Author Topic: New Modded Story Playthrough on YouTube  (Read 712 times)

Offline vonfrank

• Cookies: 182
New Modded Story Playthrough on YouTube
« on: April 28, 2018, 02:00:02 PM »
I'm recording a complete playthrough of BC's story and posting it on YouTube in segments. However, unlike the several other playthroughs already on YT, the install being used is heavily modded.

The mods used are primarily visual enhancements such as using the highest quality versions of each ship available today. Aside from that, the game has hundreds of other scripting tweaks made by myself, like hardpointing and modification of the mission scripts to add diversity to the vessels encountered in the story.

I know this install is not as advanced as the upcoming SP mod being created by Lurok and Jimmy, but the story is still fully playable and looks and preforms way better than the vanilla game.

Check it out here if you're interested:

I'd love to hear any comments or constructive criticism you might have.  :hi:

Offline MrSFX

• Cookies: 5
  • Long Live The Empire
Re: New Modded Story Playthrough on YouTube
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 03:10:51 PM »
Haven't modded and played since i built a new pc, wondering how to replace the campaign galaxy class like you have?

Offline vonfrank

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 11:07:08 PM »
Haven't modded and played since i built a new pc, wondering how to replace the campaign galaxy class like you have?

You mean how to replace the stock Galaxy Class ship model with the one I'm using?

Same as replacing any in-game model with another. Download your new ship, copy the data files to their proper locations, copy the new script and hardpoint files as well (if you want) and you're done! Adding an entirely new ship is more complex, but there are numerous tutorials on this site to help you out with that.

If you want the specific Galaxy Class ship I'm using, it is WileyCoyote's Galaxy, available from his website: http://michaelwileyart.com/gaming/bridge-commander/

By the way, I cant recommend WileyCoyote's ships enough! They are, without a doubt, the highest quality ships out there available for BC. I use them all for this install.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 10:24:53 AM »
If you want the specific Galaxy Class ship I'm using, it is WileyCoyote's Galaxy, available from his website: http://michaelwileyart.com/gaming/bridge-commander/

By the way, I cant recommend WileyCoyote's ships enough! They are, without a doubt, the highest quality ships out there available for BC. I use them all for this install.

:yeahthat: exactly

Offline vonfrank

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 07:38:38 PM »
I'm still in the process of uploading more episodes of the playthrough. As of now there are 23 episodes up on YouTube, with the most recent being my personal favorite mission in the game, The Battle for Starbase 12.

Only 5 more episodes after this. Although its not getting many views outside of our little community, I gotta say this has been a lot of fun to record and share with everyone.  :D