Author Topic: Trouble running NX enterpris study update  (Read 1349 times)

Offline SGM82

• Cookies: 0
Trouble running NX enterpris study update
« on: March 31, 2007, 10:06:09 AM »
Hello people,

As the heading says I cant get this ship http://files.filefront.com/NXEnterpriseStudyupdaterar/;6256021;;/fileinfo.html to run. I have KM 0.9  + patch installed and all other mods listed ie MVAM NFX2 but I get to the bridge look at saffi then....BC crashes to desktop. I have included a console report for anyone who wishes to see it and can offfer any insights as to whats happened

Thank you for your time

SGM82

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1797
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
Re: Trouble running NX enterpris study update
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 10:37:15 AM »
Ill quote nighthawk from FF forums

Quote from: N1GH7H4WK;3313849
hmm, wait. I found the problem, and you'll need a bit of scripting knowledge to fix it.
You can delete scripts/custom/autoload/mvam/nxenterprisegstudy.py and the problem won't appear, but you'll not have the mainhem effect.
or, open the file, find the declaration section and change:
Code: [Select]
MvamShips = ["NXEnterpriseGStudy", "NXEnterpriseGStudy", ((the other ship that I don't remember, lol))] to
MvamShips = ["NXEnterpriseGStudy", "NXEnterpriseGStudyA", ((the other ship that I don't remember, lol))]and
def NXEnterpriseGStudy(pObject, pEvent) to
def NXEnterpriseGStudyA(pObject, pEvent)then, go to scripts/custom/ships, duplicate the NXEnterpiseGStudy.py there and rename one of them to NXEnterpiseGStudyA.py
that error is a nested reference, the plugin keeps calling itself when running and the game locks up. Using this method, you define two ships, but both will point to the same file, so you can cheat ("cheat") in the plugins and the game won't lock

andy170886

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 07:57:55 PM »
does anyone know how to contact the original author and ask him to fix the problem

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 10:54:00 PM »
Holy necrobump! The fix is already posted.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 07:37:41 AM »
indeed...