Author Topic: Multiplayer  (Read 603 times)

Offline tjthedj

• Cookies: 0
Multiplayer
« on: August 13, 2018, 04:33:00 PM »
Is it possible for me to get the multiplayer to work? I honestly don't know where to begin

I mean I want to play Solo with a friend but I really have no idea how to host a session, I tried Hamachi and direct connect.. Nada.

We are also using KB Mod ^^

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
Re: Multiplayer
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 05:38:55 PM »
GameSpy servers are down so only local IP games work now IIRC.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 12:07:47 AM »
Wasn't there some kind of a restoration project on Facebook that had a multiplayer server?  Is that still around?

Offline Defiant

• Cookies: 1105
    • BC: Kobayashi Maru
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 02:10:59 PM »
Url for masterserver.txt is "master.333networks.com"

List is http://master.333networks.com/s/bcommander

Offline Tethys

• -=USF=- Co-Leader
  • Cookies: 89
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 07:09:32 PM »
Hello, I am behind the project for Gamespy replacement master server. I contacted 333Networks, they had a coder who was updating the master server and basically forgot about compatibility for STBC. During updates, the new code broke the link for STBC, as it had added new ports that STBC does not support, that seem to be required by the new code. So, an exception in the master server code needs to be added, and maybe some other things (I don't do networking). This requires me and the 333networks lead dev to be online at the same time. I live in US, EST, and he lives somewhere in eastern? Europe. We are always both working, so finding the time has been hard. But trust me, we are still working on it. As for now, yes you are limited to direct IP connections, local network (LAN), or via Hamachi, etc.