Author Topic: KM 1.0 Install; Mods installed, but randomly disable/enable  (Read 736 times)

Offline laguardia528

• Cookies: 4
  • Inspiration comes to those who haven't got a clue
KM 1.0 Install; Mods installed, but randomly disable/enable
« on: September 14, 2017, 06:35:56 AM »
Hello! Recently booted BC back up for the first time in a few years (nephew wanted to see if a Cube could fight a Star Destroyer), and I am running a clean-ish install of Km 1.0 on Windows 7 (ish because of the additional mods installed). The first few simulations went fine, until I noticed that various mods were disabled despite the mutators still being active - specifically blind fire, the distress call addition, and various others. Played around with the mutator menu and I am able to make some reappear with vigorous enabling/disabling, tho not consistent results. Reinstalled from the cd, added the mods back in from my backups, and similar process - after a few rounds, mods just start turning off/on. I've attached a console dump, and am hoping there's a way to get the game to behave itself.

https://imgur.com/Nk6yEbM

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
Re: KM 1.0 Install; Mods installed, but randomly disable/enable
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 12:19:18 PM »
Hello! Recently booted BC back up for the first time in a few years (nephew wanted to see if a Cube could fight a Star Destroyer), and I am running a clean-ish install of Km 1.0 on Windows 7 (ish because of the additional mods installed). The first few simulations went fine, until I noticed that various mods were disabled despite the mutators still being active - specifically blind fire, the distress call addition, and various others. Played around with the mutator menu and I am able to make some reappear with vigorous enabling/disabling, tho not consistent results. Reinstalled from the cd, added the mods back in from my backups, and similar process - after a few rounds, mods just start turning off/on. I've attached a console dump, and am hoping there's a way to get the game to behave itself.

https://imgur.com/Nk6yEbM
Judging by the console dump it seems like there might be a bad carrier file from one of the ships you installed.  Does this happen after you play as one of the ships you added?  You mentioned a Star Destroyer - those Star Wars ships are older than most mods for BC and may not have been setup to modern standards.

Offline laguardia528

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 02:48:12 AM »
That makes a distressing amount of sense, I don't suppose there's a more definitive way to narrow down which ships are corrupted?

Offline Morgan

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 12:59:52 PM »
That makes a distressing amount of sense, I don't suppose there's a more definitive way to narrow down which ships are corrupted?
Just trial and error I'm afraid.  Honestly what I would do is simply delete the .py's and .pyc's of any carrier files that came with non-KM ships you added, and just remake them using BCUT if you want to still have them.

Hope this helps!

Offline laguardia528

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 06:31:22 PM »
Redid the clean install, and the console is now prompting me with "Outdated Foundation", even tho the KM checker says everything is up to date, I'm gonna check the dropbox to see if there's a more updated version of foundation, and see if I still have any issues. Thank you for your help!

Offline Morgan

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 06:47:08 PM »
Redid the clean install, and the console is now prompting me with "Outdated Foundation", even tho the KM checker says everything is up to date, I'm gonna check the dropbox to see if there's a more updated version of foundation, and see if I still have any issues. Thank you for your help!
The most up-to-date version is included with BCUT (most recent release is 1.8.1 in the downloads section - KM uses the most recent version as well).  The "Outdated Foundation" message is always there no matter what version you're running so don't worry about it :)

Happy to be of help!  Don't hesitate to post if you have any more questions!