Author Topic: "Welp, this is gonna f***ing suck."  (Read 627 times)

Offline newhalo123

• Gamer, Trekkie, Metalhead.
  • Cookies: 211
"Welp, this is gonna f***ing suck."
« on: November 21, 2017, 05:44:41 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/21/technology/fcc-net-neutrality.html

Here's the reddit thread about it (my source of the article, and the source of this post's title): https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/7ej943/fcc_announces_plan_to_repeal_net_neutrality/?sort=top.

I gonna say feel free to speak your mind about this. Swear if you want, scream if you want. This is gonna fucking suck.

And to any mods/Devs who think that saying fuck in the title of this post is wrong or something, all I gotta say is that I don't want to censor my thoughts. Because that's what this whole clusterfuck is gonna lead to. I oppose censorship, and in this case, you'd only be aiding the fuckheads who think repealing Net Neutrality is a good idea. In this case, I think it is justified, and I think it is required.
"Live long, and prosper." -Leonard Nimoy 'Spock' (1931-2015)

"Why, you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy looking nerf herder! " -Carrie Fisher 'Leia' (1956-2016)

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
Re: "Welp, this is gonna f***ing suck."
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 05:50:07 PM »
Moved this over to the political discussion and edited the "fuck" out of the title - but since this forum is more adult-oriented don't feel like you need to censor your actual posts; just be careful with the title.

I'm gonna seriously think about joining any riots that start from this. I'm not a violent person, but, this might push me over the edge.
Definitely don't want anyone advocating violence here.  Protest it by all means, but do so peacefully.

As for the topic at hand:  Fuck everything about Net Neutrality repeal.  This is absolutely terrifying.

Offline newhalo123

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 06:42:24 PM »
Moved this over to the political discussion and edited the "fuck" out of the title - but since this forum is more adult-oriented don't feel like you need to censor your actual posts; just be careful with the title.
Definitely don't want anyone advocating violence here.  Protest it by all means, but do so peacefully.

As for the topic at hand:  Fuck everything about Net Neutrality repeal.  This is absolutely terrifying.
Literally didn't even realize that there was a political subsection on the forum. lol

And I'm gonna edit that one bit out, because reasons.

We need to rise up against this. Now, me saying "rise up" doesn't necessarily mean in a violent way. Just that this is gonna be huge, and we need to come together to fight this.

"Why, you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy looking nerf herder! " -Carrie Fisher 'Leia' (1956-2016)

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 06:56:37 PM »
And I'm gonna edit that one bit out, because reasons.
It's ok to get heated and advocate for change!  Just know where the line is  :wink:

We definitely need to considering what is happening in our government now.  It's gone far beyond arguing about what programs to fund or what tax policy is best.  It's gone straight into territory that only a few years ago sounded tinfoil hatty...

We need to rise up against this. Now, me saying "rise up" doesn't necessarily mean in a violent way. Just that this is gonna be huge, and we need to come together to fight this.

I don't know if you're familiar with the ResistBot.  All you have to do is text "Resist" to 50409, and follow the instructions that are texted back to you.  You can use it to write to your elected officials and tell them what's on your mind.  Let them know you're a constituent, and that you vote, and that you'll remember how they vote on issues that are important to you at the ballot box.

I'm thinking another Internet blackout may be necessary to stop this, however.  Remember how that killed SOPA back in 2012?  It's a nuclear option but it may be necessary.

Offline newhalo123

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 12:43:20 PM »
why was this moved back to spam/general discussion?

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 12:49:38 PM »
because it was in the Political Forum, which had only had 6 posts in several months...  i deleted that forum and moved its threads here...

topics of a political nature can be done in this forum...