Author Topic: Star Trek Armada II - Replacing Hero Ships  (Read 623 times)

Offline ChiefBrex

• Cookies: 303
Star Trek Armada II - Replacing Hero Ships
« on: March 14, 2017, 04:39:20 PM »
Hey folks, does anyone know how to replace hero ships in Star Trek Armada II? Specifically, I'm trying to replace the Enterprise-E Sovereign class model with a much more accurate version. Even though I've replaced all the files and what not, the model ingame is the original, crappy Sovereign class model. Which makes no sense. If I overwrote the original SOD file, then shouldn't it pull the NEW textures and display the NEW model instead?

I'm confused....

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
Re: Star Trek Armada II - Replacing Hero Ships
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 03:58:26 AM »
Hey folks, does anyone know how to replace hero ships in Star Trek Armada II? Specifically, I'm trying to replace the Enterprise-E Sovereign class model with a much more accurate version. Even though I've replaced all the files and what not, the model ingame is the original, crappy Sovereign class model. Which makes no sense. If I overwrote the original SOD file, then shouldn't it pull the NEW textures and display the NEW model instead?

I'm confused....
I'm no Armada expert, but check if there are separate files for the Enterprise.  If I recall correctly, in stock BC the Enterprise uses a separate set of files from the Sovereign so that she's harder to kill and uses the correct NCC, I wouldn't put it past the Armada II devs to use the same trick.

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
Re: Star Trek Armada II - Replacing Hero Ships
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 08:58:18 AM »
I'm no Armada expert, but check if there are separate files for the Enterprise.  If I recall correctly, in stock BC the Enterprise uses a separate set of files from the Sovereign so that she's harder to kill and uses the correct NCC, I wouldn't put it past the Armada II devs to use the same trick.

Not entirely true.  They use the same model filepath, but I believe script wise you're right.
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric