Author Topic: CALLING App.SortedRegionMenu_GetWarpButton() results in Crash to Desktop  (Read 584 times)

Offline Mark McWire

• Cookies: 1010
Hi, I am working on a new Mod with a modified Foundation system and revised source code. I installed RHCD and other mods for test purposes.

If I want to play a RHCD-game, I get a Crash to Desktop. I debugged the trail to this error and it seemed to be the GetWarpButton-call.

Anyone with related experience or problems with this App-method?

Offline KrrKs

• Cookies: 25
I'm no expert on this, but getWarpButton shouldn't just fail normally.

The App function in question does the usual exe call and returns that retrieved value (after casting it to button, if a value was found). So that end really should work, any errors might occur at the place this function is called (no check for null), probably because the space systems are not set up properly.

Have you tinkered with the RHCD episode in question? Are the space systems all properly set up?
And what exactly do you mean with revised source code? Is Systems\Utils affected by that?

Posting the stack trace could help, as without there is really only guessing what exactly might have gone wrong.

Offline Mark McWire

• Cookies: 1010
And what exactly do you mean with revised source code? Is Systems\Utils affected by that?

Yes. I modified this one. Also I added a SystemEventHandler, that do automatic stuff, when you enter a system set. So Kisk says a Welcome-message and so on.