Author Topic: Treaty mod (idea)  (Read 459 times)

Offline Tethys

• -=USF=- Co-Leader
  • Cookies: 89
Treaty mod (idea)
« on: March 19, 2018, 08:51:22 PM »
Ok, so I just got the idea for sign treaty/declare war mod, but not sure how I would implement it, or if it would affect all ships/players of race or not

Would (hopefully) involve the F6 menu, but could use XO menu. My thoughts are that you would start out enemy with all races (changing the Racesd files is the easy part here), have some buttons label "Sign Treaty" with submenu for "non aggression" (set ships from enemy to neutral), "ally" (set from enemy/neutral to friendly), "declare war" (obviously, removes current treaty status). The tricky part is writing to the Racesd files while the game is in use and updating all players with the packet info for such files. There may be a workaround that would not alter racesd files but not sure at this time.

Of course this would then need to send treaty alerts to all players of both controlling races (may also be tricky), with a divisor of /2 (or multiple of *0.5) so that a democratic voting process can be established between friendly, enemy, and all controlling parties (ex. 6 friendly vs 8 enemy PvP, friendly has 4 yes 2 no, enemy has 4 yes 4 no, treaty would pass with total yes votes [8] and no votes [6]) or, (5 friendly vs 7 enemy, friendly 2 yes 3 no, enemy 4 yes 3 no, treaty will not be signed as total yes votes = total no votes)

Offline newhalo123

• Gamer, Trekkie, Metalhead.
  • Cookies: 211
  • Gamer, Trekkie, Metalhead.
Re: Treaty mod (idea)
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 03:03:14 PM »
This is actually pretty much how the War Simulator in Galaxy Charts 2 works. lol
Minus the voting part.
"Live long, and prosper." -Leonard Nimoy 'Spock' (1931-2015)

"Why, you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy looking nerf herder! " -Carrie Fisher 'Leia' (1956-2016)

Offline Tethys

• -=USF=- Co-Leader
  • Cookies: 89
Re: Treaty mod (idea)
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 03:44:56 PM »
I will take a look and see if I can find the code for it, but importing the whole war simulator into MP I think would be very challenging and too time consuming for a single modder, but might be possible with a new game mode added (ie TKY, DM, TDM, etc... WS [War Sim]). But then I still have not been able to fully implement Galaxy Charts into MP either (something with the Galaxy Map, but the System Map works fine). Thanks for the info :)