Author Topic: Bridge Commander downloads archive located!  (Read 1545 times)

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
Bridge Commander downloads archive located!
« on: October 07, 2017, 03:51:30 PM »
Some very kind soul at Nexusmods may have saved us some aggravation.  they have the archived collection of filefront's hosted BC mods.  look for the bridge Commander section at nexus mods.

on another note, I may also have a number of lost mods, as well. if I can get to my previous harddrive, and if i hasn't been wiped by a cleaning program *crosses fingers*, it would include the following
most, if not all, of SFRD's mod run, including Tiq's various star systems
most of Vladko's mod run
a sizable collection of both Baz and Wiley's mod runs including the following
     Baz' JJ ship pack
     Wiley's Kelvin era pack
     Baz's JJ refitprise.
     Baz's take on Nero's ship
     Wiley's Son'a battleship and Kroenerprise
     BOTH versions of the Probert Ambassador
     Baz's refit pack, including open shuttlebay and detachable saucer refit!
     Baz's Qo'noS 1
Phoenix's TOS ship pack and USS Strider
a Constitution, D7, and connie refit pack
x_Unknown_X's Reimagined Kessoks, including space station.
both a Star Wars and Stargate ship pack
the redone Planets defined as stations, with glows, etc
the multitargeting script
and a selection of ZZ, WZ, and even old P81 mods

EDIT: note; the filefront archive was saved by user "GameFrontArchiver" 26 May, 2016, and may contain the surviving filefront mods from around that point, so some things may be missing

OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Flowrellik

• Cookies: 7
Re: Bridge Commander downloads archive located!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 12:01:49 AM »
Is there a blind firing script in the mix too, because I lost that mod and I can't find it in nexus

Offline FekLeyr Targ

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 537
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 09:02:04 AM »
If the files still exist on your HDD, I'd be happy to see them re-uploaded. :)

Is there a blind firing script in the mix too, because I lost that mod and I can't find it in nexus

I'm not sure whether or not that one was ever released separetely. However, "Kobayashi Maru" still has it. :)
TaH pagh, Tah be.

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 10:14:49 AM »
Some very kind soul at Nexusmods may have saved us some aggravation.  they have the archived collection of filefront's hosted BC mods.  look for the bridge Commander section at nexus mods.

on another note, I may also have a number of lost mods, as well. if I can get to my previous harddrive, and if i hasn't been wiped by a cleaning program *crosses fingers*, it would include the following
most, if not all, of SFRD's mod run, including Tiq's various star systems
most of Vladko's mod run
a sizable collection of both Baz and Wiley's mod runs including the following
     Baz' JJ ship pack
     Wiley's Kelvin era pack
     Baz's JJ refitprise.
     Baz's take on Nero's ship
     Wiley's Son'a battleship and Kroenerprise
     BOTH versions of the Probert Ambassador
     Baz's refit pack, including open shuttlebay and detachable saucer refit!
     Baz's Qo'noS 1
Phoenix's TOS ship pack and USS Strider
a Constitution, D7, and connie refit pack
x_Unknown_X's Reimagined Kessoks, including space station.
both a Star Wars and Stargate ship pack
the redone Planets defined as stations, with glows, etc
the multitargeting script
and a selection of ZZ, WZ, and even old P81 mods

EDIT: note; the filefront archive was saved by user "GameFrontArchiver" 26 May, 2016, and may contain the surviving filefront mods from around that point, so some things may be missing

This is the first time you heard about this? Back when Filefront was shutting down Nexus took upon themselves to archive the whole Filefront not just BC.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/news/12810/
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 11:29:37 AM »
yes, actually. when my computer crashed in August of 12, i was out of circulation for quite a while.  when I returned to regular computer use, it was as an MMO player and SL participant, where I put my modding and creation skills to use.  upon acquiring a 360 for the first time and playing through the Fallout series, I learned that they used the same model and texture format as BC, and that there were PC versions.  intrigued, I looked things up, and found out about the nexusmods website.  I had never heard of the site before that point, having spent years on either DSL or dialup grade internet connections.

Jimmy was the one who suggested I create this thread for people who missed it, like me.

Flowerllik: i seem to remember something about it being in progress back in the day, but that could be me.

research so far has revealed that only a few modders have lost material due to the 'minimum download count' rule.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline angryandorian

• Cookies: 5
  • Prepare for the future...
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 09:43:02 PM »
If your drive does have SFRD's and Phoenix's stuff, then you're a hero. :bow: A lot of their stuff didn't make it to nexus or any other website and I feared it was lost forever. 

Offline hobbs

• Cookies: 77
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 06:05:34 AM »
If your drive does have SFRD's and Phoenix's stuff, then you're a hero. :bow: A lot of their stuff didn't make it to nexus or any other website and I feared it was lost forever.
I also should have sfrd ships etc...plus some of phoenix stuff like his awesome ds9 vorcha
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 10:15:34 AM »
angryandorian: actually, I spent a lot of yesterday going over nexusmod's rescued archive, and the only ones that lost any mods to the download limit purge were me and Vladko!  and even then, vladko's Proxima refits are still there.  hell, Cyanide's Arsenal class is still there, Bone's Krakow and ship pack are still there, and so is every Rick Knox P81.  and I only lost ONE mod.  even my Dxorac is still in the romulan pile.

I only have Nix' stuff because I helped Beta them

Vladko has effectively given me control of his ship catalogue.  once I get my stuff together, I wanna work on improving his quirky Dio class guitar ships.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline angryandorian

• Cookies: 5
  • Prepare for the future...
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 12:55:34 PM »
There were some late releases by SFRD that I don't seem to find anywhere. There was a Vor'cha (which might be the same one by Phoenix hobbs is mentioning) and some Enterprise era Klingon ships (D5, D5 tanker, Raptor scout). There were also a pack of tholian ships and gorn ships, inspired by Star Trek Remastered, and the warp ship with rocket boosters from Enterprise. Can't seem to locate that stuff, but at least its good to know some people might possibly have it.   :yay:

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 03:31:02 PM »
the ent klingons ring a bell.  I may have those.  we did do some tholians to release with the promellian system (which seems to be missing)

note that tiq and I did some basic simple stuff, and just before he passed, i was more or less working with hobbs; tiq was in no shape.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline ProfessorX

• Cookies: 2
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2017, 07:10:37 PM »
the ent klingons ring a bell.  I may have those.  we did do some tholians to release with the promellian system (which seems to be missing)

note that tiq and I did some basic simple stuff, and just before he passed, i was more or less working with hobbs; tiq was in no shape.

Any update on the Enterprise era Klingons? I've been looking for them myself.

Offline sire01a

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2017, 08:44:47 PM »

A Few SFRD - Not the Ambassador. But, I find that a lot of new stuff (Toward the End of FileFront) never made it to NEXUS.

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2017, 01:01:18 PM »
the archive material that was ported over to nexusmods was  retrieved after the second purchase of Filefront when the purchasing company instituted the popularity purge.  a good deal of archives have been lost from that version.
I myself have no downloads on my personal harddrive from after August '12 when my maintenance scanners decided to tag my win32.

take a look in the dropbox link provided elsewhere on the site.  sier01a, however, is correct.  only TWO SFRD items and one SFSY survived the popularity purge.  baz and wiley have lost several mods apiece, and I believe Cyanide has completely disappeared from the nexus archives!  only ONE modder has survived the purge, and that is Candle86's sole mod.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline ProfessorX

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2017, 07:16:03 AM »
the archive material that was ported over to nexusmods was  retrieved after the second purchase of Filefront when the purchasing company instituted the popularity purge.  a good deal of archives have been lost from that version.
I myself have no downloads on my personal harddrive from after August '12 when my maintenance scanners decided to tag my win32.

take a look in the dropbox link provided elsewhere on the site.  sier01a, however, is correct.  only TWO SFRD items and one SFSY survived the popularity purge.  baz and wiley have lost several mods apiece, and I believe Cyanide has completely disappeared from the nexus archives!  only ONE modder has survived the purge, and that is Candle86's sole mod.

You might check my Mediafire I posted in another thread. I know there are several mods by Baz and Wiley there. There should also be SFRD and SFSY stuff in there. Most of what I have would date from 2013 or late 2012.

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2017, 06:50:51 AM »
You might check my Mediafire I posted in another thread. I know there are several mods by Baz and Wiley there. There should also be SFRD and SFSY stuff in there. Most of what I have would date from 2013 or late 2012.

*chuckle* that's why I offered my own personal achives, as I'm what's left of the SFRD team, and have betaed and developed most of the material.  I also saved every mod I downloaded (some of which are still in their pre release format).  i also effected repairs on several mods that I was about to issue, was about to send out my own beta, and was in mid alpha of a ship as well.

the dropbox posted here contains a full shot of mods as well.  it seems to be only the nexusmods version that's missing things.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline Rob Archer

• Cookies: 545
  • New Frontier MKVI
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2017, 10:31:55 AM »
I've got an archive of BC files prior to when it went down 4,893 files in total

Thinking about it, it might just be the one that's already hosted here.  :hithead: