Author Topic: TNG Dysons Sphere  (Read 1172 times)

Offline AdmiralWhite

• Cookies: 0
TNG Dysons Sphere
« on: June 22, 2018, 03:09:01 PM »
I downloaded the TNG Dyson sphere and I  extracted the DATA and Script file to the Bridge commander directory. however, im unsure where to find it in game it doesn't show in the map list in quick battle.

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1077
    • Blackrook32's YouTube Channel
Re: TNG Dysons Sphere
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 07:30:38 PM »
I downloaded the TNG Dyson sphere and I  extracted the DATA and Script file to the Bridge commander directory. however, im unsure where to find it in game it doesn't show in the map list in quick battle.

The TNG Dyson Sphere is a System map, located in the System map slot of Quickbattle. Even
though, this will not show in QB; if you have not incorporated it as a warpable system.

You have two options; add it in your LoadNanoFX.py, in the scripts/Custom/Autoload. This will make the Dyson System as a now warpable location. This will be available on the Helm menu. Or, if your using Galaxy Charts? You can just make a plugin for the Dyson System (which is easier).

Since I have this in my install, I have it as a GC plugin...

" Fortune Favors the Bold "

Offline AdmiralWhite

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 09:31:36 PM »
I have the Kobayashi Maru installed, do I still install it the same way?

Offline AdmiralWhite

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2018, 09:37:14 PM »
where do I find the LoadNanoFX.py

Offline Tethys

• -=USF=- Co-Leader
  • Cookies: 89
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 11:27:59 AM »
where do I find the LoadNanoFX.py

\scripts\Custom\Autoload

Offline AdmiralWhite

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2018, 05:28:22 PM »
The TNG Dyson Sphere is a System map, located in the System map slot of Quickbattle. Even
though, this will not show in QB; if you have not incorporated it as a warpable system.

You have two options; add it in your LoadNanoFX.py, in the scripts/Custom/Autoload. This will make the Dyson System as a now warpable location. This will be available on the Helm menu. Or, if your using Galaxy Charts? You can just make a plugin for the Dyson System (which is easier).

Since I have this in my install, I have it as a GC plugin...

How do I add it in the LoadNanoFX.py? and I downladed and extracted Galaxy Charts to BridgeCommander, how do I make a plugin for the Dyson System?

Offline AdmiralWhite

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2018, 07:00:22 AM »
How do I add it in the LoadNanoFX.py? and I downladed and extracted Galaxy Charts to BridgeCommander, how do I make a plugin for the Dyson System?

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2018, 10:33:21 AM »

As I explained, you have two options. :angel2:

Galaxy Charts comes with a "System Plugin Creator Tool".
You should really study the plugins and scripts, to see how things work, only way too learn. :nono:

You can add the Dyson map in LoadNanoFX.py by simply adding this code...

import Systems.Dyson.Dyson
         Systems.Dyson.Dyson.CreateMenus()

This will be added to the Helm's menu for warping.

Or, just look for a system map you don't use, and replace that name "Dyson" as it appears in the example above.

The second option is to make a plugin for Galaxy Charts.

This is located in the scripts/Custom/Systems folder. One for the "Regions" & "Sets" folder respectively.

"Region" Plugin code (name the .py "Dyson")

Code: [Select]
# This is a region plugin for Galaxy Charts and New Frontier, created by the System Plugin Creator Tool

########## GENERAL REGION INFORMATION ##########

Name = "Dyson"
ControllingEmpire = "Federation"
SectorNumber = 4395
ImagePath = ""
Type = "Single"
Location = [0, 27400.5]
OnlyInQB = 0
OnlyMult = 0
IgnoreRDF = 1
SystemsFiles = ["Systems.Dyson.Dyson1"]
Description = "This alien artifact was discovered by the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D on Stardate 45876.2. While tracking the distress call of a federation transport the Jenolin. That disappeared eighty years earlier. The Dyson sphere is enclosed around an entire star system. The interior surface is that of a Class-M Planet. Though later theorized the Ancient race that build the sphere, abandoned the artifact due to it's sun emitting deadly solar flares."

"Sets" Plugin code (name this .py "Dyson1")

Code: [Select]
# This is a system Plugin for GalaxyCharts and NewFrontier, made with the System Plugin Creator Tool

##########  GENERAL SYSTEM INFORMATION  ##########

Name = "Dyson"
AltName = "Sector 4395"
ScriptFile = "Systems.Dyson.Dyson1"
Economy = 1000
StrategicValue = 1000
DefaultDefence = 1000
Description = "EXTREME HAZARD WARNING - Due to it's malfunctioning transport system. Once inside the interior the danger increases from corrosive nebulae created from eons of immense solar flare discharges. CAUTION - DO NOT HAIL THE SPHERE!!. This alien artifact was discovered by the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D on Stardate 45876.2. While tracking the distress call of a federation transport the Jenolin. That disappeared eighty years earlier. The Dyson sphere is enclosed around an entire star system. The interior surface is that of a Class-M Planet. Though later theorized the Ancient race that build the sphere, abandoned the artifact due to it's sun emitting deadly solar flares. The sphere is 1.5 light years in diameter. Though the sphere is still operational. Drawing the abundant energy from the encapsulated star. The sphere may transport you to the interior when you venture within proximity. Due to it's malfunctioning transport system. Starfleet is currently conducting a Archaeological survey of the artifact. This sector is designated a NO FLY ZONE. Starfleet will respond to any unauthorized contact."
Biographical = Description

##########  SYSTEM ENVIRONMENTAL INFORMATION  ##########
#####  RADIATIONS  (0.1 = lowest possible ,  10.0 = maximum possible) #####
ChronitonRadiation = 2.1
CosmicRadiation = 10.1
DeltaRadiation = 6.1
EMRadiation = 10.1
GammaRadiation = 9.1
HyperonicRadiation = 8.7
KinoplasmicRadiation = 0.1
ThalaronRadiation = 10.1
ThetaRadiation = 10.0
MetaphasicRadiation = 0.1
OmicronRadiation = 10.1
PlasmaRadiation = 9.5
PolaricRadiation = 4.9
SubnucleonicRadiation = 10.1
SubspaceRadiation = 8.2
TemporalRadiation = 0.1
ThermionicRadiation = 10.1
ThoronRadiation = 8.5

#####  PARTICLES  (0.1 = lowest possible ,  10.0 = maximum possible) #####
AntiProtons = 0.1
AntiNeutrinos = 8.6
AntiGravitons = 0.1
DarkMatter = 0.1
Duderons = 4.3
Metreons = 0.1
Gravitons = 0.1
Omega = 0.1
Polarons = 0.1
Positrons = 0.1
Tetryons = 0.1
Verterons = 0.1
Mesons = 0.1
Neutrinos = 5.1

Offline AdmiralWhite

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2018, 02:07:15 PM »
my Apologies, but in your screen shots is this what the Dyson Sphere looks like in game, because Ive followed all the instructions, I added it to the game however its just black space once I warp into the system. is there a way to post the set and region py file here. you can see what I did.

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2018, 05:17:46 PM »
my Apologies, but in your screen shots is this what the Dyson Sphere looks like in game, because Ive followed all the instructions, I added it to the game however its just black space once I warp into the system. is there a way to post the set and region py file here. you can see what I did.

You do realize that's a "personal" texture modification from my install, right?

I've since modified the Dyson map to work with a unreleased SG1 stargate network. As for the regions scripts, all YOU have to do is copy and past the code provided to notepad, and name them accordingly. Currently you can't post .py documents, as a attachment in the forums.

Offline AdmiralWhite

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2018, 11:35:26 AM »
I'd like to modify the texture to look have the same look, is there tutorial on how to do a texture modification?

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2018, 05:40:01 PM »
I'd like to modify the texture to look have the same look, is there tutorial on how to do a texture modification?

That's a loaded question, that can be simply answered.

You will need to be dedicated & research on your own. Some of the more popular programs are Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro and Inkscape. There are plenty of tutorials online and Youtube. The search engine is your friend.  :)

You need to know how too...

* How to use "Clone Brush" (this is a generic term in any art program)
* Art Terminology for PC programs (they are basically the same)

Altering texture takes time and practice, and your not going to learn it quickly. Your first efforts will not be perfect. But if your determine to learn, this should not be a deterrent.

I learned how to use Adobe Photoshop (attended 4 years in Art College). But my go-to program is one given to me back in 2002; by a friend who encouraged me to mod BC and it's Paint Shop Pro 7 (still use it today).

The only way to learn about alter textures, is by reading tutorials on line, there are many; depending on what art program your using, like Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro.

And how did I learned? Simply by trail and error. :thumbsup: