Author Topic: Which mod is best experience for Campaign?  (Read 831 times)

Offline Vlaxep

• Cookies: 0
Which mod is best experience for Campaign?
« on: December 21, 2017, 07:07:38 PM »
Hi,

Currently just started using Supermod 3.0 to play through campaign. I'm just wondering whether the concensus is that this is the best mod to play through the campaign with? I know other break the campaign, but I'm finding this mod not as great as I thought it would be, just not as spectacular looking IMO. So are there any more updated mods or better?

Vlax

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
Re: Which mod is best experience for Campaign?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 09:52:03 AM »
Supermod was the last major single player mod released.  We did have an updated SP mod but we ran into a lot of problems that we're trying to iron out.  For now, Supermod is the way to go.

Moved to BC General as well.

Offline CMDR CHESS

• Cookies: 3
  • "With the first link, the chain is forged..."
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 07:09:35 AM »
I use this mod for it's consistency in ships. Using the SNS Galaxy and Akira, then the Kitbashing used on the Nebula Class makes the consistent use of the models while using ship IDs. The Hardpoints in balancing need work. But, make those how you would find more sensible to you within the confines of the program. I have tried other ships from other modders and creators, and have always come back to these. The hardpoints and models are also used in DS9fx. But the Models in DS9FX are altered in a way I have not been able to modify. But their Hardpoints for modifications are great for personal changing. Use the Supermod for the models and DS9FX for the the hardpoints.. Those that made 2048 ships look great, those who made NanoFX 2.0B, those also look great the KM great, with crashes: So, too much on the program, therefor made too many instability issues on the whole thing. Overly ambitious on a program too weak to hold it all. They should have just created a whole new game. Lower Conditions and weapon's damaging. The Biggest issue I see are from those who see their ship look far more damaged that their conditions read, so too high on expectations.

Offline Wintersfrost

• Cookies: 1
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 02:28:08 PM »
I have not visited this forum in years and I cannot access my old account. But I am back and I believe BC Supermod 3.0 had a stable SP campaign. Not turning off mutators in mods like KM would cause a crash. In my experience, it would also crash at a very late stage in the game. I don't believe you could save either. So, if you experienced a crass w/o being able to save, it was a MU/TH/UR.

In addition, not turning off mutators would also cause a crash.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 10:10:23 PM »
try BCSP - there are three folders available because i am not sure how to package it up properly...
it is the Data, Scripts and Sfx folders...
try creating a new install, patch it to 1.1 and then copy/paste BCSP's 3 folders into that new mod and see if that works...
not too many people really tested it out and some had hiccups but it does work perfectly on my end...

http://www.bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,10564.0.html

Offline JimmyB76

Offline Wintersfrost

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2020, 11:41:14 AM »
Hmmm, when firing up BC remastered for the first time, the resolution expanded beyond the display borders. So I edited options.cfg for 1600x900 and fullscreen in notepad++. But the game will crash and I get a D3D render creation error. If I don't run it in fullscreen, the videos are very small and the game is boxed to one corner of my display. Stock BC runs normally in fullscreen at 1024x768.

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2020, 02:18:53 PM »
please post this error in vonfrank's thread, he will likely see it sooner there...

http://www.bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,10697.0.html

Offline Wintersfrost

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2020, 04:09:38 PM »
Done