Author Topic: Sheriff "Joe" Arpaio pardoned... WTH!!!  (Read 614 times)

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
Sheriff "Joe" Arpaio pardoned... WTH!!!
« on: August 29, 2017, 11:31:51 AM »
So last Friday, President Trump decided to pardon controversial Arizona Sheriff, Joe Arpaio.

Arpaio was convicted of contempt of court, for refusing to back down from "racially profiling" latinos. Frequently having them stopped in their vehicles, without breaking any laws, simply because they might be illegal immigrants. It's not the job of local Sheriff's stations to handle illegal immigration. That's the job of Border Patrol, and ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement).

He was scheduled to be sentenced on October 5th, and if given the maximum would serve 6 months in prison.

President Trump decided to circumvent the courts, by handing Arpaio a pardon, without him having sat 1 day in prison. Nobody disputes that the President has the power to pardon as he sees fit, but it's generally done when people have been in prison for many years, or to correct an injustice (innocent people wrongly incarcerated). It is not usually done, when the recipient of the pardon is a bigtime supporter and who shares many of your values and opinions. Arpaio, along with Trump were the forefathers of the "Birther movement" which frequently criticized President Obama as being non-American, and having a false birth certificate.

When asked, why he chose specifically to announce the pardon this past Friday (in the midst of Hurricane Harvey, bearing down on Texas), Trump said...

I assumed the ratings would be far higher than they would be normally.

Now, many on the right will no doubt call this comment out as being #FakeNews. Sadly, the above quote was taken verbatim.

This "President" is more concerned about ratings, and attendance at his rallies than actually being Presidential.
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
Re: Sheriff "Joe" Arpaio pardoned... WTH!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 11:10:21 PM »
I actually live in Arizona - in Maricopa County no less.  This pardon makes me feel spat on.

simply because they might be illegal immigrants
Illegal immigration has nothing to do with it; Arpaio is a flat out racist who hates Latinos.  Nothing more, nothing less.  One of his favorite things to do about 10 years ago was conduct "sweeps" in heavily-Hispanic areas (the town of Guadalupe in particular).  He'd have MCSO barge into businesses suspected of hiring illegal immigrants and arrest any Latino who couldn't provide some kind of proof of citizenship.  It was disgusting.

Every time he had to defend himself in a lawsuit, tax payers paid for his defense.  It was unlikely he'd ever see jail time on account of him being 85; but now he won't even have to pay a damn fine.  I suppose if there's any silver lining to this, it's the fact that accepting a pardon means admitting guilt, and that leaves him open to having to spend the rest of his life in civil court.

Fucker is on Twitter now asking for handouts to pay for his legal defenses.  His age can't catch up with him soon enough...

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 04:16:14 PM »
Fucker is on Twitter now asking for handouts to pay for his legal defenses.  His age can't catch up with him soon enough...

If people in Congress had any balls, him and the yellow turd in the White House would be sharing a 6 by 3 cell for the rest of their lives.
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 09:39:14 PM »
If people in Congress had any balls, him and the yellow turd in the White House would be sharing a 6 by 3 cell for the rest of their lives.
No kidding.  I mean how much of a lowlife do you have to be to not investigate 400 sex crimes because harassing brown people is a higher priority?  I'm just glad us real Arizonans finally outvoted the snowbirds and Sun City old farts and got his sorry ass out.

And since Donny just embarrassed the crap out of Bitch McConnell and Paul Ryan by making that debt ceiling deal with Democrats, his impeachment clock is getting closer to midnight.  :icon_lol: