Author Topic: BC Singleplayer Supermod V3.1 enhancement  (Read 555 times)

Offline don_quijote

• Cookies: 0
BC Singleplayer Supermod V3.1 enhancement
« on: April 18, 2017, 11:13:18 AM »
Hey guys,

three questions so far:

1. Is it possible to add planet textures bigger than 1024x1024 or is this hard coded? defining a texture bigger will result for me in fps slideshow and the planets just appering white, without showing the actual texture. Anyone an idea?

2. I can remember heavy conversations on filefront about ruined balancing with this smod, that makes some missions simply impossible to complete. Playing it again I can verify this problem. Some enemy ships seems to be way too overpowered which results in that ecsort missions are impossible to win because the ships ar faster destroyed than you can reach them. I can imagine that this could be fixed within some scripts?...any advice would be appriciated.

3. Did anyone ever tried a post processing injector like ReShade for BC?

don :Metal:

edit: sorry, please move to general modding section.

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
Re: BC Singleplayer Supermod V3.1 enhancement
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 08:56:10 AM »
You should be able to go beyond the 1024.  However, it will slow down your rig as you mentioned.

Not even sure we would be ABLE to add that to be honest,  everything is hard coded to the exe file
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1077
    • Blackrook32's YouTube Channel
Re: BC Singleplayer Supermod V3.1 enhancement
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 09:45:24 AM »
Hey guys,

three questions so far:

1. Is it possible to add planet textures bigger than 1024x1024 or is this hard coded? defining a texture bigger will result for me in fps slideshow and the planets just appering white, without showing the actual texture. Anyone an idea?

Yes, you can; but also be aware that BC can only handle planet texture, up to 2048x1024, it's the safest, IMO. Anything higher than 48? You run the risk of the texture not showing up in game. The example below is from my custom Pacifica/Beta Aridanii map...

2. I can remember heavy conversations on filefront about ruined balancing with this smod, that makes some missions simply impossible to complete. Playing it again I can verify this problem. Some enemy ships seems to be way too overpowered which results in that ecsort missions are impossible to win because the ships ar faster destroyed than you can reach them. I can imagine that this could be fixed within some scripts?...any advice would be appriciated.

Balance is relative. My advice, check out the Hardpoint modders like Starforce, El and Laurelin. Modify your own hardpoints. Those modders kept the best balance for their ships, IMO. So, from there you can gauge your install to your tastes.

3. Did anyone ever tried a post processing injector like ReShade for BC?

I have known modders to experiment with planet textures; like Cordanilus and Rob Archer. But, it depends on your graphic card. Plus, not everyone can process textures the same. Example below...

" Fortune Favors the Bold "