Author Topic: Torpedo Launch Power Cost  (Read 872 times)

Offline Anew9

• Cookies: 1
Torpedo Launch Power Cost
« on: September 23, 2018, 12:40:30 PM »
I've been trying to make the power cost of launching a torpedo from a pulse weapon launcher higher, but no matter what I do I can't seem to make the torpedo launch cost more on the main power battery.

How can I make the power cost of a torpedo launch work?

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
Re: Torpedo Launch Power Cost
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 02:19:15 PM »
I don't believe you can.  There are some things in the hardpoints that just weren't implemented into the actual game - things like the SetMaxDamage line for pulse weapons for example.

Offline Anew9

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 02:31:04 PM »
Aw, that's too bad.

Thanks for your reply!

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1077
    • Blackrook32's YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 05:20:19 PM »
I've been trying to make the power cost of launching a torpedo from a pulse weapon launcher higher, but no matter what I do I can't seem to make the torpedo launch cost more on the main power battery.

How can I make the power cost of a torpedo launch work?

I don't believe you can.  There are some things in the hardpoints that just weren't implemented into the actual game - things like the SetMaxDamage line for pulse weapons for example.

Actually you can, depending on your approach. :)

Keep in mind the radius factors for a pulse and torpedo are different...

* Pulse Phaser:       pTorp.SetDamageRadiusFactor(0.2)
* Standard Torpedo: pTorp.SetDamageRadiusFactor(0.34)

If your going to write a script, you will have to alter the radius of the torpedo too match the pulse radius.

I made a torpedo for the Intrepid Class mod pack v.2.5. By using this defined power setting in the tactical/projectiles.py script ...

ex: def GetPowerCost():
   return(35.0)

* Tri-Cobalt Photon: This is a powerful weapon of last resort. Firing this will drain your ship's Main Battery by 45%. It is not recommended to use this weapon while your ship's energy reserves are low, though the destructive yield is extreme. You will have a standard issue of five total.

" Fortune Favors the Bold "

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 11:47:55 PM »

If your going to write a script, you will have to alter the radius of the torpedo too match the pulse radius.

I made a torpedo for the Intrepid Class mod pack v.2.5. By using this defined power setting in the tactical/projectiles.py script ...

return(35.0)

* Tri-Cobalt Photon: This is a powerful weapon of last resort. Firing this will drain your ship's Main Battery by 45%. It is not recommended to use this weapon while your ship's energy reserves are low, though the destructive yield is extreme. You will have a standard issue of five total.
Oh wow!  I didn't know that.  Thanks for chiming in Good Sir!

Offline Anew9

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 10:02:37 PM »

return(35.0)

Wow.

So how can I modify the existing py script in the tactical projectiles pathway for the photon torpedoes to allow it to use power per launch?

I'm a little confused on how you did it...

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1077
    • Blackrook32's YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2018, 12:08:26 PM »
Wow.

So how can I modify the existing py script in the tactical projectiles pathway for the photon torpedoes to allow it to use power per launch?

I'm a little confused on how you did it...

From your original post, you wanted to fire a modified torpedo from your pulse cannons?

The power cost example:

def GetPowerCost():
    return(35.0)

That number "35.0" is the power cost percentage of launching that weapon.

All you have to do, get a existing pulsephaser.py script like from a Defiant class. Apply the conversions like the example posts above. Your basically making a micro-torpedo, and there are examples of that in the community, like DKealt's weapons pack.

You will also have to change the designated pulsephaser texture in the projectile.py script, to the one from your modified torpedo.

In theory it should work. :)

" Fortune Favors the Bold "