Author Topic: New Projectile Script Error.  (Read 1073 times)

Offline sire01a

• Cookies: 2
New Projectile Script Error.
« on: November 19, 2017, 05:27:54 AM »
Seriously, I've been Hardpointing for years! And One thing I've always used was Notepad for Projectile. Now, When I save it, it changes everthing to it. As an Example I'll try to attach. But, when it screws it up, this ship doesn't even use it anymore, instead Diamond Projectiles kicks in. And I assure you everything is correct, right down to the spelling of both the Projectiles and the entry of such Projectiles in the ship. Ok, can't find where I can insert anything. So, here. And there is no scroll to go down to the rest. It just completely changes the whole thing.

Code: [Select]
################################################################################ Filename: RomulanCannon.py# # Confidential and

Proprietary, Copyright 2000 by Totally Games# # Script for filling in the attributes of disruptor blasts.# # Created: 8/28/01 -

Evan Birkby###############################################################################import

App################################################################################ Create(pTorp)# # Creates a Romulan Disruptor Cannon Blast.#

# Args: pTorp - the "torpedo", ready to be filled-in# # Return:

zero###############################################################################def Create(pTorp): kOuterShellColor = App.TGColorA()

kOuterShellColor.SetRGBA(0.043137, 0.141176, 0.082353, 1.000000) kOuterCoreColor = App.TGColorA() kOuterCoreColor.SetRGBA(0.658824,

1.000000, 0.752941, 1.000000) pTorp.CreateDisruptorModel(kOuterShellColor,kOuterCoreColor, 1.0, 0.1) pTorp.SetDamage( GetDamage() )

pTorp.SetDamageRadiusFactor(0.075) pTorp.SetGuidanceLifetime( GetGuidanceLifetime() ) pTorp.SetMaxAngularAccel( GetMaxAngularAccel() )

pTorp.SetLifetime( GetLifetime() ) # Multiplayer specific stuff.  Please, if you create a new torp # type. modify the SpeciesToTorp.py file to add

the new type. import Multiplayer.SpeciesToTorp pTorp.SetNetType (Multiplayer.SpeciesToTorp.DISRUPTOR) return(0)def GetLaunchSpeed(): return

(150)def GetLaunchSound(): return("Romulan Cannon")def GetPowerCost(): return(75)def GetName(): return("Cannon")def GetDamage():

return 750def GetGuidanceLifetime(): return 1.5def GetMaxAngularAccel(): return 0.075def GetLifetime(): return 1.5

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
Re: New Projectile Script Error.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 01:32:38 PM »
Please use code tags, this makes the code unreadable.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline sire01a

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 04:12:17 PM »
I tried looking for that, but seriously. THAT was the way the Romulan Cannon Script, Photon Torpedo and so forth looked as soon as I hit save. As it appears in this post... It appears in script.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 05:32:36 PM »
code tags added
not linear though, tough to read still

can you post a screenshot of the console report instead of copy/pasting it?
or just upload the console text log?

Offline sire01a

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 05:49:42 PM »
I looked in "Attachments and other options". But, no options for actually inserting attachments.
Quantum Torpedo. As I see it here... IS HOW I SEE IT IN NOTEPAD  :banghead: !! Somehow it's changing the format on me as soon as I click save. I'm tired of overriding the script from somewhere in by backups, do over just to still get this. Wait, BCUT 8.1 is fine, but that whole starting from script root folder every time to open and save, instead of the one click save I have with notepad.
Code: [Select]
import Appdef Create(pTorp): kCoreColor = App.TGColorA() kCoreColor.SetRGBA(222.0 / 255.0, 222.0 / 255.0, 255.0 / 255.0, 1.000000) kGlowColor = App.TGColorA() kGlowColor.SetRGBA(61.0 / 255.0, 100.0 / 255.0, 255.0 / 255.0, 1.000000) kFlareColor = App.TGColorA() kFlareColor.SetRGBA(80.0 / 255.0, 125.0 / 255.0, 255.0 / 255.0, 1.000000) pTorp.CreateTorpedoModel( "data/Textures/Tactical/Torpedo Core.tga", kCoreColor, 0.20, 2.0, "data/Textures/Tactical/Torpedo Glow.tga", kGlowColor, 1.0, 0.2, 0.4, "data/Textures/Tactical/Torpedo Flares.tga", kGlowColor, 45, 0.35, 0.5) pTorp.SetDamage( GetDamage() ) pTorp.SetDamageRadiusFactor(0.15) pTorp.SetGuidanceLifetime( GetGuidanceLifetime() ) pTorp.SetMaxAngularAccel( GetMaxAngularAccel() ) # Multiplayer specific stuff. Please, if you create a new torp # type. modify the SpeciesToTorp.py file to add the new type. import Multiplayer.SpeciesToTorp pTorp.SetNetType (Multiplayer.SpeciesToTorp.QUANTUM) return(0)def GetLaunchSpeed(): return(50)def GetLaunchSound(): return("Quantum Torpedo")def GetPowerCost(): return(150)def GetName(): return("Quantum")def GetDamage(): return 1500def GetGuidanceLifetime(): return 7.5def GetMaxAngularAccel(): return 0.15

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 06:30:56 PM »
Sire.... please turn wordwrap off on notepad....

I also suggest you download and install notepad++
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline sire01a

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 07:20:19 PM »
Starting with a good torpedo I turned off word wrap, made it worse, then I clicked it back on then looked as you all see it. So, I already downloaded and installed notepad ++ . I think it's a problem with notepad. Especially when using BCUT was fine, process of ELIMINATION. And as a side question, has anyone ever solved the problem of game crashing when enemy ship explodes, or "rather about to"? It even happens sometimes when you shoot a plasma stream.

BCUT 8.1
PATCH 1.1
COPY ALL MPE SCRIPTS PY REMOVE READONLY
BCUT 8.1 FOUNDATION - ALL OPTIONS
NANOFX 2.0 AND FIX SPECULARS
quickbattle23
qbautostart0.9.1
BCS_The_Beginning_v1.0
diamondbc_redistributeshields
diamond projectiles (really just called "projectiles")
addship0.4
djcubesscrollingmutaorspak
redistribute_shieldsv1
reload_all_torpedoes
shieldpercentages0.1
QUICKBATTLE.PY FROM NANOFX 9.1
And all Sounds, projectiles, cursors, arrows, tactical textures/shields, ships - - So on.
Right click Bridge Commander - Turn off Read Only again- Take ownership. Install 4gb_patch.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2017, 09:25:16 PM »
dude, you should just start over lol that looks like alot of mods all mixed together (not trying to seem rude by saying), there is a greater risk of troubles the  more mods an install has (believe me, i know - ive had several dozen different BC installs through the last 15 years lol :))

BC, BC patch, KM, BP Core, any other scripts not in KM, Bridges, Ships, etc (in that order)...
KM has most of the mods (if not all) that you listed all working together perfectly in one bundle, much easier that way...
unless if you absolutely would not prefer a KM-based install (some people dont, it's ok) the order of install is kinda important then...

i would recommend starting up a new build of BC and proceed from there...
i have always found it kinda fun to start a new install and rebuild it, things go much more smoothly and alot learned each time i have...
ask alot of questions along the way of what to do next after something added - we'll walk you thru it step by step, no problem :)

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2017, 10:39:02 AM »
Can you post the actual .py so we can download and take a look?  Whatever is up with the way it's being copy/pasted here is making it way too difficult to read and troubleshoot.

Also, we will need a console dump to help us track down the issue.

Offline sire01a

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2017, 05:54:38 PM »
I got the notepad thing fixed with the Projectiles, especially since opening Hardpoints is no problem and using Notepad++. But still, I've still out of habbit been right clicking and going straight for Notepad, no further problems. And with the crashing with my "many mods"... Sometimes it will play games after games, explosions one on one to addship a couple of times. But sometimes I'll start up the game, go one on one, go in for the kill, straight line for the Belly (Warp Core) one little notch of condition fire a phaser or torpedo (preferably a Torpedo) and the second it's going to hit and explode. "BC Has Stopped Responding, Windows will Check for a Solution to this problem...." BLAH- BLAH- BLAAAAH.
I used to blame the Problem on "THE BEGINNING" but then took it off, in other words I reinstalled, leaving it off and it started happening again so I backed it up using BCUT and added it back on, the first battle I targetted to destroy a plasma stream and (BLAA- BLAA- BLAAA) Oh, and when I get a log on it. Deleted since then. The last sentence is always something about reading or creating the splash radius for whatever ship, but I guess crashes before it could completely tell the final word on it. It's Happens on all ships. Just seems to be a random thing.

Offline sire01a

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2017, 07:37:58 PM »
Can you post the actual .py so we can download and take a look?  Whatever is up with the way it's being copy/pasted here is making it way too difficult to read and troubleshoot.

Also, we will need a console dump to help us track down the issue.

It wasn't the fact of Copy/paste. Because as you see it here is exactly as you would see it when you save/reopen in notepad. Once I click save, it changed the format of the script or something. But, now it's okay... Somehow.

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2017, 08:01:17 PM »
As people mentioned please use at least notepad ++ when editing py files, never notepad. Think of it as a bad habit.

then. The last sentence is always something about reading or creating the splash radius for whatever ship, but I guess crashes before it could completely tell the final word on it. It's Happens on all ships. Just seems to be a random thing.

Sounds like a problem with nanofx explosion fx. Try disabling that, also from BCS:TB try disabling vent plasma as well to see if that helps.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline sire01a

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2017, 07:41:19 PM »
But, that's taking out everything cool about the game. But, as a test. I stated over and installed nanofxandpr, nfxnqbr, qbautostart0.9.1 and all that, so it still looks like normal install, addship0.4, shield percentages, redistribute_shieldsv1 so on, it has been working flawlessly, even faster. I think the game's engine can't cope with NanoFx 2.0, or I changed the ExpFX script and forgot. I do that sometimes.
And, game's engine... Not mine.  :thumbsup: