Author Topic: My "Art"  (Read 613 times)

Offline newhalo123

• Gamer, Trekkie, Metalhead.
  • Cookies: 211
My "Art"
« on: August 19, 2017, 01:22:58 AM »
Yeah, so, I fiddle around a lot in gim-I mean "photoshop". So, here's a thread for all the crap I make. I usually only make stuff when i'm bored to hell, and I always make way too many versions of the same thing, so, be prepared for stuff that looks the same but is subtly different.

Here is a link to my imgur albums. Whenever I have new stuff, the albums will be updated. feel free to have a browse: http://newhalo123.imgur.com/

I can almost guarantee that it'll be combadge or Ozzy related.

I'm making this topic because I'm bored. lol
Anyway. let us begin with the latest crap I've made. Further in the thread I might post the earlier, even crappier stuff.

I'll start with the Ozzy stuff I just made an hourish ago. These are also the first gifs I've made.
The all-fire one came first. Then I made the 16x9 deathly fog version. After that, I made the square fog version, to be used as an avatar.
I'd really like to know which version you guys like better. The all-fire, or the deathly fog version? My friends say they like the fog versions best. What do you think?

Next we have my latest combadge design. one is plain, the other is shiny or whatever. The plain one has a resolution of 21600x21600 because "why the F not". Normally, I like to have transparency in my images, like in the shiny version, but I, for some reason, never made a .png of the mega-high-res plain one, so no transparency. I could just make a .png version of it in 2 minutes, but, I'm lazy. lol

That is all for this post. Let me know what you think, even if you hate it, or you think it's crap! I can always try to take the criticism into account for the next thing. 
"Live long, and prosper." -Leonard Nimoy 'Spock' (1931-2015)

"Why, you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy looking nerf herder! " -Carrie Fisher 'Leia' (1956-2016)

Offline hobbs

• Cookies: 77
Re: My "Art"
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 05:32:05 AM »
very cool! ive never made a gif is there a program thats needed?

the ozzy one is very cool (as a side note I just got back from Bloodstock Festival it was great and ive seen ozzy back when i used to go to Download Festival. Awesome music! :Metal:)

maybe look into doing com badges for ALL races?
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline newhalo123

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 05:39:47 AM »
Thanks man! I just use Gimp. It can make gifs and everything.

I saw Ozzy at RockUSA last month. It was FUCKING AWESOME! :Metal: Ozzy is my favorite artist of all time.

An update, deathly ominous factor increased!

On the matter of combadges for all races, maybe in a long time. lol.

EDIT* Slightly darker ominousness

EDIT2* the most dark, depressing ominousness that I can muster!

"Why, you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy looking nerf herder! " -Carrie Fisher 'Leia' (1956-2016)

Offline newhalo123

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 07:02:10 AM »
Update #3.

Worked for like 2 minutes on my combadge, added a shadow.

Before:

After:

EDIT#1 Right, so, I'm gonna try doing some other race's insignia/symbol.
Starting with Klingon:

And one with a shadow added: (tiny edit, shadow was above the red glow. I put it under, like it's supposed to be)

Edit#2 Borg:

Offline newhalo123

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 09:57:24 AM »
again had no sleep, so got bored and made these:

LOL WOW COOL

Update #1
It would appear that I am a serious fan of the lava look in my art.
As always, first image is version 1, with the following images being variants.

Update #2. I have updated the OP with a link to my Imgur albums. You can take a browse through all my stuff, and know that when I have more updates, the albums will be updated.