Author Topic: Some Mods and Sound Not Working  (Read 678 times)

Offline G1Convoy777

• Cookies: 0
Some Mods and Sound Not Working
« on: December 24, 2017, 10:20:15 PM »
Hay I need Help here for some reason some Mods and Sounds are not working at all manly all the TOS Ships have no Weapon Sounds for the Photons and Phaser banks and for mods certen Mods like the USS Enterprise-G one that is like the Vengiunse and the Dundles are not working when I drag and Drop can someone help me

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
Re: Some Mods and Sound Not Working
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 12:51:51 AM »
did those TOS mods come with sound files or do the readme's inform you of required mods?

Also if the Ent-G and Dauntless don't show up in game it might mean you will need to create a custom ship script.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 10:08:53 AM »
Probably an issue with the sound plugin.  Do you know how to look through those?  Please follow up on any technical issues ASAP so we can assist properly :)

Offline G1Convoy777

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2017, 12:28:17 PM »
I took a look at the Read me files for the TOS Sounds and there is nothing to explain the type of File I should get is there a Sound Plugin that I maybe missing because the Explosion Sound is also not working

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 09:45:58 PM »
You'll have to edit a SoundPak.py file manually; they are located in your BC directory, in scripts/Custom/Autoload.  When you open the file you'll see something that looks like this (note that this is an example.  As I don't have the mod that you're describing I don't have the exact sound pack you need to modify):

Code: [Select]
#######################################################################################
#  Custom Weapon Sound Plugin                                                         #
#  Created by BC - Mod Packager                                                       #
#  Date: 4/10/2002                                                                    #
#######################################################################################
#                                                                                     #
import Foundation
import App
#                                                                                     #
Foundation.SoundDef("sfx/Weapons/mvam_photons.wav", "PromPhotonTorpedo", 1.0)
Foundation.SoundDef("sfx/Weapons/mvam_quantum.wav", "PromQuantumTorpedo", 1.0)
Foundation.SoundDef("sfx/Weapons/mvamprom_phaser_a.wav", "MvamPrometheus Phaser Start", 1)
Foundation.SoundDef("sfx/Weapons/mvamprom_phaser_b.wav", "MvamPrometheus Phaser Loop", 1)

As you can see, you've got, after the standard "Foundation.SoundDef", "(sfx/Weapons/'name of file', 'sound name').  So you'll need to locate which sound files are for the ships you need, and ensure that they're properly setup in the sound pack.  After that, you'll go into the hardpoint (for the phasers) and make sure they're named properly on each individual beam weapon.  Using this MVAM Prometheus sound pack as an example, you see how at the end it says "MVAM Prometheus Phaser Start/Loop", in the hardpoint for the MVAM Prometheus, you'll see each beam array has a line for the sound effect ("MvamPrometheus Phaser").

For any torpedo weapons, you'll ensure the sound corresponds to what's in the sound pack in the torpedo script, so in this example, if you open up the "DurPromPhotonTorpedo.py" file, you'll see in there for the sound it is listed as "PromPhotonTorpedo".

Hope this helps.  Feel free to let us know if you need any more guidance.

Offline G1Convoy777

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 10:53:53 PM »
Nothing Seems to be working I tried everything I can think of I installed all the Basic Plugins for the Game yet Nothing What am I missing