Author Topic: Crashes when starting quick battle (log included)  (Read 624 times)

Offline 00awesome

• Cookies: 0
  • BCC Member
Crashes when starting quick battle (log included)
« on: July 25, 2019, 05:36:32 PM »
Hi, it's been very long since I played this and thought I'd get back into it, I've been unable to play it due to crashes when starting QB, I'll get the loading screen and crash to desktop, was hoping to get some help here. Thanks! Here's the log...

Outdated Foundation, updating functions
Outdated Foundation, installing FolderManager
Repairing ship description outputs...
Foundation Tech loaded
BridgeFX Enabled...
CameraFX Enabled...
ExplosionFX Enabled...
SpecialFX Enabled...
WarpFX Enabled...
AttributeError: PreLoadAssets
Traceback (innermost last):
  File ".\Scripts\Tactical\Interface\WeaponsDisplay.py", line 66, in Create
    pTorpedoPane = CreateTorpedoPane(fWidth, fHeight, pDisplay.GetShipID())
  File ".\Scripts\Tactical\Interface\WeaponsDisplay.py", line 281, in CreateTorpedoPane
    fPosX = (pProp.GetIconPositionX() + dTORP_X_BIAS[pGraphicsMode.GetWidth()]) / pGraphicsMode.GetWidth()
KeyError: 1920

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
Re: Crashes when starting quick battle (log included)
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 06:57:33 PM »
hmm...they key here is "1920".  was it working previously in widescreen when it was last run?
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline 00awesome

• Cookies: 0
  • BCC Member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 11:02:01 PM »
Nope, it works in the default resolution but as soon as I try widescreen with the 1920x1080, it stops working, I already made sure I was getting my height and width correct. I'm running Windows 10 64-bit if that's any help.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 05:48:15 AM »
there should be several reference posts here for stabilizing the widescreen version.  hopefully, one of the people that got it working well will show up with posts as well.  if I remember right, there are some specialty scripts needed for a widescreen conversion.  wouldn't mind some better info myself; can't get mine to go over 1024 even in fullscreen (non windowed) and with built in support.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline KrrKs

• Cookies: 25
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2019, 11:05:18 AM »
That specific error comes from missing dictionary entries in scripts\Tactical\Interface\WeaponsDisplay.py.

There are four dictionaries at the top of that file : dTORP_X_BIAS, dTORP_Y_BIAS, dPHASER_X_BIAS, and dPHASER_Y_BIAS.
These include a value for each available screen resolution (width) value, which is missing here.
The dTORP_X_BIAS dict should look like this:
Code: [Select]
dTORP_X_BIAS = {
640: 1,
800: 1,
1024: 2,
1280: 3,
1600: 3,
1920: 3
  }
Simply insert another entry for 1920 to these dicts, and copy the value from the 1600 entry. (Don't forget to add commas where needed).

Though there are several other edits necessary to make BC widescreen.
I believe scripts\Icons\SystemIcons.py GetScreenResWidth() function needs to be altered to return 4 for the 1920 resolution. But other than that I don't know what exactly needed to be altered.