sweet-spot. Like big difference in say the radius for the Warbird's shield generator and say the Galaxy's. And I don't like the Radius so big that my Phasers and Torpedoes miss, or so small that I cannot breach the surface enough to reach them.