Author Topic: Ocassional Blue Screen w/ BC  (Read 918 times)

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
Ocassional Blue Screen w/ BC
« on: April 23, 2018, 08:37:54 PM »
I've been running into this off and on.  Every so often, when running BC, I'll get a Windows blue screen error and my PC will need to reboot.  It doesn't matter what I'm doing in the game, it seems to occur at random.  From what I've been able to find from Google searches it appears to have something to do with my ATI drivers.  I've ensured they're all up to date but the problem is persisting.  Attached is a screenshot of the error.  There's nothing in the BC console dump that is pointing to the issue.  This only occurs with BC.

I had to take the pic w/ my phone since I couldn't get a screenshot.  It reads "stop code: System Thread Exception Not Handled"  The "What Failed?" line reads:  "atikmdag.sys"

Any ideas on what could be going on?

acidtwin

Re: Ocassional Blue Screen w/ BC
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 12:57:49 PM »
I think that's usually ATI / AMD Graphics card related,

Have you got the dump?

Offline Morgan

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 03:42:18 PM »
The console dump has nothing.

acidtwin

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 06:02:18 PM »
The console dump has nothing.

I mean the dump from the blue screen :)

Offline Morgan

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 11:43:45 PM »
I mean the dump from the blue screen :)
Hmm I'm not sure how to locate that.  I just Googled the blue screen error and told me something AMD graphics related.  Do you know where I can get the dump?

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2018, 07:04:47 PM »

Offline Morgan

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2018, 12:03:09 PM »
Thanks for the link Jimmy!

Got the dump - definitely something related to my graphics card driver.  It's up to date so I'm not sure how to fix it.  :banghead:

acidtwin

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2018, 04:22:05 PM »
For some reason, this didn't come up in the new posts section.

Probably too late now but just uninstall your current driver, grab this: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Clean all the leftovers and roll back to an older driver version (even better if you noted down the version that worked best for you).

Offline Morgan

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2018, 05:46:42 PM »
For some reason, this didn't come up in the new posts section.

Probably too late now but just uninstall your current driver, grab this: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Clean all the leftovers and roll back to an older driver version (even better if you noted down the version that worked best for you).

Thanks man!  I haven't run into it in a few days as there was another update, but I'll keep this in my back pocket if it recurs.