Author Topic: A request for Anduril  (Read 786 times)

Offline Alex1989

• Cookies: 0
A request for Anduril
« on: March 19, 2019, 09:52:45 AM »
I am a vet player of both BC and SFC and I just learned how to convert BC ships To SFC for personal use. I have two Constitutions made by Anduril, From the TOS Canon Mod Pack I wish to release them for the SFC community. Is there a Point of Contact from Anduril, I need his permission to  release the ships, obviously he will be credited as the author of the model.

Thanks in advance.  :)

Offline KrrKs

• Cookies: 25
Re: A request for Anduril
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 03:25:43 PM »
(Someone correct me, please) I don't think Anduril was ever member on this forum.
At least his name does not show up in the member list, or the master permission thread.

A quick search accross gamefront only came up with a now invalid web- address (http://home.new.rr.com/hagens), no email or other contact. :idk:

Sorry, but maybe you can dig up more somewhere else.
Though Tiq knew him, it seems. So maybe someone else here has his contact, too.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 04:15:06 PM »
Tiq never said anything to ME about knowing Anduril, and we were in constant contact.  I may have been only one of the Beta testers, but I was a lot involved with most of SFRD.  hell, i still have pending releases for SFRD!  we didn't get a couple of ships out before he passed.

frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if those connies already have an SFC version out.  I still have two Anduril mods, myself (one of them probably one of the conies you have), and a "borgified" connie converted from one of his.  lemmie check the old readme's for old links.

frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if he'd LONG since moved on from this stuff and they're considered abandonware.

Edit: i was right.  the TOS constitution i have IS the conversion to BC from SFC already, ditto with a romulan of his I just discovered.  suggest you check cached webpages to see if the SFC versions are still around.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Alex1989

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 06:35:11 PM »
Tiq never said anything to ME about knowing Anduril, and we were in constant contact.  I may have been only one of the Beta testers, but I was a lot involved with most of SFRD.  hell, i still have pending releases for SFRD!  we didn't get a couple of ships out before he passed.

frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if those connies already have an SFC version out.  I still have two Anduril mods, myself (one of them probably one of the conies you have), and a "borgified" connie converted from one of his.  lemmie check the old readme's for old links.

frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if he'd LONG since moved on from this stuff and they're considered abandonware.

Edit: i was right.  the TOS constitution i have IS the conversion to BC from SFC already, ditto with a romulan of his I just discovered.  suggest you check cached webpages to see if the SFC versions are still around.

I have checked, one of them is similar to the second pilot configuration but registered as the Constitution NCC-1700 That one was built by Atrahasis, other's were of similar or modified design but not as exact and accurate to the show as the two I posses built by Anduril, which I forgot to mention are registered as the Enterprise NCC-1701.

What options do I have, should I release them or look for Anduril in the Dynaverse forum?

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 05:59:38 AM »
I think it'd be an utter miracle if you could find a first gen modder like Anduril floating around somewhere. if I could remember where Wiley hangs out at forums, I'd also look there, as I get the impression that several early modders float around, there, yet, along with the actual movie miniaturists.

I have the Stresspuppy Connie, which I thought was quite accurate to the 3 footer.  it appears to be a BC conversion as well.  picked that up in the freebie bin before the purge.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Alex1989

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2019, 08:53:55 PM »
I think it'd be an utter miracle if you could find a first gen modder like Anduril floating around somewhere. if I could remember where Wiley hangs out at forums, I'd also look there, as I get the impression that several early modders float around, there, yet, along with the actual movie miniaturists.

I have the Stresspuppy Connie, which I thought was quite accurate to the 3 footer.  it appears to be a BC conversion as well.  picked that up in the freebie bin before the purge.

Hmmm, interesting.

Anyway, about the Connies, should I release them or scratch that idea?

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2019, 02:32:43 AM »
Anduril is a very oldschool modder, like 2002-2003 era.  One of the first.
There would be no chance to contact him other than whatever last email he may have left in whatever readme a decade and a half ago.
My guess would be - it would be fine to do the conversions, just to be certain all due credit is given with respect.

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2019, 05:55:46 AM »
at this point, it's probably a moot question.  I can only find obsolete website links rather than an email of any sort in my own anduril mods (which is probably where any contact info was to begin with).  I agree with Jimmy, here, that you can probably just go for it.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline Alex1989

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2019, 06:03:16 PM »
at this point, it's probably a moot question.  I can only find obsolete website links rather than an email of any sort in my own anduril mods (which is probably where any contact info was to begin with).  I agree with Jimmy, here, that you can probably just go for it.

Ok... Feel free to visit Dynaverse forums to get them.