Author Topic: Faulty textures on BC Supermod 3.0  (Read 602 times)

Offline Vlaxep

• Cookies: 0
Faulty textures on BC Supermod 3.0
« on: December 21, 2017, 07:04:54 PM »
Gday there,

Just installed fresh BC with 1.1 patch and Supermod 3.0

The textures on the included SNS Galaxy are not showing correctly. Registries are way off centre and very low res, as well as the deflector dish not displaying, it seems covered up by some random overlapping grey texture.

Also damage to ships and asteroids etc. suffers from the disappearing effect. ie. parts of ships disappear completely rather than showing nice damage effects, and then phaser fire straight through the target via the 'holes' created by the disappearing parts.

Please help, its ruining the fun factor as every time is see it I want to vomit. I remember this happening years ago but ca't remember whether there was a fix for this or not.

CHeers,
Vlax

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
Re: Faulty textures on BC Supermod 3.0
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 08:04:59 PM »
Hope my suggestion in the BCC group page on Facebook helped, but, the fix is simply to A. turn the SDT mutator on, and B. Go to the SharedTextures directory and delete any of the Galaxy Class textures there.
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline Vlaxep

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 11:18:43 PM »
Ok thanks for the reply Eclipse I will try that.

Have installed the Skinning/Damage Tool and Mutator option, however I still experienced the same texture issue. Will report back on deleting the files you mentioned.

Offline Vlaxep

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 11:25:27 PM »
Unfortunately this still did not work, and no change to the registry or deflector appearance

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 09:43:28 AM »
All you need to do is move the registry textures for the SNS Galaxy into the shared textures folder and rename them to what the stock versions were (Dauntless.tga, Venture.tga, etc).  That will fix the issue.