Author Topic: Bridge Guest Menu (F6)  (Read 603 times)

Offline Tethys

• -=USF=- Co-Leader
  • Cookies: 89
Bridge Guest Menu (F6)
« on: November 28, 2019, 08:11:51 AM »
I am aware that there is a guest spot on the bridge, like for when Picard comes to your ship in campaign mode. Question is, how do I get that working in quickbattle or multiplayer? What are the requirements? Have any of you had any success with getting F6 to work, even the smallest success? Please share your experience, because I need a new bridge menu, for Ops (Harry Kim's position)

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
Re: Bridge Guest Menu (F6)
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 04:20:48 PM »
JB2005 did some scripts waaay back that added a character to bridge guest seats

http://www.bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,8311.msg171830.html#msg171830

Offline Tethys

• -=USF=- Co-Leader
  • Cookies: 89
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 09:06:09 PM »
Interesting, I had a look at the topic and it seems that the entire thing would need to be built from scratch, or another menu would need to be copied and altered with tgl pointers; basically the works. Probably more trouble than its worth, since not every bridge has the extra space for a bridge model. I will have an in depth look at the F6 menu stuff at a later date. Thanks for the info, if anyone else has any info to help it along faster it would be great

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2019, 05:54:20 AM »
common sense shortcut for those capable of stowing a guest; take out one of the walkon extras.  or please a lot of old-skool players by taking out Saffi :P
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet