Author Topic: Constantly Crashing. Details inside. Help Please.  (Read 636 times)

Offline Lukas2409

• Cookies: 0
Constantly Crashing. Details inside. Help Please.
« on: September 05, 2019, 01:41:14 AM »
Ok so I've been trying to get the game working on Windows 10 for a while now.

Details of my Install.
Legit CD Copy. 1.1 Patch. BC Supermod Bridge Plugin Core with Late TNG and High Res Nemesis Bridge, one high quality nemesis uniform mod and that's it. The game runs fine.

However any time I hit a loading screen it crashes, or any time I go to warp to transition between star systems it crashes making the game unplayable. I'm running the game in cheat/test mode so I can load individual episodes.

It's also got this weird thing going on where I need to boot up Quick Battle before loading up an actual mission/Episode, which is weird. i tried cracking the game to see if that would help and it didn't.

Anyone have any idea why it's doing this? I've installed everything properly and the mods work fine, I installed it the exact same way on Windows 7 and yeah it was unstable but it ran and just took persistence, this is constantly crashing and unplayable. I've also used BCUT now instead of BCMP and BCMI if that makes any difference which I didn't think it would?

If you need a console report to help me, tell this noob how to get one.

Thanks!

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
Re: Constantly Crashing. Details inside. Help Please.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 02:51:09 AM »
Use the other thread for this. Using either bcmi or bcut has nothing to do with this. Maybe using bp core with supermod does conflict.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline Lukas2409

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 03:18:06 AM »
Use the other thread for this. Using either bcmi or bcut has nothing to do with this. Maybe using bp core with supermod does conflict.

I'd like the other thread deleted if possible, couldn't do it myself, this one is clearer.

BPCore doesn't have any issue with Supermod, it all worked on my Windows 7 install, it was unstable but not broken/unplayable.

This crashes any time you go to warp as stated above.

All the mods are actually working including those custom bridges.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2019, 10:20:00 AM »
I'm afraid I must say that BC Supermod is a giant mod that has always had problems.  Many many people trough the years have reported alot of crashes and bugs with BC Supermod, it is not very stable and I personally would recommend against the whole mod itself just because of its issues.

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2019, 08:52:00 PM »
I'd like the other thread deleted if possible, couldn't do it myself, this one is clearer.

BPCore doesn't have any issue with Supermod, it all worked on my Windows 7 install, it was unstable but not broken/unplayable.

This crashes any time you go to warp as stated above.

All the mods are actually working including those custom bridges.

I wrote in the other thread what I want you to try\provide.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline Lukas2409

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2019, 02:51:54 AM »
Done