Author Topic: Crashing when trying to warp to the badlands.  (Read 703 times)

Offline Yuzukisuzuki

• Cookies: 0
Crashing when trying to warp to the badlands.
« on: May 29, 2019, 11:55:35 PM »
hi guys, I download bc and km few weeks back, not had much problems from it all but some fps issues. i installed some ships, tried warp to the badlands in the galaxy charts war simulator i even tried in the quictbattlemode that did not even work i just keep crashing, i can warp to another places, just not badlands i even went as far as downloading  ds9fx xtended and installed that to other folder by self copy over badlands model stuff.

am not sure what try next.

i have bc 1.1 and km 2011 i download both of them from km site. 

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
Re: Crashing when trying to warp to the badlands.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 06:00:45 AM »
FPS issues are pretty much standard operating procedure with BC.

what it sounds like is that something in the Badlands set is either missing or going to the wrong place.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Yuzukisuzuki

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 01:20:54 PM »
am not really worried about fps issues i found work around fix them, as for badlands i found there normal badlands that does not work i think file is corrupt, i found ds9fxbadlands i was able warp to it. think maybe some of files in my game is corrupt i even had starship that was corrupt i was able fix it by replacing it with mod version of said ship. 

so there two badlands, ds9fx one and normal badlands. Is the normal Badlands part of km or system pack? i would like replace it if possible.

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 02:27:54 PM »
I believe it's part of KM.  I know there have been several fixes issued.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Yuzukisuzuki

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2019, 03:09:06 PM »
i download 2rd copy km tried fix badlands, still can't warp i don't have clue what could be missing or etc think am going give up on trying fix it, thanks for help.

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2019, 12:15:43 PM »
Is it crashing as you're about to reach the system?  Or right when you click the warp button?  Also, is there anything in the console dump?  There are a couple of possibilities:

* Crash as you arrive:  Likely a corrupt .NIF file for the plasma storms

* Crash when you click the warp button:  Possible conflict between the DS9FX Badlands set and the original one from the ZM system pack

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2019, 01:01:29 PM »
Crashing when entering set is probably caused by a missing model of some sorts. That's very difficult to track down.

* Crash when you click the warp button:  Possible conflict between the DS9FX Badlands set and the original one from the ZM system pack

I doubt it's a compatibility issue, everything in DS9FX is prefixed with DS9FX prefix to avoid such issues.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2019, 06:54:46 AM »
the first thing I looked at was what models are loaded into the set, and it's stock ships.  mabey it's the vortex models they have missing?

note that they said they have no OTHER problems other than it crashing while warping to Badlands, so the nif goof is likely. *smirk* at least SOMEONE got it to work, I still can't get galaxy charts to behave.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline Mario

• Administrator
  • Life is life
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2019, 03:54:36 PM »
the first thing I looked at was what models are loaded into the set, and it's stock ships.  mabey it's the vortex models they have missing?

Are you sure the other Badlands set (non ds9fx set) has vortex models as well? I wasn't referring to checking DS9FX set as per my understanding there is another set which doesn't work.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2019, 05:28:09 AM »
I only have whatever came with the last KM I downloaded, as I originally crashed 7 years ago due to an overzealous virus scanner.  I still have to go through and retweak my install to put everything right, again.  Thank goodness for the archived fix pages, here :P

either way, I only have one copy of badlands, myself, and it's the KM version that came with what version of DS9FX that was packed into the last KM.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline Mario

• Administrator
  • Life is life
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2019, 07:26:56 PM »
Well OP mentions 2 badlands.

as for badlands i found there normal badlands that does not work i think file is corrupt, i found ds9fxbadlands i was able warp to it

I've no idea what is that.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign